If you hover over that element, you wont get a title display. What is a word for the arcane equivalent of a monastery? Sole CSS can do that: img [title],img:hover [title] { opacity:0; /* both work, take what you prefer */ display:none; } Share Improve this answer Follow answered Mar 4, 2021 at 19:58 Daiaiai 101 1 Hi, This removes the actual image itself on hover, not the title Harriet N Mar 8, 2021 at 9:22 This title hover is standard browser behavior and there appears to be no way to turn it off. How can I vertically center a div element for all browsers using CSS? Staging Ground Beta 1 Recap, and Reviewers needed for Beta 2. Using left, we can push the element so far off the screen that theres no way it will ever be seen. How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability. Another idea (much less elegant than what you're looking for, but gets the job done): You could change the behavior of jQuery Mobile. Safari shows the tooltip by using the parent. How can I transition height: 0; to height: auto; using CSS? Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. It removes whatever element you attach it to completely. The easiest method of hiding an element is to remove it entirely. Take a look at How to change the style of Title attribute inside the anchor tag?. Is it possible to shut off the tooltip of an a-tag? Some page builders and themes automatically add title to each image. How do I connect these two faces together? the OP only said that something like the jquery script HE/SHE included wouldn't work.

General

Learn how to display an element on hover. How do I reduce the opacity of an element's background using CSS? // Get the current title Initially, all existing images have a title attribute but when the page is load, it will delete automatically by the jQuery removeAttr () method. Why is there a voltage on my HDMI and coaxial cables? The HTML title attribute use with any HTML elements like an anchor, paragraph and almost all the tags.. HTML title attribute example of anchor tag. The adjacent sibling selector is used to select the element that is adjacent or next to the specified selector tag. What is the !! Not the answer you're looking for? Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Why does my JavaScript code receive a "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource" error, while Postman does not? Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Get certifiedby completinga course today! Might be a little late, but it'll help others who have the same problem and come across this question while searching. You would have to use JavaScript to strip the title attribute. What is the correct way to screw wall and ceiling drywalls? About an argument in Famine, Affluence and Morality. Using utilities to style elements on hover, focus, and more. Pushing an element off-screen with absolute positioning is another way developers often hide things. We also need to add the :after (or :before) pseudo-element, which contains the attributes value using attr(). RegEx match open tags except XHTML self-contained tags. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. You can move it to image data and back. I love this technique because its easy to build different design tooltips with arrows on different links or HTML elements. $ ('img').hover ( function () { $ (this).data ('originalTitle',$ (this).title ()); $ (this).removeAttr ('title'); }, function () { $ (this).attr ('title',$ (this).data ('originalTitle'); }); In the above I've chosen to move the attribute, and then replace it on mouse-out. visibility:hidden means that unlike display:none, the tag is not visible, but space is allocated for it on the page. About an argument in Famine, Affluence and Morality. I honestly just dont know how useful title is for screen readers, but its certainly going to be nuanced. The display:none property does just that. Can I hide the HTML5 number inputs spin box? Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. Is it possible to apply CSS to half of a character? To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. My code is GPL licensed, can I issue a license to have my code be distributed in a specific MIT licensed project? Do I need a thermal expansion tank if I already have a pressure tank? Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! If you want to report an error, or if you want to make a suggestion, do not hesitate to send us an e-mail: I am shown when someone hovers over the div above. $ ('img').hover ( function () { $ (this).data ('originalTitle',$ (this).title ()); $ (this).removeAttr ('title'); }, function () { $ (this).attr ('title',$ (this).data ('originalTitle'); }); In the above I've chosen to move the attribute, and then replace it on mouse-out. This combinator selects only one tag that is next to the specified tag. Pushing an element off-screen with absolute positioning is another way developers often hide things. Thank you for your solution! You can wrap your inner text in a span and give that an empty title attribute. Ill accept your answer for the given context, @Tabulate great! Do roots of these polynomials approach the negative of the Euler-Mascheroni constant? Do I need a thermal expansion tank if I already have a pressure tank? < a href="#" class="tooltip">Link < span >CSS tooltip showing up when your mouse over the link Add CSS Why does HTML think chucknorris is a color? The easiest method of hiding an element is to remove it entirely.

Some more general text.

Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. The