The way God wants us to experience this special theme for the year is by living one day at a time, being present, and living in the now for now is the time of Gods favor (2 Cor. 13:3). Obed-Edom - Wikipedia 6:19). And the LORD blessed Obed-Edom and all his household" (6:11). I couldnt stop if I wanted to. My whole reason for writing at all is to bless others with seeing Jesus in the scriptures. Vs. 26-28. Required fields are marked *. Your blessings are Jesus..plus nothing. Its no less deadly. I came back to it this morning when I ran across your article. Gentile believers (non-Jewish believers) are a fulfillment of Amos 9:11. How can I connect you and learning more about Grace? It is supposed to be carried on the shoulders of the priests, much like one would carry a champion. 22:18). OBED-EDOM (Heb. James, who was pastoring the Jerusalem church at that time, agreed with Peter that the Gentiles should not be made to keep the law, for it is in line with what God said through Amos. An Attitude of Fear (10) So David would not remove the ark of the LORD unto him into the city of David: but David carried it aside into the house of Obed-edom the Gittite. To all the people you can, Though some choices are bad, yet we can learn great lessons from it. Please enable JavaScript in your browser for this page to load correctly. Woooooow. Obededom (servant of Edom).A Levite, described as a Gittite, (2 Samuel 6:10,11) that is, probably, a native of the Levitical city of Gath-rimmon in Manasseh, which was assigned to the Kohathites. Very telling. So they sent word to the men of Kirjath Jearim, begging them to takethe Arkoff their hands. Friend, you do not need to use your own effort or willpower to see things change in your family life. But not just any music. When they had a greater appreciation of the blood of Jesus, they had great success. Hello you really try, well done, but there is confusion on obed edom that u mentioned is gentiles because one of the account said from gatite,but what of the one that Bible call a gatekeeper, musician, and his son was also dookeeper, can you simply find the main truth about them very well, because ordinary person can not stand in the front of ark of God. But..he returned with priests properly consecrated and educated on how to carry the Ark of God: On their shoulders. The Ark is a picture of Jesus, of course..His presence, His Person, and His work! Abinadab, a Jewish priest, had it in his house for 20 years, yet there is no mention of God blessing him..at all! This story demonstrates how much He hates self righteousness. And I am married to my pretty wife Angelina. 2 0 obj And the desire to change for years will suddenly become so easy through His grace. He was a . And this coming week, the Lord grant to you and yours His wonderful shalom, wholeness, peace, and tranquility to lead and govern your lives. 13:13), and Gittite means belonging to the city of Gath. Gath was one of the Philistine cities (where Goliath was from). . The Blessing of Obed-edom by Tom Kraeuter | Goodreads He died instantly. Obedience and faith are essential to our Christian lives and witness before others. As you supply them with grace-filled, Jesus-centered words, believe that God will transform your children and cause them to want to do the right thing. Obed's mother, Ruth, was a Moabitess who immigrated to Bethlehem with her mother-in-law, Naomi. 7 The sons of Shemaiah: Othni, Rephael, Obed and Elzabad; his relatives Elihu and Semakiah were also able men. Moreover, the sons of Obededom The same at whose house the ark was, before it was brought by David to Zion; his sons were porters also, as himself, ( 1 Chronicles 15:24) ( 16:38) , mention is made of eight sons of his, according to their birth: Shemaiah, Jehozabad, Joah, Sacar, Nethaneel, Ammiel, Issachar, Peulthai; for God blessed him; No longer then are we worshipping out of a sense of duty or the wrong kind of the fear of God. Amen. . Appreciate your comment! 4,5. While he had the right motive, he went about achieving it using the ways of the world. What is the secret of his amazing success? all his household There are two accounts of the ark in Obed-Edoms house, and both accounts speak of the abundant blessings that came upon all that Obed-Edom had. Once we check with the original Hebrew, we will understand that this is a translator issue and why. 6:2 Remember what happened in the temple of Dagon? I know the feeling! However, this passage reveals unchanging truth regarding our attitude before the Lord, the means by which we enter His presence, and the blessings associated with the presence of our Lord. it is a language of picture writing, like Chinese. A Korhite Levite. Now, bear in mind, these were Jewish people. He worshipped God. Obed-Edom is a picture of believers who are conscious of Jesus finished work and shed blood. What Jesus simply said was His Name: I AM, literally, YHVH () and they all fell to the ground before the Holy One of God. The ark had been in Gibeah for over sixty years, and Saul had not sought or inquired of the Lord at the ark during all of his reign. Who is Obed-Edom? - Daily Devotion | CBN.com A burnt offering EVERY SIX PACES! I am so blessed by your teaching. When you realize how much Jesus loves you and are freshly filled with His love, your spouse will be the beneficiary. 19 Bible Verses About Obed-Edom - QuotesCosmos The Church of Christ is a congregation of God's children. David also wore a linen ephod. ; "the servant of *Adam [the deity? When Pastor Prince first studied the life of Obed-Edom in 2003, he found that Josephus, a Jewish historian who lived during the time of Jesus, described the blessings of Obed-Edom like this: When Obed-Edom first brought the ark into his house, he was a poor man. There is great benefit in following the Lord, and as we do, we have the potential to make an impact on the lives of others. People talking about Gods blessings in your life is another way of spreading the good news so that others will be drawn to the God you serve. Obed-Edom / o b d i d m / is a biblical name which in Hebrew means "servant of Edom," and which appears in the books of 2 Samuel and 1 and 2 Chronicles.The relationship between these passages has been the subject of scholarly discussions which express uncertainty and disagreements about the relationships between various passages that use the name. What was that all about? The impetus for this word study comes from a sermon I heard some years back. He's only mentioned a few times in the Bible. Psalm 16:11. As little girls we are taught to be nice and polite. The Shofar is the horn made from a male sheep. If they did, we encourage you to get the sermon and allow the Lord to speak to you personally as you watch or listen to it. 8 All . I want to ask a question sir. B. v. 13 Manifested In A Change In David's Approach - Apparently, during the three months that passed between the death of Uzzah and David's decision to go get the Ark, he had been doing his homework. 5 Critical Lessons From Noah's Ark | John Barrett Blog When the Ark was present, the people knew God was with them. 31:10). Have a blessed day! God showed his love for us, for he sent his only Son into the world that through him we might have life. Sometimes, God uses the blessings on someone else to lead those who are backslidden back to him. 1 0 obj All self effort gone Jesus I depend on you alone for everything. While David was a man after Gods own heart, with sincere motives, he failed to seek the Lord or follow His direction. % When Lazarus died, Martha said to Jesus, If You had been here, my brother would not have died (John 11:21). este Obed-edom del final del versculo 38 con el Obed-edom que figura al comienzo del mismo versculo. I am happy you are blessed and now understand what God wanted us to know. A Gentile? There, it says in verse 8, Then David and all Israelplayed musicbeforeGodwith all their might, with singing, on harps, on stringed instruments, on tambourines, on cymbals, and with trumpets.. Now let me know what you think? Remember Obed Edom? Now, lets look at the typologies in this story. When Jesus took the cup of the Communion and said to His disciples, This cup is the new covenant in my blood. You dont need a pastor or a deacon present to have communion. 25. God bless you sir. There are actually four different men named Obed Edom in scripture. At all the times you can, 4 0 obj Grace is higher than the law, for the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ (John 1:17). So, they helped their god back up onto his place {snicker}. Maybe he went back to church or read his Bible. Today at the Fathers right hand, we have a perfect and glorified man representing us. And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power (koach) to get wealth (chayil). Deuteronomy 8:18 NKJV. DUH!!! The Ark demonstrates that Jesus is 100% Man (wood) and 100% God (gold.). You, Church, are a royal priesthood after the order of Melchizedek, just like Jesus! We found it in theFIELDS OF THE WOODS. What lessons can you learn from his life? The other two include a gatekeeper (1 Chronicles 26:8), and a guardian of the sacred vessels (2 Chronicles 25:24). His family was as involved in the work of the Ark as he was. We can see this in the life of Abraham: And he believed (aman) in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness. Genesis 15:6 KJV. He sure has. I am so bless by your teaching. Thanks for the heads up! The Church of Christ,15 Grey Street, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria. Dfinition "OBED-DOM" - Dictionnaire TopBible TopChrtien While David had noble and right ambitions, the moving of the ark met great tragedy and experienced delay. ]"), the name of two biblical figures. But the Israelites should have known Gods ways, especially the people of Beth Shemesh (a Levitical city). 2 Sam. He took it to Obed-edom the Gittite's house. There is information about her in both. Very graphic picture of Davids new-found appreciation. And every six paces, he offered another burnt offering unto the Lord. . As Pastor Prince shared in this sermon, the secret of Obed-Edoms family blessings is that he valued the ark of the covenant (a picture of the person of Jesus) and he valued the blood that covers sin. Once the ark was returned, it was kept at the house of Abinadab in Gibeah. Lets look at the meaning of Obed-Edoms name: Obed-Edom was a man who understood the importance of the blood on the mercy seat. The more you esteem His blood, the more faith youll have in the Lord. . When you try to justify yourself by the law (e.g. I am happy you found the material helpful in your study of the Word. For more on that topic, you may follow the link below: You see, the greater your appreciation of the blood of Jesus, the bigger revelation of Him, THE GREATER YOUR BLESSINGS!!! They were sadly mistaken. endobj First Chronicles 26:4-6 lists them and their own sons, along with their father, as gatekeepers in God's temple. In the Old Testament days, the Ark of the Covenant was understood to be the presence of God among His people. No wonder there wasexuberant praise and worship!!! But there is no warmth, no closeness, no sense of family. David came to Abinadabs house to take the Ark to the Hill of Zion. What lessons can you learn from his life? David goes after the Ark and brings it home. you believe you will be blessed by God based on how well you keep the law), you have fallen from grace (Gal. What must also be present is an overwhelming consciousness of our eternal righteousness and a greater appreciation of THE BLOOD OF JESUS. In this year of Rest and Acceleration, God wants to accelerate His restoration in your family life. On the third morning, what did they find? Uzzahs name comes from the root word, uz, which means strength. Youve heard of the Israeli invention the uzzi? Its name is derived from the same root and means gun of strength., Uzzah means MY strength, depicting mans strength,unlike the name Uz-zi-jah, which means Gods strength. The Holy Spirit is painting a picture of Uzzah, mans strength, stretching out the arm of flesh to help God.. When Uzzah died while transporting the ark, David didnt ask God what went wrong. Accompanied by all Israel, with much pomp and circumstance, David arrived at the house of Abinadab to collect the Ark. But maybe Uzzah got too familiar with the Ark. His story begins with his grandparents. You did things His way..or else. This is why Christians within congregations where their pastors are trying to balance GRACE with law, (the righteousness by works model), fall sick and/or die before their time. Thats a whole lot of sacrifices and shedding of blood! He didnt joke with his family and relatives. God bless you.. Obededom was faithful in his conduct and dealings and thus was faithful also to the Ark committed unto him to keep. He is not so common to many. Amen The word Amen in this verse is referring to the person of Jesus Himself. THEY HAD A GREATER APPRECIAION OF THE BLOOD OF JESUS. They had access to the scriptures and were without excuse.Now lets find out why the Ark wasnt in Jerusalem where it belonged. 18:20, John 19:18, Luke 24:36, Rev. When you consider the very steep and rocky terrain the oxen had to negotiate, you can see why they had a huge problem. Then David said,No one may carry the ark of God but the Levites,for the Lord has chosen them to carry the ark of God and to minister before Him forever.. And the LORD blessed Obed-Edom and all his household.2 Samuel 6:11 NKJV. In my past two posts, I have demonstrated how we can do word studies in the New Testament. David was both angry at God yet terrified at the the same time. We glean another lesson from Obed-Edom's blessing for accepting the ark in his house. Where before there was abject terror, now there was great dancing and rejoicing and a VERY different King David! Notice that everywhere Jesus went, sinners who touched Jesus were miraculously healed. Wherever it was sent, the people were stricken with tumors and plagued with rats. So David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-edom to the city of David with rejoicing; and when those who bore the ark of the Lord had gone six paces, he sacrificed an ox and a fatling. The secret of Obed-Edom's family blessings: valuing the blood of Jesus Value the person of Jesus and His finished work, and see God's abundant blessings come upon your entire household Salvation prayer Closing prayer OWN THE WORD (life application) Introduction: Say "yes" and "amen" to all of God's promises This is because the innocent blood on the mercy seat covered their sins. And the LORD blessed the house of Obed-Edom and all that he had. 1 Chronicles 13:14 NKJV, The ark of the LORD remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite three months. 5:4). The Spurgeon Library | The Lesson of Uzza (I told you they were not very bright ). John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 46:1). Do you have God in your dealings? This seems to invalidate some of the observations the preacher made. Whichever way we ascertain his identity, we can safely conclude a few things from our data. When the ark was in Obed-Edoms house, the Lord blessed all that Obed-Edom had (1 Chron. What does it all mean? And also let me know if the series of word studies has been helpful. Join Daniel King to learn how the remarkable story of a little-known Bible hero contains the key to releasing God's favor on you and your family. It was heartfelt and sincere no doubt, but they relied on their own reasoning, their own efforts. The account of Obed is found in the book of Ruth, "when the judges ruled the land" ( Ruth 1:1 ). Tell me Church: Does God ever need our help? "red")= "one who causes to blush." He made David blush for shame because the latter was at first afraid to receive the Ark, whereas Obededom took it into his house without hesitation (Num. Because its really, really, REALLY HEAVY, thats why! If He hadnt, they would not have been able to carry it anywhere. While transporting the Ark, Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, had set the ark on a new cart. Obed Edom & The Ark : Rev Emmanuel Angelo - YouTube A bullock offering, as you might have guessed, has the greatest quantity of blood of any of the five offerings in the book of Leviticus. Even though Jerusalem was the CENTER of worship for the Jewish people, it never occurred to him to restore it to its rightful place. 7Then the anger of theLordwas aroused against Uzzah,andGod struck him there forhiserror; and he died there by the ark of God. In His presence, there is fullness of joy. Self-righteousness: Thats what Uzzah represents. Many believers today are committing the sin of Beth Shemesh by trying to justify themselves by the law. It is about relationship with a Person: Our Lord Jesus Christ. I believed bible is talking about the obed edom the one that serving God not Philistines. It can not possible. . WHO WAS OBED-EDOM 1 Chronicles 13:13-14 (NKJV) 13 So David would not move the ark with him into the City of David, but took it aside into the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite. The ark of God remained with the family of Obed-Edom in his house three months. 70 years. What sacrifice are you willing to pay for the cause of Christ, the church, or the brethren? Events, About The battle in which the Ark was Captured by the Philistines, took place during the time that a man named, Eli, was high priest over Israel. However, back then, the people had to offer sacrifices to renew their sanctification yearly. Admittedly, we don't know a lot about Obed-edom. LESSONS FROM OBED-EDOM - YouTube 8:15). Thats Gods way. Remember, God doesnt want to see what is underneath. Took care of it and its contents. Many times in the Bible, we read about Jesus being in the midst of people (Matt. Today, we are in Christ Jesus, and we have His righteousness. 4 And they brought it out of the house of Abinadab, whichwason the hill, accompanying the ark of God; and Ahio went before the ark. But Gods people should have known betterthey should have known to honor the Lord by carrying the ark on their shoulders instead of moving it on the oxen cart. As for thetablets of sapphire, you may refer to the embedded ink above entitled, Ananias and Sapphire, for more on that topic. From here, we can make two observations first. Try, Slow Down, Big Fellawhat A Motorcyclist Taught Me About Preaching, Spit-Shine Tomorrow's Sermon Before You Go To Bed Tonight. When you keep being conscious that by Gods unmerited, unearned, and undeserved favor, Jesus Christ took your place and died for your sins on the cross, and you have taken His place as the righteousness of God in Christ, you will start to see bad habits drop off. Because of the blood on the mercy seat, all of Israel could expect blessings on their households and victory over their enemies to go on for another year. 9781931810050: The Secret of Obed-Edom - King, Daniel: 1931810052 Comparing The Two Attempts To Return The Ark. For example, when the ark is deconstructed and laid out flat, it forms the shape of a cross (a video of this illustration is shown on screen). With all that in mind, lets continue with our story. So we can read Obed-Edoms name to mean servant of the blood., Bad news from the doctor regarding your stomach (intestine area), Pain in the right shoulder/upper arm area, Nerve in the right eye that is moving involuntarily, Restoration of a large sum of money that youve been cheated out of, Child being diagnosed with ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder). He even wrote about his hearts desire in Psalm 132: 3 Surely I will not go into the chamber of my house,Or go up to the comfort of my bed;4I will not give sleep to my eyesOrslumber to my eyelids,5Until I find a place for theLord,A dwelling place for the Mighty One of Jacob.6Behold, we heard of it in Ephrathah; (his childhood home). I say Captured in quotation marks because it cannot just be Captured. No one takes God by surprise or captures Him. The first two lessons are normally read by laypeople, the Gospel by a Minister of the Word or a layperson. God calls Mount Zion His resting place (Ps. By all the means you can, II Samuel 6:9-119 David was afraid of the Lord that day; and he said, How can the ark of the Lord come to me? 10 So David would not move the ark of the Lord with him into the City of David; but David took it aside into the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite.11 The ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-Edom the Gittite three months. The Strange Case of Obed-Edom - Cornerstone Community Church This man had God in his house and the blessings became the talk of the town. I want to examine the lessons within the text as we consider: The Obedience of Obed-edom. Well David, upon hearing all this, came back to the house of Obed Edom for the Ark, this time with a whole new attitude! But he made aBIG MISTAKE placing the Ark on an ox cart, new or otherwise. 6:12 says "so David went and brought up the ark of God from the house of Obed-edom into the city of David with gladness". Before the soldiers arrived at Gethsemane, as I said, Jesus knew ALL that was soon to happen. This will also mean that he is most likely the same person mentioned in 1 Chronicles 15 onwards. Following the death of Uzzah, David became angry with God and afraid to proceed with the ark. The deep things of the spirit that others fear to engage in, if you do, youd attract blessings that others have shun. Amen. 13:12). We find that David refused to go any further with the ark at this time. When the ark brought great destruction to many Philistine cities when it was passed around, the Philistines decided to send it back to Israel. DAVID . As He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17). Open your hearts. He wasnt murdered. In these two passages, it mentions a list of his descendants. He, too, got a clear revelation of the blood of Jesus. They are, so to speak, lost in the woods of their own doctrines. Many Christians today are of the opinion that having more praise and worship is the key to revival. 1. Obed-edom Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY - JW.ORG These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness Revelation 3:14 NKJV. Isn't that amazing! And that ignored the mention that Obed Edom was a Levite in the 1 Chronicles 15 narrative. Quin fue Obed Edom segn la Biblia? Robin's Nest: Learning Lessons from Jairus - Blogger THATS WHY UZZAH DIED: BECAUSE SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS IS DEADLY. . And thank you for the reply very encouraging. Obed edom - SlideShare Remember who else hailed from Gath? Learning Lessons from Jairus. While God is holy, His holiness calls for us to realize we cannot meet His standard of holiness, but we can depend on His grace to deliver us, save us, and supply everything we need! Thats right, folks: The Ark was lostin the woods. https://emmausroadministries.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/ephraim-and-the-house-of-judah-part-8-of-9/, For now we see through a glass darkly, but soon face to face.. The more we try to keep the law, the more our sinful nature is aroused. The name of the town means City of woods/forests, in Hebrew, by the way. When carried on the shoulders of the priests, howeverTHERIGHT WAYGod HIMSELF actually helped because, if He didnt, even the priests wouldnt be able to carry it. Ever ask God questions like that? People Listen In Different Wayscan You Reach All Of Them? And the first area in your life where you may have breaches (broken parts) in that He wants to restore is your family. Listen, Church:JESUS DID A FINISHED WORK. So blessed to read it. The lower part was made of incorruptible Shittim wood, overlaid inside and out with the purest gold. This was the first time anything like that had happened to me. It had been inAbinadabs house for some20 years,and before that, it had been in the hands of their enemies, the Philistines. I believe you will know the right time to study and the right time to play games.. Obed-Edom - Jewish Virtual Library Not at all. Obed-edom is an illustration of the service rendered to Hebrew religion by foreigners, reminding one of the Simon of Cyrene who bore the cross of Jesus ( Matthew 27:32, etc.). Those poor, clueless, haplessPhilistineshadthe Ark for a total of7 months; 7 months of pure hell, that is. , The opening scripture is one of the most puzzling passages in the entire Bible for more than just a few, my self included. Then the anger of the LORD was aroused against Uzza, and He struck him because he put his hand to the ark; and he died there before God. 1 Chronicles 13:10 NKJV, Uzza Every name in the Bible carries meaning, and Uzza means power, mans strength., . We must come before the Lord with a pure heart, and an attitude of fear and reverence. The Ark remained in Obed-Edom's house for three months and for three months the Lord blessed Obed-Edom, his family, and all that pertained to him (2 Samuel 6:11, 1 Chronicles 13:14).He experienced a season of EXPONENTIAL GROWTH, everything he touched multiplied. We too, can be blessed like Obed-Edom. The Church Of Christ, 15 Grey Street, Warri. However, when Gabriel appeared to Mary and prophesied that she would carry Jesus in her womb, she believed the Word of God (Luke 1:38). PDF The Obedience of Obed-edom - Pulpit Pages From the moment He heard about where it was,he purposed in his heartto bring the Ark of the LORD back to Jerusalem; BACK TO THE CENTER OF WORSHIP! Obed-Edom appears for the first time in 2 Samuel 6:10, when David sought to bring the Ark of the Covenant back to Jerusalem.
Super Password Celebrity Guests, Armand's Pizza Nutritional Info, Legacy West Happy Hour, Lycamobile Belgium Bundle 10 Euro, Articles L