While driving 30 mph, the accelerator pedal was applied, but the vehicle failed to respond. You are currently viewing Chevrolet.com (United States). Tl* the contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. Lemberg Law is a consumer law firm helping victims of bad manufacturing and run-arounds from auto companies. The vehicle eventually restarted and was taken to the local dealer, but the cause of the failure was not determined. Its a 3rd time that I experience dead battery (stationary/parked) for brand new car 2017 hybrid malibu within 2 years. The manufacturer was not yet contacted. It only happens when your vehicle is in motion. The local dealer was notified of the failure and an appointment was scheduled for the repair. The insurance company was contacted and towed the vehicle to the collision shop where it was deemed a total loss. 2018 offers improvements, and buyers should avoid 2016 and older models with more problems. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and provided the contact with a case number. So I kept bailing out water and parking in garages. I could have been seriously injured or killed. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. *tr. Its caused by a defective switch in the transmission controller and requires replacement. This was an absolutely terrifying situation. This happened about 2 years ago, but it stopped and has worked fine for two years. So mechanic comes and says there is nothing wrong with your bulbs. My car has been in and out of the dealership since I purchased it back in 2017. One month after my guarantee ends I had transmission park switch defective cost me 325,00 to repair Would GM be responsable for the replacing switch? The contact was informed that the entire engine needed to be replaced. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. I am unable to turn the car off - so do I leave it running in my garage? The vehicle was repaired. I spoke with the general manager and the best he could do was to tell me he would "try" to work up some numbers to get me into another car. MY VEHICLE WOULD NOT START. The contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. Get answers and make your voice heard! The vehicle was towed to cable dahmer of kansas city (555 w 103 st, kansas city, mo 64114, (816) 285-4589) where the contact was informed that an unknown sensor needed to be replaced. I come to a stop light it goes to auto stop then I go to start accelerating and the vehicle will shut down engine light comes on and vehicle will not start back up for a min or 2. Again, my car is not covered. Engine light popped on and when diagnosed, the following codes appear: brake booster pressure sensor, worn/damaged vacuum lines, corroded/damaged connector, damage/faulty wiring, defective brake booster, defective pcm. Tl* the contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. The vehicle was not repaired. After the officer jump my car off it crank back up but I took it to the shop and place on the machine and the battery and alternator is fine. A simple fix of tightening the screws or using lock type screws. I have taking my car to chevy 8/2021 twice and now 9/28/22 for what I believe to be throttle body control and accelerator pedal issue. I have read forums on this issue with 2016-2018 models. If dealer doesn't help I'm contacting a lawyer for lemon law please help the acceleration issue started the week I purchased it 2 years ago the stalling started last week. I was using a normal amount of force to close the door and was shocked at the damage the door tip did to my leg. The contact stated upon restarting the vehicle, the warning messages were no longer illuminated and she was able to continue driving. Was driving 68 mph when it occurred on georgia 400. I worked for general motors for 14 years. The contact had initially taken the vehicle to malcolm cunningham chevrolet augusta (2031 gordon hwy, augusta, ga 30909) where she was informed that she had a defective rack and pinion. Today while driving down the highway my car suddenly showed the check engine light, the traction control light, slowed down to approximately 10-15 miles per hour and showed "reduced engine power" warning on the dashboard. Now, it does it every time I put the car into park. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. It would happen on side streets, on main roads, sitting in rush hour traffic, etc. About 2 years ago I began having issues with my 2017 chevy malibu right before I hit my 100k mile extended warranty. 2017 Chevrolet Malibu This problem may be covered under warranty. Tl* the contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. A fellow motorist assisted her in jump-starting the vehicle and the contact was able to resume normal driving. Lights and radio will not turn off until warning goes away. Steering wheel locked up when attempting to turn. *dl parts of this document have been redacted to protect personally identifiable information pursuant to the freedom of information act (foia), 5 u. S. C. 552(b)(6). IT HAS ON NUMEROUS OCCASION AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS FELT LIKE THE STEERING WENT REALLY LOOSE, ALMOST A NEUTRAL FEEL WITHOUT RESISTANCE AND VEHICLE BECOMES DIFFICULT TO CONTROL WHEN THIS HAPPENS. I've had it into the dealer but they could not find anything by the time I got there. Also the car is dying when the car does come to a stop so that you have to put it in park and start it again. So far, I was told after 1 year of trying to fix the issue and hundreds of dollars spent on rental cars because this issue is not deemed a warranty issue, they gave me 00 to purchase another gm vehicle, never addressing the issue of the safety concerns I have with the car. It's been going on for weeks. A sudden reduction of speed in a congested area is a recipe for disaster. Doors would not lock, emergency lights stay on and had a beeping sound. Engine power reduce with engine light on came up with code p2138 and my car started loosing it's speed. My car is still fairly new with only 35k miles. Took the vehicle into the dealership for inspection with the initial problem being the o2 sensor they updated the software and it was noted gm would monitor the concern and has been an ongoing issue since. 9 Brakes Failed problem of the 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Failure Date: 06/03/2019 Vehicle was traveling at 65mph on a highway. A message came on on the driver information center (d. I. C.) that read "stabil" and those are the only characters I could see in the small character box. The light turns on after highway travel. The alert steering assist is reduced, drive with care constantly comes on whenever there is an auto stop and the car restarts. I had my pistons and all that replaced back in 2019, I have also had the battery replaced 3 times since getting this vehicle as that is what gm recommended. The contact took the vehicle to five star chevrolet (2199 david h mcleod blvd, florence, sc 29501, (843) 605-0183) however, the mechanic was unable to identify the cause for the failure. I have complained to gm, but they are sticking to not knowing anything about this problem and not covering any portion of the repairs. The vehicle was towed to page chevrolet (6500 little river turnpike, alexandria, va) where it was diagnosed that the internal parts of the accelerator pedal assembly were deformed and caused the failure. Tl* the contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. The car would not accelerate and started slowing rapidly, almost resulting in a collision. IN LESS THAN A MONTH, THE CAR STARTED HAVING ISSUES. This has to do with some electrical connection around the drive pedal! This is unacceptable and could lead to serious injury. When you exit car to lock you get a double beep indicating car is still on. I haven't been able to find any place with the part to get the vehicle fix. Randomly shuts down while driving. We are still worry about driving this vehicle, since we are becoming aware that this is an issue that seems to be repeating itself to many other owners of the same vehicle and model as our malibu in the united states and canada. When the car comes to a stop I can hear rushing water in the dashboard. I've done research and several malibu's since 2008 has this same issue. I purchased a 2017 Malibu. After 2 or 3 visits to my dealer, they fixed the problem after calibrating the meter months ago and it was fine until today. How come chevrolet didn't issue a recall? Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. My car will say "engine power reduced" and it will not let me accelerate after it happens. This started the beginning of march and has continued. The contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. Vehicle has multiple times a day "reduced engine power" error displayed and will suddenly stall anywhere in traffic causing dangerous situations. Tl* the contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. The nuts used to fasten 3rd brake light are not locking nuts therefor loosen causing the 3rd break light to filter to loosen and break. There are many complaints of ppl losing power while on the freeway. Also I have 2' of water in wheel well car leaks water into spare tire well. I have sent some documentation to the dealership with regards to customer satisfaction program number n182195660 attached below. The contact activated the left turn signal and it failed to turn off and continued blinking once the turn was completed. When driving my vehicle at highway speed the vehicle slows down at about 15-20 mph a message on the dashboard states engine reduced power. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. Sit back and let the experts work out your lemon case at no cost to you. Engine reduced speed is a problem and is very damgerous I was almost hit on the freeway. Note: the car allowed me to move the shift in and out of gears but it was not catching. Tl the contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. Vehicle will shut down after auto stop enabled when car comes to complete stop at lights, intersections, etc. Caprice 2011-2017; Colorado 2010-2022; Corvette 2010-2022; Cruze 2010-2019 . The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. I went into the trunk a day later and the tire well cover was wet. This is very dangerous to be driving at high speeds and all of a sudden the vehicle drops speed to 15-20 mph. Driving the vehicle on the road and it loses power and wont let you drive over 30 mph. Recently it has just begun to stop for no apparent reason. Needs to be corrected and covered by gm. I truned the car back on and the message went away. Chevrolet Malibu owners have reported 83 problems related to engine shut off without warning (under the engine and engine cooling category). The contact noticed water entering the vehicle and the interior of the vehicle was wet. We use cookies to analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads. Last night I experienced 3rd dead battery again after I parked the car for 7 hrs office work. This allowed the vehicle to regain engine power but the check engine light remained on. 3) engine light has come on and off since I purchased the car. For example, five-year costs for the 2017 Ford Fusion and the 2017 Hyundai Sonata are roughly $23,380 and $22,670, respectively. The sudeen loss of power is a serious safety issue. It is very expensive and unfortunate that they will not cover this issue regardless of miles, knowing that this can happen to the 2017 chevy malibu's at any time. Lights still on and reduced engine power. When parking car we place the shifter in park, and psh the button to turn off car it states to put shifter in park after wiggling the shifter that is clearly in park the car will shut off. We've fixed thousands of lemon problems. I was nearly killed, and will suffer from a life altering tbi for the rest of my life. The approximate failure mileage was 90,000. After stopping and shifting to park and pushing the "ignition button". This is not the regular start/stop functionality. This definitely has to be fixed before it causes serious accidents ! Dealership fixed the pistons and added a new battery still had a problem and now they replaced accel pedal sensor. I would buy one again although I do prefer the extra space of the Impala over it now. Frequently the car will say that the transmission is not in park, but the shifter is in the park position, and the car will not turn off until I take it from park to reverse to park again. Tl* the contact owns a 2017 chevrolet malibu. This problem began about a week ago and it seems to be somewhat worse as time goes on. It has on numerous occasions at highway speeds felt like the steering went really loose, almost a neutral feel without resistance and vehicle becomes difficult to control when this happens. During the failure, the vehicle suddenly accelerated to approximately 25 mph. Before the recall I payed for repairs out of pocket for what the dealership thought it was which it was not. The 2nd time dead battery occured was last june 2019 only, dealer also replaced the battry. Essentially the car is not recognizing that it is in 'park' and as such would not turn off or lock correctly. The vehicle was taken to domino motor (3137 255th st, sac city, ia 50583) where it was diagnosed that the catalytic converter needed replacement. Component: vacuum pump, booster which caused engine damage (cam shaft) safety: unable to stop which could cause a collision confirmation: chevrolet dealer confirmed the booster caused the vacuum pump to fail which also caused engine damage inspection: geico is sending an inspector and chevrolet also confirmed damage warning lights: no warning lights. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. I have reached out to gm to open a case to see if my car could be part of this notification, though they have initially told me its not, its too obvious that the car meets everything that is described in the notice. Also google comments and post indicated this is a complaint by many and should be a considered for a recall. 2016 Chevy Malibu 1LT 1.5T/6-Speed 135k miles, I was just browsing the forum and found a 2nd discussion by. Well coming to a stop at a red light the vehicle shuts off with no power. The battery was replaced and the stability trac warning light was illuminated. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The vehicle was not repaired. Was able to get to a safe place but had to have it towed to dealer. It is alarming that the mechanics cannot find the issue and it is getting worse by the day. The gas goes really fast and I can't even get 13 gallons in my tank. It was not safe traveling at the speed that I was. My mechanic showed me a bulletin from gm describing this exact issue and then recommend me to get in touch with the dealership that I bought the car and or the manufacturer. Power completly turns off while driving. The failure mileage was 20,000. I get about 21 mpg every trip. In addition, a more permanent solution needs to be provided than what's listed on the service bulletin: (a) scraping deposits off the electrical contacts with your thumb 50 times to see if that works, (b) installing a jumper to see if that works, or (c) replacing the shifter control assembly. I put it in PARK, then I pushed the button to start. I am waiting to hear back from the dealership. An update that only a gm facility can do. Road tested for 45 miles before returning vehicle. Here's what you're looking for:. If Your battery is low it will not have enough amperage to turn the starter motor back on and that can cause it to stall out and not start after it has turned off. Hope other car owners will benefit from this info. The contact turned the vehicle off and, upon attempting to restart the engine, the "key could not be detected" message appeared. However, this is absolutely and totally unsafe and unacceptable!!! She did not drive it anymore. I was told at the dealership that it had to do with the acceleration pedal position sensor. The manufacturer was informed of the failure but offered no assistance. I ASSUMED IT WAS JUST A COMPUTER GLITCH OR ISSUE, UNTIL NOW AT ABOUT 35K MILES, ON THE SAME TRIP, THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON WITH THE SAME ENGINE POWER REDUCED WARNING CAME ON. The Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com. The contact called moritz chevrolet (9101 camp bowie, dr. West ste. Medical attention was provided. It causes endagermemt for drivers and other traffic. Car has under 60,000 miles on it. The failure mileage was 46,550. Car has always ran a little rough, we were told by chevy there was nothing wrong everything was normal. The car would not start back up. It would happen once in awhile and now more frequently . The failure mileage was approximately 64,000. THERE ARE WIDESPREAD COMPLAINTS ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THIS PROBLEM. So went to auto zone and bought light and went to mechanic shop to have put in. Car goes down to less than 50 miles per hour and is struggling to go must faster while I am on the freeway. While driving in the left most lane of a tollway in stop and go traffic, the car was at a stop and suddenly lost all electrical power. After that the car started again as if nothing had happened. When I put my car in park, it doesn't always recognize it's in park. It's happened on multiple occasions. I purchased my 2017 chevrolet malibu in october of 2017. I will report each incident separately. I have teenage daughters and 2 small boys that I have in my car when this happens and it's very scary and dangerous! I immediately called aaa to tow my vehicle to a repair shop. The shift to park(p) warning light was illuminated. The ssue has never been addressed by the dealership and during the most recent incident august 2018 I took the car in to advise them of this issue in addition to a knocking sound in the rear of the car. I have also attempted to have the car repaired multiple times, within warranty and while out of warranty, by two dealerships. Eventually the car built enough momentum to shift out of 2nd. . The following day, the vehicle was towed back to the dealer where he was informed that the high-pressure fuel pump failed and that the vehicle was not included in nhtsa campaign number: 18v358000 (fuel system, gasoline). Turns out these cars have a steering defect that apparently is not causing a recall, and it is not being acknowledged bu chevy. It's slows down significantly and not safe for a highway if this happens you will wreck or something worse. *ld the consumer stated the vehicle was supposed to be equipped with crash avoidance system. When I reached out to my dealer they said that there was nothing they could do that would guarantee a fix, but they could try three different options, again with no guarantee of a fix. The vehicle was restarted multiple times in order for the vehicle to function properly. When stopped at a stop light an electric motor kicks in for about 30 second and then the engine motor restarts making the car what to jump forward. Pulled up to car wash put car in reverse shifter locked and was unable to move out of reverse. Car has shift to park warning when park is engaged, car wont shut off ,have restart car. Call volume is determined by both the volume setting on your phone and the audio system's volume. WHEN EXITING OFF THE FREEWAY TRAVELING APPROXIMATELY 65 MPH THE BRAKES FAILED TO STOP THE CAR. I just want to vent my frustation with this brand new car. 2007-2009 GMC Chevrolet Sierra Silverado 1500 Service Repair Manual. Was able to put both feet and press as hard as I could to attempt to stop the car. I have a 2017 malibu. While driving vehicle which I had for 2 an half weeks. THE CAR COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN WITH NO WARNING OR WARNING LIGHTS. The brakes locked and the emergency brakes were applied, which resulted in the contact's husband rear-ending another vehicle. November 5, 2020 A month later same exact issue. There is visible damage to the end of the camshaft from the pump freezing and being torn apart by the camshaft as a result. Car has been brought to the dealer 3 times. Describe your legal concern or comment Briefly describe your experience Briefly describe your experience. Engine power reduced. It was headquartered in Port Melbourne, with major industrial operations in the states of South Australia . ( november 2019 ) second time was mid february 2020 I was driving about 40 mph when same thing happened . This should not happen. None of the technicians were able to explain to me why this is and I have spent countless dollars in an effort to have this car looked at. It was very dangerous because it reduced my speed drastically in the middle of traffic! There is something going on with this car and many others. Losing control of the cars speed is a serious safety concern for myself, anyone in the car with me and those driving behind me. Car does not go over 20 mph. A bunch of codes came up. There were no warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was taken to autonation (500 washington boulevard, laurel, md 20707, (866) 525-2985), but was not diagnosed or repaired. My car is cutting the power to the engine at random times. The failure mileage was unknown. I pulled over to the emergency lane on the expressway and shut down my vehicle. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The manufacturer was not informed of the failure. Worst part is cause expensive property damage to interior of vehicle from water leaking in.
Dundalk Shooting Last Night, Mike Fleming Obituary, Beau Of The Fifth Column Biography, Articles OTHER