What is the purpose of non-series Shimano components? The nature of simulating nature: A Q&A with IBM Quantum researcher Dr. Jamie We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. Workarounds that worked in Grafana 9.1.5: So you might be like me, you never defined a datasource UID in your provisioning file. Add Data Source from grafana, got HTTP Error Bad Gateway error: Import dashboard 315 from: https://grafana.com/dashboards/315 Then check Kubernetes cluster monitoring (via Prometheus), got Templating init failed error: Why? Use that UID across all environments that your dashboards will be shared in. Well occasionally send you account related emails. If you don't specify an id in the dashboard definition, then Grafana assigns one during . Check what is the datasource for the dashboard template variables. You made a cool dashboard, then clicked "Share" and exported to JSON. *. [[email protected] ~]# uname -a In order to use it as a data source for Grafana, specify the minimal required configuration in the provisioning/datasources/datasource.yml file: Remember that we can use environment variables instead of hardcoded values. In the JSON created after the save of my dashboard, I got "datasource": { "type": "datasource", "uid": "grafana" }, , having Prometheus as data source. The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: I'll rename this issue to be about adding support for that. Same issue in Grafana v5.4.2 (commit: d812109). By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Servershould be the preferred way if nothing else stated.Server access mode (Default):All requests will be made from the browser to Grafana backend/server which in turn will forward the requests to the data source and by that circumvent possible Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) requirements. Ex https://github.com/grafana/grafana/blob/master/public/app/plugins/datasource/graphite/plugin.json#L7, I prepared dashboard in Grafana 5.0 which is working properly (all graphs are correctly displayed, datasource is ok). { "error": { "message": "Datasource named ${DS_LOCAL_GRAPHITE} was not found" } }. What video game is Charlie playing in Poker Face S01E07? The text was updated successfully, but these errors were encountered: I think I am getting a similar error. Replacing $(DS_PROMETHEUS) with "Prometheus" and making the name of datasource to "Prometheus" in datasources.yaml worked for me in helm charts. Any update on this? To: 5.0.0-beta2, What OS are you running grafana on? How to deal with the Datasource named ${DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found error:For me, what worked best was to use Import button on the Dashboards Manage screen.If I use that, it asks for the real datasource and replaces in during the import automatically (! I did not want to post to correct server adress. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. Support dashboard variables in dashboard provisioning, dashboard json , 1. The dashboard JSON is as follows: The template variable seems to be updated correctly, as in the following dashboard JSON. This will work as long as you have both your Grafana and Prometheus running as a docker images so before you begin please run the command below to be sure that both prom and Grafana images are up. If you run an older version of Grafana and want to share a dashboard on Grafana.com you need to manually add the inputs and templatize the datasource properties like above. I had the same problem, I didn't know where to get the uid of my data source, so I had to review the request that grafana made to see what information it brought when listing the data sources and I found the valuable UID. So this dashboard is one that we did not do any manual intervention on and has two variables. Recovering from a blunder I made while emailing a professor. In this case I'm seeing a progress bar that says Testing but never completes. Datasource named Prometheus was not found. Thanks to the Grafana provisioning feature, we can use configuration files to set up everything before running the application for the first time. "description": "", I have written small python script to do the workaround for you: If this gets implemented, please make sure the solution supports dashboards with a mix of different datasources. Old datasource referenced: templating init failed datasource named XX not found Grafana templating gquentin December 20, 2017, 11:06am #1 We have made a dashboard, with graphs which was using a datasource named X (influxdb database X) . Therefore, we have to mount our folder to this location in the container: However, starting Grafana now will result in the Datasource named ${DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found error once we try to access the dashboard. Connect Grafana to data sources, apps, and more, with Grafana Alerting, Grafana Incident, and Grafana OnCall, Frontend application observability web SDK, Try out and share prebuilt visualizations, Contribute to technical documentation provided by Grafana Labs, Help build the future of open source observability software Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Below, youll find a short description of used options: Access mode controls how requests to the data source will be handled. Vast majority of metrics is not yet exposed on the graphs, but you can add them on your own Changelog added variable for DS_PROMETHEUS so that json file can be directly added to grafana data directory and solves errors such as Templating init failed Datasource named $ {DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found ` initial release Contact I turned off the firewall on appliance, post that adding http://prometheus:9090 on URL did not throw bad gateway error. Thanks for creating this issue! At the moment of writing this post the issue seems to be still open. For each provisioned datasource, Grafana allows you to specify an explicit UID for the datasource. privacy statement. You need to define an explicit UID for your datasource. By clicking Sign up for GitHub, you agree to our terms of service and Next, we need to mount this configuration to the grafana service. The $ {DS_GRAPHITE} is a variable name from my Grafana configuration and is not recognized by your Grafana server. The dashboard JSON is as follows: docker stop grafana docker rm grafana docker run -d -p 3001:3000 --name=grafana -v grafana-storage:/var/lib/grafana grafana/grafana:8.4.6 I've just tried to apply the workaround mentioned in #11018 but stumbled upon the same issue mentioned in #11018 (comment) - the 'View JSON' export sets the id value to a number which causes Grafana to reject this dashboard when provisioning - it needs to be null (which is set when exporting the dashboard to a file). Fix Invalid CSRF token error add the XSRF-TOKEN header in Angular, To clarify optional configuration for Grafana provisioning, visit the. In another dashboard where I have different data source (namely Azure Monitor) I got the same type and uid. I got the same error and was wondering where is the ${DS_PROMETHEUS} defined. Support dashboard variables in dashboard provisioning, https://github.com/grafana/grafana/blob/master/public/app/plugins/datasource/graphite/plugin.json#L7, Grafana 5 datasource for variables/templating/panels are not assigned, [Feature request] Add dashboard import by environment variable, Failing automatic provisioning of Grafana Dashboards previously exported or coming from grafana.com, fix: datasource not found in dashboard provisioning, nixos/grafana: Allow setting UID for datasource, No automatic import of Grafana dashboards, Incorrect variable when importing Dashboard, https://grafana.com/docs/grafana/latest/administration/provisioning/#example-data-source-config-file, Grafana dashboard maintenance/authoring (epic), Add hard coded job name to work with dashboard provisioning, Add dashboard variables to customize beacon/validator job name, Add dashboard variables to customize beacon/validator job name (, Failed to upgrade legacy queries Datasource ${DS_PROMETHEUS} was not found. Grafana v7.5.3 (3e3cf4d) Follow the workaround, and find-and-replace all UIDs to be a null-string. Therefore, some data may be missing from the view over time: In addition to creating a custom dashboard, you can try to find a newer community dashboard: As a result, you will have a more up-to-date dashboard configuration that wont skip data: Thanks for this document, help me a lot to understood how deploy datasources and dashboards in my case from puppet! Problem is that I get the error message: This happens with all the dashboards I have imported. How to reproduce it (as minimally and precisely as possible): Unclear. It's an issue in 8.5.1 (Enterprise) as well. Another alternative is to open the json file in a a text editor and update the data source properties to value that matches a name of your data source. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled. @onemanstartup Dashboards attached to the datasource show up in that tab. Then you need to look in dashboard -> settings -> versions and look for a version before the upgrade. We are able to generate the snapshot for a given panel using snapshotapi and while rendering the snapshot url in an iframe, we are getting "Template init failed Datasource named x was not found. Then I exported it to .json file and added, with changed name, to 'provisioning/dashboards' directory. This is mainly a test of hdfs + nn + zk + jn in k8s: Upload an updated version of an exported dashboard.json file from Grafana. Staging Ground Beta 1 Recap, and Reviewers needed for Beta 2, Posting graphite events to Hosted Graphite, Using Graphite/Grafana for non time based data, Grafana HTTP Error Bad Gateway and Templating init failed errors, Simple percentage in Grafana using graphite, cassandra cluster monitoring using graphite -grafana. Seems like the "__inputs": [] are removed and I also get the issue of: Same here with an InfluxDB datasource : all JSON exported datasources are prefixed with DS, making export/import from one environment to the other fail, Same here with Grafana 4.4.3 and Graphite data source: I would like to see it if possible. , You can search for all the uid in the JSON file. Dashboard imported without filling template variables and when access those dashboards I see error. Consequently, we need to create the dashboard.yml file in the same folder to make Grafana use our JVM dashboard config: Below youll find a short description of used options: In the dashboard.yml file we specified the /etc/grafana/provisioning/dashboards as the path used by our Default provider. amaizing! Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. @nirorman Thank you about the answer, it works! How do I align things in the following tabular environment? Browse other questions tagged, Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide.
Body Found In Apache Junction, Used Class C Motorhomes For Sale In Pa Craigslist, Tribute To My Husband In Heaven, Houska Castle Pit Exploration, Articles G