Killers can plan all the details and alibis well ahead of the murder while cops must come up with hard evidence, even just to make an arrest. I comment on these forums because they are the only places offering the opportunity to, hopefully, bring awareness to those whore unfamiliar with this case and her unfair plight. If Patricia drove it back from the murder scene after she shot Joann and then beat her to death, luminal would have lit up the interior. When Joann Katrinak and the baby didn't show up for a planned afternoon of Christmas shopping on Dec. 15, Katrinak called the police. The fact that there was a broken fingernail with skin attached to it found on her clothingand wasnt Patricias. And this was never disclosed to Rorrers Defence. Oh wait, sorry, you werent there. THESE COPS ARE WRONG AND THEY ALL SHOULD BE IN JAIL FOR WHAT THEY DID TO PATRICA, PUTTING HER AWAY FOR LIFE FOR SOMETHING SHE DID NOT DO. They blocked each exit to make sure police couldn't extradite Rorrer before they saw her. All my comments have been vetted and approved by this sites organisers so how do you see yourself as the judge of whats acceptable or not? Unfortunately for Joanne this psycho took it badly. DNA testing revealed the blood came from either Joann or her son. No way for 4 months, that deceased baby would still be resting across the mothers chest. She killed Joann, had a fair and impartial trial, so its time to get over it. What evidence is there she actually left the state? The district attorney's office dismissed as offensiveNeely's implications on the evidence, according to the newspaper's report. Probably by the jeans and the boots. Stop defending her when she is guilty!!!!! The authorities charged her with two counts of murder. And remnants of what look like a baby rested on the mother. Under supervision of a doctor, 39 hair specimens were removed, recorded and logged. Have you read the book? He had an attractive new wife and beautiful baby boy. However, my curiosity is piqued as to why Andrews mother didnt report the missing daughter in law, Joanne and her own grandson Alex! If Patricia had injuries it wouldve only been to her hands and she wasnt questioned right away which is also the reason she took Joanne elsewhere to kill her so her body wouldnt be found for a while and she would have time to return home. Tiffany, it is amazing you have all the answers to these murders! The fact that previous boyfriends noted her obsession with Andrew is very, very telling. 10:02, 3 Mar 2023; Updated 10:31, 3 Mar 2023; Controversial influencer Andrew Tate's medical . They had 7 children: Eleanor Dorothy Thornberg (born Katrinak) and 6 other children. However, Romanian officials have refused the request, saying he can be attended to in Romania. Rorrer waived her extradition rights late Tuesday afternoon. They broke up in 1993. Another point is the theory developed by the cops that the victim (Joann) was shot just one time and then bludgeoned to death. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? They depict scenes which are pure speculation or exaggeration or present scenes, which in fact were only theories mentioned at her trial. View Andrew Katrinak's record in Drake, CO including current phone number, address, relatives, background check report, and property record with Whitepages. Phone records confirmed Patricia placed the earlier call from North Carolina, not Pennsylvania. The 36-year-old former kickboxer and his brother have been jailed in . This isn't Rorrer's first brush with the law. A Patent Pending People Search Process. He lived in 1928, at address, Connecticut. Prosecutors offered Patricia a plea deal that would take the death penalty off the table, but she declined. Andrew Tate and his brother detained by Romanian Police. Curiously after this latest test, the 39 hairs removed only 34 were accounted for what became of the absent 4 hairs? And dance instructor William Jarrett couldnt remember whether she attended his dance class at the club the night of Joanns disappearance. Go watch the Reasonable Doubt episode from last night Patricia did it. She killed a mother and child and now has all of you eating out of the palm of her hand about how mistreated she has been. No other suspect has existed that would have a motive to kill Joann. ``Some people just don't know how to let go,' Hege said. ): They boast glorious ocean views, but swathes of homes along America's coastlines are at risk of tumbling off CLIFFS due to erosion, rising sea levels and extreme weather events, Are YOU guilty of these gym sins? Disclaimer: PeekYou is not a consumer reporting agency per the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Forensic tests suggested the hair found in the car and at the murder scene came from Patricia. Youre right about my comments on other sites, but those seem to have an abundance of hate-mongers who feel no need to mince their words hence my retorts to those. Phone records dont lie.) His defenders claimed that the confession was coerced, the video was grainy/unclear or doctored and the witness was confused and/or unreliable. Or the fact the one of those officers heard her make this statement at the time of her arrest and not the other. Prior to his incarceration, Mr Tates had a medical consultation in Dubai about a serious health condition, his team said. As for the idiots who didnt think Ms. Rorrer guilty of anything more sordid than having zero taste, the simple fact(s) are that: 1) what they claim about such testing (as was done to the hair) wasexcuse me, IS wrong both due to the follow-up AFTER the mDNA test results were made only proved more concretely that Ms. Rorrer WAS the person the hair came from, 2) the inanity about thinking Andy had something to do with it (the simple fact that ALL investigations START by checking the closest, most immediate relative, i.e, a spouse), was after his being thoroughly vouched, to NOT be in ANY way involved, 3) since this case, forensic science has only improved by huge leaps, and that no one including the courts or the Innocence Project will get involved should make it VERY clear, this case is CLOSED. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Advance Local. As to her duration on death row, no: inference cannot be made as to her guilt as theres a woman with about the same time (Holberg) and another with almost as much. And finally, your supercilious comment about Speculative lies Ive perused my previous comments and at no point do I see those words! I am reliably informed they took SIX hours, not TWO as stated in my comment. I also communicated with Patricia via email to get her input on some matters. They also found a photo of Patricia taken 11 days before the homicide. By. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. This was a horrible and brutal double murder and whoever did it needs to be locked up forever. Wow. Every type of cut, bruise etc would heal perfectly in that time. She returned to North Carolina in 1991. That phone call came in on December 7, 1994. I noticed that her defense lawyer and others advocating for her is not mentioning more about the gun. Not everything is a conspiracy. The difference was made by the investigation, Interpol has some good detectives who do not play with peoples freedom and who do not use American techniques such as pictures, lets compare hair color after pictures bullshit, not even with the performance of todays cameras such a thing is not allowed, the issue of dismantling the alibi only with indirect evidence, like that her name was not in the notebook, a European court would withdrew it immediately, you cant go with a thing like this, its called inconclusive proof, even the fact that one of the witnesses said that the business was not opened where she said it was that day, its inconclusive, the accused can say that he/she forgot, was there and left, and his alibi I dont know how it was verified, but what should been verified first were the contacts between him and her, if he contacted her before that, if she had been contacted from public phone for example before the murder, how many times, when etc, if he was near the places where she was until the murder, things like that. No way they laid there for 4 months!!!! There is way too much doubt in this case for my comfort. Have you watched any of the documentaries Ive mentioned? Acquaintances said Rorrer started dating Brian Ward, 34, in 1995. My biggest issue is the day the phone call came in, and the fact that the prosecutor deliberately misrepresented the facts. Justice is about uncovering the truth. Rorrers filed multiple appeals over issues you raise, the latest recently and rejected. What will the next pandemic be? This FBI report, of the hairs being unable to yield a DNA result because of the absent root material, was never revealed to Rorrers defence. Prosecutor pounds away. This woman was not innocent, but she is very good at manipulating people into feeling sorry for her. As for the words exchanged on the call between the two big-haired women, Joann told Andrew that Patricia had used profanity; Patricia said it was the other way around. Meanwhile, the case of the missing mother and baby turned into colossal news across the U.S. and internationally. Omg so well put! They retested hair from the car in 2008 with updated new technology. There was a blood-stained fingernail and hair found on the victims body, and even though (in Keith Morrisons Dateline documentary) the Asst. (A good point. Plus, two men, her babys father and his friend, testified they saw Patricia at the line-dancing club the night of the homicide. But then again I havent actually SEEN the evidence. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. He said she did own a firearm, with its serial numbers filed off. Any true crime fan should know the crazy history of these magic boxes. Its never been made clear. Its nothing short of a feeble stab hoping to impress but really amounts to splitting hairs, or to put it another way, hot air with no substance. She had a history of violence over men, and she had access to the dump site from frequent visits. Police said the couple moved in together and had a 1-year-old baby daughter. Why not question some of this evidence? The evidence is overwhelming of her guilt. Discuss and express opinion; stop short of asserting that those of the other view (that of judge and jury, at least) are ignorant of facts and wrong, and youre right, because by definition its reasonable for lay people to accept the jury verdict. Did Patricia have the dyed blond hair when they broke up in 1993? Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? Prince Andrew has offered to manage some of the prestigious Royal estates as part of his negotiations to leave his Royal mansion, Royal insiders have claimed that the King said 'there is no chance' of Andrew being allowed to manage the Royal estates, The Duke of York had offered to take over the management of Balmoral Castle - his late mother's beloved summer residence. Kurt Bresswein may be reached at [email protected]. As Prince Harry says he felt like the film 'the boy in the bubble' before having therapy, who was 12-year-old David Vetter whose tragic story inspired the documentary? Police obtained samples of her blood and hair, and a microscopic examination revealed similarities to hair found at the crime scene. But the bodies weren't found until April, when a farmer glimpsed a blue baby blanket in a forest 15 miles from Catasauqua. He retired as a general foreman at Bethlehem Steel in 1981 after 30 years of employment. And I can back up that claim by the fact I have read, watched and listened to all there is to know about this case. Dance defense. Katrinak, Andrew J. Andrew Joseph Katrinak, 88, of Bethlehem, died on Wednesday, January 21, 2015 at Blough Healthcare Center in Bethlehem. From what Ive seen its pretty obvious Patricia did do that to this poor woman and the baby. Over the years, she has been charged with breaking and entering, intoxication, cruelty to animals and larceny in Davidson, Randolph, Gaston, Anson and Forsyth counties, said Detective Lt. Tony Roberson of the Davidson County Sheriff's Department. At 10:30 p.m., Andrew reported his wife missing. Have you read the book? Watch Wrong Man season 2, and then come back and make comment. Suzanne Pearson fabricated quotes from Patricia including her claim that Patricia said, Im going to the electric chair upon her arrest because a conviction would boost Pearsons career. How do you explain her not telling the truth to the authorities about the gun and its flaw of only able to shoot once and then jamming up. And for you to even ask why documentaries are biased, makes me wonder if you have the ability to determine fact from fiction! Its patently clear you are another of those who knows too little about this case. The Free Patricia Rorrer page points to a sliver of a fingernail found at the murder site that didnt come from either Patricia or Joann. She didnt need to have owned all the guns she ever used, nor to have owned the gun she in fact used. What definition? Combination locks. She would also have no heart when it comes to children, not even her own. Yet, you have a story like Darlie Rutier who supposedly stabbed herself seriously enough that was centimeters from her carotid artery, yet this woman is in prison still? The fact that her jeans were unbuttoned and unzipped. . If you look at the crime scene picture, only parts of the mother seem preserved. Police believe Rorrer abducted and killed her ex-boyfriend's wife and infant son in Pennsylvania. After a very early failed marriage, the 24-year-old Joann scored a new husband in Andrew Katrinak, 38, whom she met at a club. Arkansas (1) Colorado (4) Connecticut (1) Pennsylvania (2) Virginia (2) Refine Your Search Results. Pat had a string of bad relationships in her past and was not happy. She just stayed in touch with everybody, Kathy Barber said in her interview on NBCs Murder in Lehigh Valley: Keith Morrison Reports in 2017. I think Patricias defenders are implying the hair came from some unknown person. Patricia Rorrer was a cold woman. Despite the new evidence and hypotheses, the courts have rejected all of Patricias bids for a new trial. Any subsequent proof emerging and then revealed in a book or documentary is surely something that should be taken seriously and investigated if necessary. (even though hes married and has a baby) Who does that?!! She took out the woman who replaced her. She has no means to reply or rebut this outrageous slurs and these forums are the only way I know where people may become aware of the wrongful conviction of innocent person and equally, those who happily believe all the adverse and damaging comments. Traupman claimed that when he reported the dispute, trooper Robert V. Egan III got mad and practically kicked him out of his office. Do you realize that Patricia was only found and arrested more than six months after the murder? It might have said no root but could have been wrong. Your comment could not be farther than the truth! Ive scanned through of all my remarks on this site and nowhere have a seen a single remark that confirms your assertion that Ive been insulting. And the point the hair in her hand wasnt tested was because they didnt need it since they had the killer shame on everyone who went along with that. They retested the hair for DNA evidence with updated technology definitely Patricias hair case closed. All the sources said the same thing either exposure or suffocation, but no certainty about which one. He had worked as a semi-pro boxer in Las Vegas in his youth and later settled into his own construction business. I can only suggest you read through my comments again, only more thoroughly. ``I told her I would see that her horses was tended to.'. . Her jealousy and rage because Joann told her to not contact her husband set her off. An intensive search was launched, and family members distributed hundreds of missing-person flyers around Pennsylvania. But otherwise, extremely similar, a single bullet fired into the head, the woman later beaten to make sure she died, the hair, which had remained in the bracelet of our victim in this case, the way it was executed outside the house in a wooded area, at the command of the gentleman who did not want to soil his house, and the child who in our case was abandoned in the car. Most of all, Patricia said, she would like a rematch with prosecutor Michael McIntyre. Her diary certainly indicates some disturbed thinking. So where they alive somewhere, and if so how could of Patricia, who was questioned, with not one mark on her kill them? She was also accused of breaking into barns, stealing horses, and underfeeding the ones she owned. The article also notes that most inmates earn around 19 cent an hour at their jobs and must pay $5 each time they need medical attention or medicine. Hege said Rorrer's baby is with her mother, Patricia Chambers of Lexington. Testimony from Walter Blalock contradicted Patricias claim that she never had a gun. Microconidia DNA, as long as the strand is one inch long they can pull the DNA from that. The real killer is Rorrer! Aside from the hair, there was almost zero forensic evidence. I fail to see exactly why someone cant have an opinion which he/she sees as fact. I thought the justice system in my state and the people were narrow-minded and corrupt. Court records show she is incarcerated in the Lehigh County Jail. And your contention that you (me) as ONE person are wrong, let me say that while you seem to be determined in singling me out as someone whos opinion is one against the rest, is hopelessly exaggerated. I believe this woman murdered Joann and Alex. Prince Andrew has offered to run some of the prestigious Royal estates as part of his negotiations to leave his Royal mansion - with King Charles reportedly telling him 'there is no chance of that happening'. Or did they? Joanns gun and beating wounds were obvious, but the baby died a less violent (but just as horrible) death with no clear signs. Im quite happy to accept that ANYONE who makes a TV documentary makes it for money. Although the prosecution used it as evidence that she was trying to create a false alibi, it actually sounded more like Patricia was simply trying to nail down the facts he had already asserted to her. Prosecution leader McIntyre, when interviewed, laughingly dismissed him as a nut in an effort to trivialise Traupmans input. Angry that Joann hung up on her, she stalked her for three days, then broke into her basement and cut the phone line, put a gun to Joanns head as she was placing Alex in the car, and forced her to drive to the rural area. Katrinak said he is waiting to hear from his 26-year-old wife,. According to a Morning Call account from March 5, 1998: McIntyre leaned forward conspiratorially like someone trying to persuade another to tell a secret, lowered his voice and said: Heres what I want to know: After you killed Joann Katrinak, did you kill that baby or just leave it to die?. Other family members and associates include Paige Keenan . Catherine are you sure your names not Karen? She was bubbly and likable, not disgruntled, according to friend Kathy Barber, who visited her friend in jail. Looking at the pictures of the scene, after 4 months of the bodies being there allegedly, they were untouched? Stevie J Further to my previous comment, I should add the following. Farm Heroes Saga, the #4 Game on iTunes. Why would somebody tell you, theyre going to fry me, if they didnt do it? Jarrett told Wrong Man. Both sides agree Joann hung up on Patricia. Patricia defaulted on her mortgage and then returned to North Carolina, where she eventually moved in with a boyfriend named Brian Ward. On closer inspection, he saw it was the body of a woman. Andrew told investigators that the unpleasant phone call between Joann and Patricia happened just three days before his wifes disappearance. Great communicator. For one thing, her mother never asked Sandra Ireland to hide the gun, and she retrieved it on the way home the next day she worked as a bus driver and couldnt take it with her to school. Murder in Lehigh Valley: Keith Morrison Reports, The Lindbergh Kidnapping: Forensic Files Lost Episode, Dawn Fehring: A Missionary Dies Too Young, Joanne Chambers and Paula Nawrocki: Strange Lesson. If they were unable to get a DNA reading the first time, why the need for a second examination? Its sad that some people just cant move on and continue to feel that what they want is going to be THEIRS regardless. Browse Locations. And Patricia did live in another state. Andrew Katrinak said he found his basement door ajar and removed from its hinges, and a phone line had been cut. At one point Interpol had an extremely similar case in which an individual convinced a friend, who had been his sexual partner several times in the past, to kill the woman he had a baby with, on the grounds that the child is not his and he does not love her but cannot leave because everyone would accuse him of abandoning his child and his family name would be affected. She was the one that left Andy! At 4 a.m. Wednesday morning, several dozen of Rorrer's relatives and friends surrounded the courthouse, said Capt. According to a police affidavit, Rorrer called the Katrinak house in mid-December 1994. Im a hunter and in the spring I have found many dead deer that died from starvation or other reasons and the bodies are untouched. So you see, MY STATE OF MIND is based on factual information. THE COPS SET HER UP. ``They did the technical stuff, DNA testing and all that, and we did the grunt police work,' Hege said. If I knew I was going to get caught, I never would have brought you into this world, the arresting officers testified they heard her say to Nicole. Andrew has not demanded this. Why? Byrd Jr. of the Davidson County Sheriff's Department. Someone had shot Joann in the face with a .22-caliber pistol, then beaten her about the head hitting her 19 times in all with a blunt object. Im trying to understand exactly your reasoning asking me staying away from this site because of my insulting remarks! And the obvious answer is Ill tell you why (which really is common knowledge). And then in their zealous efforts to show their ire, feel the need to suggest anyone who supports her is deluded.. Another inaccuracy in this is, they state the jury took SIX HOURS to return a verdict, when in fact it took less than TWO HOURS. Rorrer's ex-boyfriend, Andrew Katrinak, was the husband of Joann Katrinak and Alex's father. The obvious, if moot, response to this is to observe that her conviction wasnt based on inaccurate documentaries but on trial. Andrew currently pays a reported 250-a-week for a state-subsidised 30-room mansion complete with 98 acres of land and a swimming pool - and is not keen to leave it after 20 years. The phone wire was located at the opposite end of the basement, which was dark. Theyre more than happy to exaggerate and speculate the details of the crime, which serves to attract more viewers who (like you) seem to be happy to believe it all. (Media sources vary as to whether she actually worked at the stable or just rented a stall there for her own horse.). And when Patricia was taken into custody where they removed 39 hairs with root, and then all of a sudden after the FBI report say that the hair tested had NO ROOT ATTACHED, the hair tested had a root? Nope. Claps! Joanne and Alex didnt disappear until 12/15. Whether or not one believes said person has a motive, did investigators have an actual factual case or not? Hoist by your own petard. On Instagram, I found a post for a two-part Win at All Costs podcast featuring journalism professor Bill Mousheys interviews with Patricia Rorrer from prison in December 2019. For the past two years, Patricia Lynne Rorrer was a watched woman. Another thing that stumps me is Joannes supposed good friend who said that Joanne told her she was leaving Andrew. She only spoke on the phone with him a couple of times a year; when she called that last time, she didnt even know if Andys child was a boy or a girl, and the baby was almost 4 months old. Joanns first husband, New Jersey construction worker Michael Jack, who had reportedly abused her during their marriage, also had a solid alibi. Instead, she took the girl to Myers' stables just about every day. Beautifully said Cliff! The police report misspells his name (Troutman) and doesnt include his address, suggesting authorities didnt want anyone to track him down, according to Patricias side. Perhaps she used more than one gun using another/others for the target shooting than the one she killed with (and others shot with her?) At 17, Patricia dropped out of high school and married landscaper Gary Gabard. All of them returned without a DNA analysis because they contained no root material. A man normally wouldnt care about killing a child, but a woman normally would have some kind of abhorrence to harming an innocent child. Pal stays true. Am I missing something? From my point of view this is an extremely similar case, with less class and style, and without the luxurious details that Interpols case had, such as the involvement of an extremely expensive Alfa Romeo car, and a revolver bought at a lush auction in Paris, which had belonged to a duke before the incident. ", The much-faster-than-expected economic recovery thats followed the easing of the coronavirus pandemic has produced several encouraging develo. Andrew married Mary A Katrinak (born Ondek). She had a suitcase packed, Devine said. Pennsylvania troopers will take her to Bethlehem, Pa., today. They lived together in Salisbury Township, Pa., for about two years, but they broke up in 1989. Andrew J Katrinak, 68. But investigators conceded they had no solid evidence against Andrew. MY STATE OF MIND is based on factual information. So would judge and jury say. If you so dearly feel the need to occupy the high ground in debate or an argument, have the decency to quote accurately. The Worldwide Womens Criminal Justice Networks website also points to a bombshell: In 2015, the Justice Department acknowledged that most of the team members from an FBI microscopic hair comparison unit gave prosecutors flawed data from 1980 to 2000 that could have unjustly contributed to a number convictions including Patricia Rorrers. KOREAN WAR Son of Martin & Theresa (Novotney) Katrinak and husband to Veronica B. SHE IS NOT GUILTY OF THESE CRIMES. After researching this case more thoroughly, I stand corrected about the time it took the jury to return a verdict. I would think if she would have an passed they definitely wouldve started looking somewhere else but there was just too much evidence against her anyway so.. and with forensics the way they are today. If not, how could Andrew have obtained samples of Patricias hair if they apparently didnt meet up in person after Andrews marriage? She will be in jail for the rest of her life and rightly so. Trash-talking ex. Myers knew little about Rorrer's troubles. This information was never revealed to Rorrers defence. Now, there are suggestions the family's solution to Andrew potentially losing his home could be to move him into the 'nest egg' Fergie purchased as an investment for their daughters, Princess Beatrice, 34, and Princess Eugenie, 32. I was so excited that I called everyone, and Joanne picked up the phone and she said Andy is married, and I said I know, then she said we have a baby, and I said yea I know, then she said dont ever call here again.
Sprained Wrist Still Hurts After 6 Weeks, Detroit Mercy 7 Year Dental Program Acceptance Rate, Articles A