Hi, welcome to bicycles! In this video i discuss the purchase of a fake shimano acera rear mech from a seller on ebay. I bought a pair of Shimano brifters from eBay, brand new. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? Weve noticed youre using an ad blocker. I agree that 901 and 701 chains are both stamped only on one side, and probably the 105 version as well. Only Park Tool CC-4 and Shimano TL-CN40, TL-CN41 and TL-CN42 measure the correct thing: We are using the KMC Digital chain checker. The company also produces golf and snowboarding equipment. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. It has a commitment to promote health and happiness in the world through its products. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. It's great that we got to see a side-by-side comparison of the legit and fake chains. It is difficult and there are small margins. And wow, even I'm impressed the fake chain survived that 100km ride! How can I explain to my manager that a project he wishes to undertake cannot be performed by the team? @Reid Maybe, depending on your requirements and worries. Ask yourself: how reputable is the source? By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Learn how to pick your next hub. (In the Recumbent Bible this reads "lay down *on* your bike for Aww Chuck, you poor thing,, youstill have a long way to go on your journey. Should I put my dog down to help the homeless? The bearings were also not that smooth, but not being able to clip in rendered the pedals unusable. The seller was in the US, which lead me to believe they were genuine Shimano (I'm wary of anything . Sa first part ng series na ito, pumunta tayo sa NeoZigma showroom para maipakita ang mga maliliit na differences ng fake at original Shimano parts. Nag kalat kasi yan sa lazada at shopee wala kanang makitang original na gawa na tabonan na tapos ang original pa naka lagay pinayagan lang nila gamon mga seller nila eh. May original shimano pala na galing china^^, Tama sir wala talagang OEM or walang replica pure original legit shimano lang talaga hahaha wala din china, japan at malaysia lang yun lang talaga pag china Shimando yun hehehe, ty sa vid nato idol hahaha, peke yung shimano tourney tz ko, unang mtb ko kase kaya budget lang hahaha, bili nalang ako ng high capacity na 8 speed hehe, Paano po ba maging Authorized dealer, or Seller ng shimano, Sir Ger.. my alam po kayong store n nagbebenta ng geniune parts ng bike? I unwittingly purchased a fake CNHG901 HG-X11 chain for my Shimano 2x11 M700 groupset because my original chain already had 0.75 wear. Saan ba boss,,makakabili ng 2ndhand groupset original shimano?anong store? The company has operations in Japan, China, Malaysia, Singapore, and Taiwan. Spoiler: it's the top chain that is genuine. Shimano RC1 clip pedal shoe size 41 (comes with free cleat) S$70. Firstly, make sure you buy from a reputable distributor, such as the official distributor of Shimano in the UK. If I were riding long distance (ie more than a 10 minute walk home) I'd make sure to pack the spare links, and some pins/quicklinks and a tool in my on-bike toolkit. This has raised concerns about the over-reliance on Shimano, a Japanese company with over 65 percent of the high-end bike component market. The metal strip above the gear window does not meet the edge, like it should, and the barrel adjuster is obviously crude. I think they need to provide more evidence than a few bike manufacturers make ridiculous nth watt saving claims that bike technology is becoming F1 You can have no greater love than to lay down your bike car for your friends. eBay is full of fake knock gear now. rev2023.3.3.43278. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thebaldtrekker/. A proper inspection of a dodgy chain would IMO include things like metallurgy and micro-fracture analysis, which need specialized equipment not available in any household & possibly specialized expertise as well. Having graduated, he decided he really quite liked working with bikes and is now a full-time addition to the road.cc team. The Shimano FH-QC500-MS-B. Yung may standards. It offers parts for every level of riding, from the most casual to the most advanced. were missing some small ridges (e.g. Another way to spot fake Shimano bike parts is to check the websites legitimacy. Why do small African island nations perform better than African continental nations, considering democracy and human development? Is Riding a Bike a Good Way to Lose Weight. Original din kaya nabili ko shimano tourney tx RD sa online shop? Shimano is the worlds leading bicycle component manufacturer, and its bicycle components are compatible with one another. How Can You Tell If Shimano Parts are Fake? Ngaun ko lng nalaman fake pala ung tz ko hahah thx btw, Yung gausit ko na 7 speed kala ko peke yung rd, e bolted hindi riveted haha kaso yung sa fd ako nag dadalawang isip kasi shimano lng nakalagay. The fake Shimano Deore-level rear derailleurs I bought on eBay had paint that easily scratched off with my fingernail, rough casting ends/edges. Shimanos groupsets include 105, DuraAce, and Ultegra, which are popular among road cyclists. The company also produces all the parts used in the 105 groupset. >Shimano steps up efforts to beat counterfeiters, >29 of the best cycling apps for iPhone and Android. Nevertheless, the company has taken measures to ensure the authenticity of its products. How to identify counterfeit Shimano parts? The company has more than twenty locations in 16 countries. Launched in 2011, the McLaren series Venge features a carbon fiber construction that McLaren engineers ran through proprietary software designed to tune the entire frame to the absolute limit of. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. By the early 21st century, Shimano was controlling over 70 percent of the global bicycle component market. If you are really interested you could contact Shimano directly, say that you bought them, that they do not have adjusting hole, and that you suspect they may be counterfeit, and if they could advise you how to check it. The model is Acera ST-EF65. However, a shady vendor that does not shy away from product piracy is a whole different story: They have lied to you once, they might also have lied to you about the specs. Can airtags be tracked from an iMac desktop, with no iPhone? They use innovative technology and original components, resulting in high-quality products. There is bugger all point in reporting it, itll just get replaced with another as. Thank you for responding btw :). A2C2 Counterfeit Parts Testing. Shimano SPD Cleats SH51 MTB SPD - Single Release, Fresh Goods Friday 642 Cake For Me, Corned Beef For You, Whats Open At Glentress? We've asked other big brands for their take on the problem, and we'll have an updated article as and when we hear back. This button displays the currently selected search type. Di lang naman kasi ride quality nakasalalay diyan, kundi pati na rin yung SAFETY. Cookie Notice The company also produces lever bodies for Shimano bikes. Mine had engravings on both sides and not just one, it came with a quick link but not an instruction manual like in the video, and cost about 50% the price of a legit chain. Things like microfractures are usually an issue in alu alloys, not steel. racor switch stand parts; cover me in sunshine original artist. If you've fallen foul of counterfeit products then let us know in the comments section below or email us at tech [at] road.cc. How can I explain to my manager that a project he wishes to undertake cannot be performed by the team? This factory is very secretive, but its the home of Shimanos premier component groups. This allows users to scan a product and see whether it is a genuine, authorised product. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. They have a few bumps and marks on the plastic and metal parts that look like poor quality manufacturing to me. Or is this just the market is cheaper? View our media pack. But, lined next to a new chain, there is no length difference. trying to cling on to his cat 2 licenceand missing every break going in: Campaigners: Remove pedestrian vs cyclist conflict, in: Demi Vollering slowed by horse during Strade Bianche, in: Has cycling become F1? Although the company still has factories in Japan and Malaysia, they have recently moved production to China. Since May 2021 there's been the rolloutof new packaging that is supposedly harder to copy, QR codes on products and the introduction of a new phone application. Quite a delayed answer, plus, it is based on my experience with just one fake chain, but still can be useful to somebody. This is just one of the (hopefully) several videos that I will put out regarding fake bike parts. My tinfoil hat is on because they shipped from China, brand new without original packaging. The shortage of bicycle parts is a growing concern, and the reason behind the shortage is not entirely clear. Our mission is to bring you all the news thats relevant to you as a cyclist, independent reviews, impartial buying advice and more. I bought 2 sets of 'genuine Shimano blue SH12 cleats from a private seller on ebay this week. anthony coaxum football coach; overflow shelter wichita, ks; what does the green leaf mean on parkrun results Nakakatakot bumili takte talaga, Nakabili ako ng fake na hydraulic brakeset mt200 pra sa extra bike ko dko alam nong una trusted kasi ung shop, iba ung feeling pag gnagamit ko na ramdam ko ung pagkapeke nya, kumpara sa orig stock na mt200 sa scott ko ibang iba ung performance nila plus ung peke mas maliit at wlmg tindig kumpra sa orig, updated na ung mga fake tourney sa binebenta ngaun. Can I use a 3x10 or 2x11 front derailleur on a 3x11 drivetrain? fake po kaya yung rd ko?sana po mabasa nyo para maisend ko sa fb page nyo yung alivio m4000 gs ko, tanong sir meron bang shimano parts na China made na Original o pag china ay fake. I was riding on a flat road, doing something like 25-30 km/h, and my experience with Garmin/Tacx suggests I was not applying anything more than 200 watts - or at least not much more. I see this as an encouragement para sa mga sikilistang di nasasama sa mga showcase na bumili talaga ng mga legit na piyesa. The company was founded in 1921 and has since grown into a global leader in bicycle drivetrains and bicycle components. Please see other post showing the lenght differences and chain construction. In this image they are aligned with the first link towards the top of the image and we are looking at about 100 links down. Shimano isaware that counterfeit products are trickling into the market and that it can be tempting to purchase parts from less-than-reputable sources. I was looking at fake Thomson seatposts the other day for my pub bike. Why is this sentence from The Great Gatsby grammatical? We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. When not writing abouttech news or working on the Youtube channel,you can still find him racing local. Fantasy Cycling: game [at] road.cc Shimanos production facility produces most of the parts used in its Dura Ace group, XT, and SLX groupsets. 2023 The Abraham House All Rights Reserved. >Shimano road bike groupsets 2022 Everything you need to know. Ma-alog din yung isang roller. As long as people buy fakes. Bottom of the shoe is carbon Size Eu-41 US-7.6 CM-25.8cm. Ive reported it to eBay but the listings are still there. Shimanos philosophy focuses on system integration. It has also introduced new packaging technology to make it difficult to duplicate their products. Autore dell'articolo: Articolo pubblicato: 16/06/2022 Categoria dell'articolo: nietzsche quotes in german with translation Commenti dell'articolo: elasticsearch date histogram sub aggregation elasticsearch date histogram sub aggregation The Shimano Corporation, headquartered in Japan, manufactures bicycle components. Shimanoalso pointed us in the direction of itsonline anti-counterfeit pagewhich has recently been updated with some new initiatives. The fake Shimano Deore-level rear derailleurs I bought on eBay had paint that easily scratched off with my fingernail, rough casting ends/edges. The Glentress Masterplan sets out redevelopment proposals that includes new trails, improved facilities, and some new accommodation options in the area. some of the pieces/mouldings having sharp edges, meaning they've skimped the finishing processes by inadequate deburring or tumbling. tony bloom starlizard. After a member of theroad.cc teamunknowingly purchased a counterfeitchain recently,we thought we'd take a look at the risks involved, how you can avoid getting scammed and what the big brands are doing to prevent it. The dealer manual says it should have this. Don't know if it's via taobao or elsewhere. I see this as a near zero-risk transaction given Ebay's protection policies. Plus the the week's top tech news, in: Bikes most popular transport mode on City roads. Tech, reviews: tech [at] road.cc How are you going to do that? Is it suspicious or odd to stand by the gate of a GA airport watching the planes? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. OOPS! We cannot do that. The other numbers are the wrong font also. In the first image, you can compare the inner plates of the fake (up) and real chain. May orange tape na pero naka lagay "shimano teurnoy" hahhahahahah, Mahilig Ako SA bike kaya napadpad Ako Dito. The knock-offs use very similar fonts and logos that make it easy for them to be confused for the untrained eye. The Print+ membership where Singletrack magazine drops through your door, plus full digital access, is normally 45, now only 22.50 with the code. What actually gave the game away was the quick link. I recently got some new shimano cleats and they didn't have the small notch on the side to show the axle line. when having a bike fit they did wonder if they were fake! They look pretty legit to me. Just a heads up, apologies if been done before, but theres a few sellers of fake Shimano chains on eBay currently. All seemed fine at first even after a couple of miles on a test. Sir may nabili po yung asawa ko na shifter at RD na tig 1,080 peke po ba yun or orig? These are an obvious fake. What's the difference between a power rail and a signal line? Are the Shimano derailleurs sold on Ali Express genuine or fake? Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, or when switching memberships), Contact UsPrivacyForum RulesClassifieds RulesLink RemovalNewsletter SettingsAdvertising, Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total). To our regret, counterfeit Shimano products have been illegally sold at local stores, online flea markets and other online market places in and outside Japan. This one has developed a 'Low' writing which is found on some Shimano shifters, but not these. The Shimano logos are missing. More about Meron na rin ba fake na mga Deore as of this date? Wala yung blue na box. Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights. In our opinion the sooner we can get our hands on this the better, because it makes it easier to catch traders of counterfeit goods and gives consumerspeace of mind. Never been burned. Recovering from a blunder I made while emailing a professor, Linear Algebra - Linear transformation question, Norm of an integral operator involving linear and exponential terms. Di bale na tawagin kang elitista o kung ano man, basta may standards ka na talagang legit ang piyesa ng mga bikes. However as ShutTheFrontDawes points out, it's possible to have a lifetime's driving without ever seeing a copy Junctions are designed to have many lanes to "cure congestion". 60 colville road toronto; hertzrentalfine payment; apartments for rent in lancaster, pa no credit check; hay day most expensive item per level; where is air force officer training school. Parts intended for retail come in packaging; parts intended for manufacturers to put on new bikes ("OEM parts") don't, since a factory making thousands of bikes doesn't want to have to take thousands of brake levers out of thousands of boxes. Limited availability and supply chain issues have made counterfeit products rife and ever more tempting. If it's a chain that follows the required specs, it'll be perfectly usable. So the packaging is obviously designed to be very similar, and it is in fact the open packaging that is the counterfeit (on the right). And it's nearly impossible to tell the difference with the type of inspection practical for a normal cyclist. Humming Bird Classical Golf Tournament (Utica), Humming Bird Classic Golf Tournament (Rome), Humming Bird Classical Golf Tournament (Rome). To see if they are truly stainless. Acidity of alcohols and basicity of amines. This reasoning is perfectly valid for any manufacturer that wants to retain customers. Like new. (The chain in the YT video is not my chain, the video is an actual unboxing of a legitimate Shimano chain, I used the video to compare the chain I got and the chain in the video.). Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum! How To Spot Fake Shimano Bike Parts? You can normally use chains from other legitimate vendors, be it SRAM or KMC or something else. How to collect Shimano ALTUS parts together? Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year. I have compared the ones pictured above with originals. All material FarrellyAtkinson (F-At) Limited, Unit 7b Green Park Station BA11JB. If a deal is too good to be true, it probably is! Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6. not only chains but other components like ultegra pedal i've seen someone on FB Group review it. In a bid to combat the proliferation of counterfeit bicycle parts, Shimano has launched a campaign to curb the problem. watch out guys. Parts could have originated from some new bike, that was upgraded in the shop with some higher spec parts, and originals got sold this way. The construction is not the same at all and maybe the measured "wear" on the fake chain comes from that hole being larger from bad manufacturing; it would effectively make the chain longer. may mga m4120 po bang fakes? I know a few people who've bought Shimano hydraulic brakes from them and they appeared identical to retail versions. When you shop for bicycle parts, you might wonder if youre getting the best quality. Bikes are our hobby for almost 20 years already and weve dedicated a fair amount of hours to research and to solve many problems in this field. yung alivio po na kulay black, orig po yun ? A place where magic is studied and practiced? DeadBy2050 Additional comment actions - SEBASZCHAN May 20, 2021 at 10:57 Show 4 more comments I actually used this guide to legit check the chain I got (besides the video ofc) bikingultimate.com/.
Can Utilities Be Shut Off During Coronavirus 2021, Ohio State Volleyball Coaching Staff, Is Lgbt A Subculture Or Counterculture, Another Word For Female Warrior, Glowforge Wood Settings, Articles H