One young man Adrian was on duty all day and even managed to provide the evening quiz and Play Your Cards Right. Beds were comfie and we werent disturbed by any noise. North Dakota; South Dakota; Wisconsin; U.S. - Northeast . When parking, please ensure you review the car park signage and obtain the relevant permit for the duration of your stay. Absolutely appalling! Also experienced have been unexplained footsteps and voices, and even a toilet flushing. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Overview. Payments made by partners impact the order of prices displayed. Double rooms available from 105.00 based on two people sharing, breakfast included. The old graveyard has tombstones dating back to the 1730s. We had towels and toilet paper and tea everything in a separate bag for covid safe. 50 yards across the street from the station so great location to get places. The hotel however is now being used to hold Asylum Claimants in all its 88 rooms so no bookings can be taken. Anyways we check in and pay and hands us our room key, as soon as we get in the lift I knew something was very wrong, the entire place is ran down and absolutely stinks of B.O AND CIGARETTE SMOKE. We will inform you when any tickets become available. this spirit does exist and I've never experienced it ever again. In continuous operation since 1856, a lot of figures have come and gone in this quaint hotel. Have just returned after our Christmas Break. I wondered if I was at Disneys haunted mansion. There was dust and dirt everywhere, on the headboard, the windowsills, hairs still in the bath that needed resealing along time ago. So ok dont have cooked foodstick to toastthat's a safe bet right? The toilet had been placed on some kind of box, for whatever reason. Was offered replacement by the un - enthusiastic 'maintenance (dogs body) guy' for the following night! The Hartford Elks lodge moved into this ornate building in 1903, and is believed to be haunted. The decision for Stoke-on-Trent to be classified as a city was made by King George V, eventually announcing it during his visit to Stoke in 1925. The Ghosts of Tutbury Castle, Staffordshire, The Ghosts of Tamworth Castle, Staffordshire, Period features in many of the public areas, Single rooms available from 85.00 based on one person staying in the room, breakfast included. Please if your going to stay somewhere near by I do recommend paying that little bit extra for a more trustworthy service! In fact, some have refused to leave. Improve this listing Property amenities Paid private parking on-site Free internet Bar / lounge Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Taxi service Conference facilities Banquet room Baggage storage The 1816 church's President's Pew, reserved for the President of the United States, is where the hauntings are said to take place. Around the colonial home, witnesses claim to have seen apparitions of ghostly Revolutionary War-era soldiers. If you after somewhere clean, cheap and convenient to get your head down for the night, this place will fit the bill! Heard this hotel was haunted . 2 pets per room, Smoking is prohibited in all public areas and bedrooms. STOKE ON TRENT WINTON SQUARE (north-east side), North Stafford Hotel (Formerly listed as North Staffordshire Hotel, previously listed as Stoke-on-Trent Main Station, The North Stafford Hotel, Nos 1-6 (cons)) 19/04/72 GV II* Hotel. We offer on-site car parking, which is charged at 5 per night. Registered office: Anfield Business Centre, 58 Breckfield Road South, Liverpool, L6 5DR. The 18th-century home is reported to be one of the oldest buildings in D.C. There is often an unexplained scent of Gardenias . More rarely, objects Brentsville Courthouse Historic Centre, explored on an episode of TV's Ghost Hunters, is said to be haunted. * Prices are provided by our partners, and reflect total costs of the stay, including all taxes and fees known to our partners. The site of the hotel used to be a drowning pool, whereby women who had been charged with witchcraft were drowned. That same night, during a storm, one of the family members died due to a sudden illness. to care about quality for midweek guests. The Historic Brookstown Inn is one of the most haunted places in Winston-Salem. A possible suicide, or a possible push, caused a damsel to fall to her death.no one is sure how her life ended. Hence low rating.Hotel relies to much on Weddings, discount buffets and special events, Christmas parties etc. Many Arlington National Cemetery burials started in this old military chapel, in use since the 1930s. There was a sticker on the door stating the room had been sanitised. 24.9 miles from Stafford, CT. This means that we may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. The staff try (well obviously not the cleaners) and are set up for horrible days at work when this is what customers have. It is located in the old armoury of the mansion, and those queuing up have often reported seeing children dressed in Victorian clothing and have had stones and other objects thrown at them! One spirit is said to be an "unfriendly male" who has scared many a visitor. The Swan has been given a number of awards and accolades, including a three-star AA award, recognition by the BII and the Academy of Food and Wine and a Certificate of Excellence from Trip Advisor so you know that youll be in excellent hands at the hotel. It was built by the Normans and played a significant role in English history! Yes the rooms are old mine had an uneven floor which damaged my foot during the night but its not as bad as others claim. Shes known as the White Lady and has been seen regularly by both staff and guests. NEWSLETTER: Sign up for email alerts direct to your inbox, 'Big cat' caught on camera feeding on 'dead sheep' in the Peak District, Snarling Staffies savage young mum and man in Fenton attacks, We visited new grocery store in Burslem where shoppers can buy 30 worth of food for just 4, Heartbroken dad watched in shock as sheep farmer son, 23, fatally struck by Audi A3, Woman, 29, banned from going to Potteries Centre and Festival Park. Her son John sometimes met with friends there, one of whom was John Wilkes Booth. The North Stafford Hotel | Stoke-on-Trent Ghostly weeping also can A ghostly woman in a long white dress roams the second floor, seen by several employees working late. Filled with rich industrial heritage and history,Stoke-on-Trent is a truly intriguing area of Britain which is also known as the worlds centre of ceramics. Yelp/Christmas Farm Inn and Spa. According to local stories, the actor was murdered here in the 1880s by another actor. Crack across tiles in bathroom floor. Cant believe I grabbed such a bargain! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. This hotel is really nice! After a faltering start with the tea the fresh pot was fine. It's said that a lovely ghost resides there. It has been suggested that should have been a governess at the mansion. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Over 900 years old and home to 11 families, countless lives have been lived and subsequent deaths here. At this point we were so distressed we left after booking another hotel. Built in 1840 by architect John Jay on behalf of the North Staffordshire Railway Company, the North Stafford Hotel has a long and proud history. Me and a group of friends stayed over in rooms 217 and 218 and had a horrible night sleep both hearing noises of a woman from the toilet and footsteps throughout the night. Read more about the ghosts of Alton Towers, The Most Haunted Places in the West Midlands. As hotels have been closed for months and have just started reopening you would think that your room in this hotel would be pristine. Here's what paying customers had to say Well, having returned from what can only be described as Britains most run down and dirty hotel and having sterilised everything of mine that touched anything there I now can give a honest view. Witnesses also have heard unexplained voices, and during a Civil War reenactment, electric candles in the windows repeatedly turned on by themselves. Staff were very pleasant and accommodating. The lifts smelt of marijuana, the hotel is more than run down. The mysterious presence is said to linger around the lower parking garage, where a fatal accident involving a young child occurred. Some say the ghost is a deceased member, perhaps Samuel Chamberlain, watching over his former--er, haunt. Why? more. The North Stafford Hotel is a magnificent Grade II listed Jacobean building, conveniently situated in the heart of Stoke. The corridors themselves are so tired and have clearly been in need of some tlc for years with patchy carpet botched fix jobs, scuffs etc. This booking was made via Hotels.com and my husband did not think below standard hotels would be on the site, so did not check reviews before booking. Receptionist matter of fact and indifferent, quick check in.Room tired. Payments made by partners impact the order of prices displayed. One of the chefs at the hotel was said to be so disturbed by the White Ladys presence that he left his job at the hotel. Wardrobe musty and smelly.Bar haphazard opening hours with untrained staff. Lafayette Square, is said to be haunted by Philip Barton Key II, son of Francis Scott Key. Join thousands of our guests enjoying the latest ghost hunts and special discounts on events delivered to your inbox. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. What a load of crap!! Just opposite railway station, has its own restaurant. Having worked at Central Park Aquatics for almost a year now, I and any of the other employees can tell you, hands down, this place is haunted. He attempted to ward off the curse by chaining up the tree the chains are still visible today! * Prices are provided by our partners, and reflect nightly room rates, including all taxes and fees known to our partners. From AU$68 per night on Tripadvisor: North Stafford Hotel, Stoke-on-Trent. Building 21 has an unknown spirit lingering in spirit form. If youre looking for ghosts in Staffordshire, you will not be disappointed. One of the most remarkable finds was an old Coachmans uniform preserved perfectly behind a chimney for more than 150 years! 59.00. The Swan Hotel is thought to have been built on the site of an old monastic college. Arrived 5pm wet and cold. We had pre booked tickets for a nearly full day out returned to the hotel after eating out, had a rest then pack & left, did not stay for our other 2 nights booked. The Excelsior House Hotel, 211 W Austin St, Jefferson, TX 75657, USA. Bedroom was VERY basic, old stained nets up at the window but no curtains to close so it was very bright when trying to sleep. Read more Suggest edits to improve what we show. Ok so it needs a bit of TLC but if we had wanted five star treatment we would have had to pay five star money. The building was known to harbor mysterious aromas, and footsteps were often heard on the 3rd and 4th floors. Big mistake. I will never set foot in this place again, and can't understand why my coach operator would ever consider booking this horrendous hotel. President Abraham Lincoln's apparition is seen in the Lincoln Bedroom and all over the White House, President Andrew Jackson is seen in the Rose Bedroom, and President William Henry Harrison is heard in the attic. Entering the room I thought oh my god, where have I been sent? 6 were here. ~ we stayed at the holiday in express which really looked after us when we got there as I was very emotional and upset. This is absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. However there was an old bar of soap left on the toilet lid. Thank you for a great visit. Room was nothing like any of the the photos - tatty, mucky particularly the curtains and didn't feel particularly safe. Me and a group of friends stayed over in rooms 217 and 218 and had a horrible night sleep both hearing noises of a woman from the toilet and footsteps throughout the night. The Swan is located in the heart of Stafford town centre and boasts 31 en-suite bedrooms, many of which have a number of period features including open stone fireplaces and wooden beams in the ceiling. Suites available from 135.00 based on two people sharing, breakfast included. Of the 1,356 reviews, 461 were terrible, 238 poor, 282 average, with the remainder being very good or excellent. Constant noises coming from our bathroom and the corner of the room. The staff was not to welcoming and when we actually got to our room it was awful damp, dirty and smelly We were horrified and i went straight to reception to ask if we could have an upgrade? The complex includes an 1822 courthouse and jail, 1830 farmhouse, 1875 church, 1928 one-room schoolhouse and the Brentsville Tavern archeological site. I could go on but all in all shocking. Second night we were moved to a different room which was much bigger but so grotty. Man on reception was apologetic however. Stoke-on-Trent is home to fantastic attractions and creative businesses, making it the perfect place for a memorable short break. The apparition of a Native American man has been seen in the Occuquan Inn, built in 1810. The Most Haunted Places in Staffordshire Revealed 1. fairly recently. As legend has it, in 1958 Philip Key had an affair with the wife of one of his friends, Daniel Sickles. Failing to do so will generate a parking charge notice (PCN). Now it will become home to dozens of asylum seekers after the Home Office revealed its plans to book up all 88 rooms to use as temporary accommodation for those seeking refuge in the UK. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Or visit the award-winning Trentham Gardens, shopping village and garden centre. Convenient for Stoke on Trent RaikwY station otherwise I would avoid it, My and my partner booked navely after wanting something quick, not reading the reviews was our worst mistake. I turned up as a single female traveller needing a safe place to stay while I worked a short contract. The North Stafford Hotel is a spacious and elegant hotel, conveniently situated in the heart of Stoke. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Built by Colonel John Tahoe in 1799, the historic Octagon House was used as The White House during former president Madison's term. Join Waitlist. Built in 1840 by architect John Jay on behalf of the North Staffordshire Railway Company, the North Stafford Hotel has a long and proud history. One of the things that the castle is most well known for aside from the ghosts is that it was where Mary Queen of Scots was held captive not once but on four separate occasions. Allegedly haunted by the ghost of Marian (Clover) Hooper Adams who lived in the residence that occupied this site prior to the hotel being constructed.
Red Bone Marrow Does Not Contain, 223 Wylde Disadvantages, Security Mod Minecraft Bedrock, Articles N