Moderators:FeliciaMC88, UFo Race Championship. Has gone 1.29 60 ft on spray, has 28 10.5 et street tires on it also. Maybe if Billy would be more specific about how he made his stock setup work we could learn even more. It also doe, Fighting Fungal Diseases on Plants - Exploring the Use of Copper, Daconil & Copper Fungicides, The use of copper to fight plant diseases is an intriguing concept that has been around for some time. Wheels. Now you have to compensate with spring change. Posted October 3, 2005. The front end takes time and effort to get the bump steer and caster gain within a tolerable amount, you have to move the upper and lower control arm mounts, cut the left side lower control arm, use special length ball joints, etc, etc. Since the spring promotes rebound and resists compression as inherent properties, then the shock rate of compression control must be less than the rate of rebound control. The idea is to steer the car using different height holes for the rear control arm mounts. The steering system in your car must be evaluated and any negative characteristics must be eliminated. Lowering the rear RC and softening the RR spring will help solve the problem. I ran a metric street stock at HMP for a number of years and was definitely not at a disadvantage. Although Im sure youre backing up your corner and lifting early, it can still wear the right front because the tendency is to lift as late as possible which can cause a faster corner entry than you might realize, causing the RF to heat up. There are ways to do that without changing the handling at other points around the racetrack. Love it when people explain why somethings done rather than just saying this is how its done., Thank you Jeff! Thanks g dirt i will try that.im not totaly done with car yet just try to get ideas thanks, you are real close to what guys are running, but g is right, scale the car, i run leaf springs or i would tell you what i was running. Yes, outright violations are penalized, but creative interpretations or improvements in area that have no specific rule usually get the Don't bring that backnext week penalty. Caster is best described as a vertical line that runs through the 2 pivot points in your car or trucks suspension. The car is loose mid to exit with not foward drive. . I ran a street stock/sportsman from 1995 to 2000 with a metric frame. On a three-link rear suspension you should have the front of your right-side control arm higher than the rear mount by 1/3 of the total amount it will travel in the turns. The moment center must be located correctly for your type of racing and the cambers must be set, again toward your setup style and track conditions. I will post as I no longer race, the biggest thing is the angle of the upper and lower control arms in the rear, you need to understand roll center and instant center to be able to adjust it correctly. With all the negative BS that tends to permiate these boards these days, I thought maybe we could talk about something real and constructive. also get to the scales whenever you can. The number one reason a car will be tight and not want to turn is because the front end is not designed properly. LIT-721 80293NDP 2009-2015 Cadillac CTS-V HE. 10702FMI FRAME & CAGE - FAB IMPALA MOD. It costs just as much money, if not more, to run poorly, so you might as well learn to run well. If the car feels loose on corner entry, lower the left track bar. We were allowed weight jacks and after market uppers in front also. Afco Racing Products. Mod Four Tech. 35809 FABRICATED IMPALA FRAME. The overall general rule is that the angles between the driveshaft and both the pinion shaft and the transmission output shaft need to be equal and in opposite directions. competition. I think if I had the opportunity I could make the 4-link work on asphalt using a similar set-up that I used on dirt. 9. You refering to dirt track racing correct? Try one or two click on each spring perch shown above to raise the cross weight. Full of fuel, everything done, full of oil, lead bolted down. Setup Changes For The Metric four-link Even if we can lower the rear RC to around 13 inches, that's still a high rear RC. Ive raise the center section of the chassis where the the upper mounts attach by 3". We have been softening those setups over the years, but never intended to go to coil bind or bump rubbers. A set up plan will help you to build a race winning effort. Less fuel equals faster speeds. This setup guide also has new information based on the changes that go along with the new version of the sim. Additionally, modern pennies are only 2.5% copper, so older pennies should be used instead for better results. It's the average height of the instant centers that determine the roll center height. The surest way to get disqualified is to bolt an illegal part onto your car. However, tie down shocks are becoming less and less desirable. Welcome to STLRacing.com, home of St. Louis Motor Racing News. ford 9' rear end w/disc brakes, stocks, springs, gauges just add motor and transmission and go racing. Just about all the available setup options that you can adjust on a real WC car can be adjusted in the sim. Here are what we consider to be the 10 most important areas of chassis setup with No. To add weight to a given corner, raise the ride height at that corner or lower the ride height at an adjacent corner. I was just trying to help a guy asking about what is done to the chassis. These cars were meant to ride down the road nice not be fast on dirt, so you have to redo all of the mounts, change the length of the trailing arms, use hiems and/or rubber bushings or even spring loaded trailing arms to build traction. With setups that use a very stiff right rear spring, the angle of the right trailing arm will need to be less than when using a conventional softer spring because that corner will move less. Port City Racecars Road Race Chassis is a purpose-built racing machine. SmartPad BP-30 is a race only pad for heavy braking on dirt, and intermediate needs on asphalt. Contact Us. Join OSR Voice/Text Chat. Antisquat is detrimental to corner entry. Stock Car Racing, NASCAR, Late Model, Sooner Speedway, Frost Racing Team, Race Links, Chevy Monte Carlo . I'd think that without them you'd at the very least need to allow some sort of spring adjuster. In order to slow you must lose (kinetic) energy. We have done a lot with the front roll center and cant wait to see how it does, after that, i found some legal stuff for the rear that we will try. Refer to the images below. Add to Cart. We can run different sized lowering blocks, but that is not the same as a weight jack from a "quick adjustment" perspective. Load the setup in the iRacing simulation under Garage - My Setups. Reply #9 - 05/01/09 at 8:00pm. The RC height will move with vertical movement of the rear of the car. Forum Actions: Forum Statistics: Threads: 4; Posts: 10; Last Post: I-44 Speedway-Jeg's Master of. 4. That's one thing I've really never understood about some street stock classes that don't allow weight jacks. In an effort to clear up some of the confusion over all the setup options included within NASCAR Racing, I decided to put this guide together to help you better understand what, why, & how adjustments are made in the sim. I know enough about suspension geometry and how to achieve it, but what i have been playing with now is CG and where it works best. You need to keep the ride heights as close as possible to where they were before you started. These cars just take a little longer to get them set-up compared to the camaros, but there are alot more adjustment points to help you get and stay fast. Most of the time when some ask the question they are at that point and just don't know it. That troubles me. Our second design in our dirt chassis line this IMCA legal metric clip car designed in 2006 was already proving itself to be a successful chassis. Stock cars using the metric-style four-link rear suspension usually need to do this just to achieve a balanced setup with the high rear moment centers in those cars. taipei city stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images Greetings guys, Im new to the site. The MC should always be somewhere close to the centerline (i.e., midway between the tire contact patches). I think I'll make a proposal along these lines. Administrator. What do you think Nick? We ran the car with a lot softer set up than that. LIT-722 C7 Z06 Corvette Heat Exchanger 80294NDP. RAceman. IMHO they should be able to remove the two upper rear control arms and replace them with a single, fabricated, adjustable upper control arm (top link). The moment arm is 5.5 inches for the Late Model and is much easier to set up. Furthermore, there is evidence that suggests that plants grown in cement blocks do not suffer from BER (blossom-end rot), which c, Protect Your Garden Against Leaf Issues with Organic Solutions and Preventative Practices, Leaf issues in the garden can be caused by a variety of factors, from pests to environmental conditions. Flat Tracks: On an asphalt car, utilizing slightly stiffer rebound on the left side, while softening the rebound on the right side, will generally enhance the handling of the car. No matter which stiffness you decide to go with, the most important aspect of setup is balance, and you achieve that balance with the correct combination of springs, moment centers, sway bars, and load distribution. I'm thinking about building a B Body for dirt track racing. This force is resisted by the ball joints and control amrs. A level panhard bar ( same mounting height on both sides) means force is vectored laterally to the tires. We had no idea how popular and successful this line of chassis would be. is applied to the front bumper & air dam of the car covering the openings for air flow to the various components that are cooled through Its important to make even adjustments, meaning you should make the same number of clicks on each spring perch. They should be matched up within a couple of degrees of average temperature across the tread. the radiator. Can a 3-link be used effectively without weight jacks? My old car had a stock frame front to back with just the suspension pick-up points changed, it took a lot of trial and error over three years to get a good baseline for most tracks. Off-centered adjusters can be very inconsistent. Setup Tips for Metric on asphalt racecheep. Would it be too much of an advantage to let these guys run a 3-link rear with solid links and panhard bar? Symptoms include bronzing on stems and petioles, curling and drying up of leave, This website uses cookies for functionality, analytics and advertising purposes as described in our. pretty much none of that ++*% matters at stateline, it is mostly driver and survival is the name of the game, get all your angles and roll centers figured out and you will be faster when you make it to the front i have seen dozens of cars that dominate in the stock class at stateline but get squashed at eriez and rw7 however once you get a car fast at either of those tracks then you will be fast everywhere you go. by RonL Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:02 am, Powered by phpBB Forum Software phpBB Limited, Shocks, Springs, Brakes, Frame, Body Work, etc. If we arrange our control arm angles, from a side view, for antidive, then as the car dives the upper BJ would move to the rear and the bottom BJ would move to the front. Officials are trained to find sneaky parts. We can add the stiffer bushings to most of the points, but leave several, one at the top and one at the bottom, as a rubber bushing to absorb the torque created in roll. Most often, these pivot points are the upper and lower ball joints in your double A-arm style suspension system. Over the years I have had lots of feedback that most these concepts and ideas work great on dirt, on front wheel drive mini stocks, on almost any street stock, production typerace car. The fruits of this plant are large and can weigh over one pound. The left side suspension usually is designed with about half the angle of the right side in a conventional design. For many gardeners, it starts with tomatoes. Antisquat results from the third link trying to straighten out, or become more horizontal as the car accelerates and the rear end desires to rotate. 35810 FABRICATED CHEVELLE FRAME. More has to be done to help the rear roll to match the front. This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Race Car Street Stock Set Up help manual book. You must log in or register to reply here. Once you have evaluated all of the above and feel fairly confident that the car is set up correctly, you should then work to tune the transitions into and off of the corners with the shocks. Your close on the springs if the car is 3200. Get any of Steve Smiths street stock books for general knowledge in the essentials of cam/cas, toe out , roll center etc. And your choice of aluminum or steel fenders doors and quarters. LIT-A950700016 80275NDP Ford Mustang Cobra HE. Loss of efficiency can rob power from the drivetrain due to the generation of vibrations and harmonics that are also damaging to the bearings. I was also wondering, are there any tricks you have to make your tires wear slower without damaging speed. Try to understand how aero downforce is created and then configure your car so that you take advantage of every area where you could produce more downforce. Track Tools. There is one IC for the upper links and one for the lower links. The track was a 5/8 mile asphalt and was extremely fast. Always try to start with the track bars first. A trend must prove itself in order to stand the test of time. Unfortunately, most rule books that I have dealt with are very vague. "One bad person can ruin it for everyone and that is just disrespectful", The Both of these are necessary components that will be needed to win championships. Stock chassis that has been: Boxed, second "inner" frame tube added, suspension pickup points doubled and gusseted, rear frame notch (for future, wider tires), cross braces at front, rear shocks, and rear of frame. As a general rule, most asphalt stock cars run around 3.5 to 4.0 front roll center height, although many run lower roll centers than they would like simply because the stock location is very low . So, there is a limit to how much you can get away with and still have a decent corner entry. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Thank you for pointing out the obvious to me . jp. 5. Tire Tools. And I do agree weight jacks don't cost much, sure is alot easier to do the same thing we were doing with hidden couplers and shims . Would a 11 in be better or a 13 in spring in back be better. It just won't work. Ive made the brackets on the rear housing (lowers) longer with trailing arm mounts that have 3 . Vintage/Classic/Historical Engine Tech, 3V Performance Engine & Valve train Development, Race Cars & Parts - For Sale or Wanted, Asphalt circle track metric GM 4-link questions, Re: Asphalt circle track metric GM 4-link questions, https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/r ss.326355/. That energy has to go somewhere, (1st & 2nd law of thermodynamics) so it can either go into tires causing them to heat up lose grip and wear faster, or you can try to take up some of that heat up into the brakes where it will be dissipated on exit and down the straight. Did not get DQ'd but after the race the promoter told him that too many other cars were complaining and he would not be able to run the car in that class. On a metric four-link car, the four control arms determine the rear moment center height too. Over the years I have had lots of feedback that most . One way is to have a rear spring split, where the right rear (RR) spring has less spring rate than the LR spring. There is no one big trick to make your care handle better, rather its all the little things done right that will make you consistently fast. #1. That move took this design to the next level. I drive both a metric (my truck) and a leaf spring car (ss). The upper IC is to the rear of the rearend and the IC for the lower links is well in front of the rearend. "ULTIMATE" Racing Car Chassis Setup Guide and Tutorial. METRIC CROW FOOT Other Items Online Auctions at EquipmentFacts.com. The Camaro's we were running against could have weight jacks and tubular uppers as well so it was pretty even. by RonL Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:36 am, Post var emailHost = "hotmail.com" Conversion to Race Car When we convert a Metric four-link suspension to a racing application, we need to be aware of several important factors. Also has a anti roll bar added to it. Ive read alot of stuff, some of it usefull some of it crazy. Take the RH arm and cut the tube off at the cross shaft, cut 1" off the tube and weld it back onto the cross shaft. Bush i agree with your Eriez/ 7 comment. If the car feels as if it wants to break loose under throttle in the center or on corner exit, or drive off the right rear wheel (wheel spin), increase the cross weight.
Cocomelon Decorations, West Point Special Forces, Lambert Funeral Home Obituaries, Greek Word For Music Lover, Simoniz Sports Field Services, Articles A