Only $35.99/year. My boss put me into a server role with very little training. exclamation marks in sentences of your own. Finally, reassure the interviewer you have the right skills. Large: 4 sides 4 entrees, serves 26-30, Human Anatomy- Reproductive System- Female. At that company, we are well aware of FDA rules and regulations and I wanted to ensure that we were not in violation of any laws.". Discuss how this position stands out to you over any others. Education and Experience: If the cash drawer was balanced correctly each day or your deposits were correct and made on time every night, saying show can illustrate your help highlight your reliability. Panda Restaurant Group, the world leader in Asian dining experiences and parent company of Panda Inn, Panda Express and Hibachi-San, is dedicated to becoming a world leader in people development. 4 Water We do not claim our questions will be asked in any interview you may have. Interview answers were first added by Rachelle Enns on an unknown date, Interview questions were first added on April 3rd, 2017, Interview questions and answers were updated by Rachelle Enns on May 26th, 2018. Education and Experience: * Some high school. If you have any restrictions on your schedule, it is best to bring this up with the interviewer right away. Lead and motivate a team of associates to ensure that all customer orders are prepared accurately, quickly, and with the highest quality standards, Ensure that all food safety protocols are followed in accordance with company policies and local health regulations, Monitor and maintain inventory levels, ensuring that all products are stored properly and rotated according to established guidelines, Train new employees on proper procedures for preparing food, operating equipment, and providing excellent customer service, Maintain a clean and organized work environment, including floors, counters, shelves, and storage areas, Assist customers with their orders, answering questions about menu items and making recommendations as needed, Handle cash transactions accurately and efficiently, balancing the register at the end of each shift, Resolve customer complaints or concerns in a professional manner, Monitor employee performance and provide feedback and coaching when necessary, Prepare daily reports and submit them to management, Develop and implement strategies to increase sales and profitability, Participate in weekly meetings with other shift leaders to discuss operational issues and opportunities. Superior, CO. Posted: February 28, 2023. If you take the bus or ride a bike, that works too! Education and Experience: Some high school. izzy_garza. Consider demonstrating your knowledge of the industry and the company's offerings by naming 1-2 of the company's primary competitors and sharing more specifically what makes Panda Express a standout dining choice. All Rights Reserved, Panda Restaurant Group, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. My favorite part of working here is seeing customers leave happy after eating our food.. ", "I stuck up for an employee bullied in the workplace. Flashcards. Post Date: Apr 27, 2022. TCI-M2 Concepts, J.V. It also allows you to see how they present themselves in front of others. "My schedule is very open except for Monday evenings. This question is often asked to determine your level of comfort with handling cash and credit card transactions. Panda Express Open House Interview Day! Cleanliness is especially important in the hospitality/food industry. When the manager is not present, you'll be . 1 Followup Paid Training to prepare you for success Dates shown above are approximate. This can help you identify areas where your team members need additional training or support. It's great to even be 10 minutes early rather than just showing up right on the dot. What can I do in order to get up to speed quickly? **Candidates must meet, and continue to meet if employed, eligibility requirements for each benefit to qualify. Whether I am training formally or not, I am always the go-to for shadowing and mentorship. This will let the interviewer know that your goals are aligned with their business objectives. Match. It doesn't have to be a formal role as a manager or supervisor. JOB ID. 401K with company match Are you someone who can handle stress on the job? You're right - communication is key to being a successful leader. Created by. You will gain hands on experience in cooking and preparing Panda favorites for our guests. Jersey City, NJ. Module 1 Panda Express PIC Test. I took charge for two weeks, and the experience was quite positive! "Just last month I was asked to lead our day shift employees when my boss was away on sick leave. Assure the interviewer that you can meet their customer service standards. Find out what a Panda Express Shift Leader does, how to get this job, and what it takes to succeed as a Panda Express Shift Leader. I am comfortable with these types of tasks. That is where I find out about new entrees being offered and also recently about the scam post on Facebook.". Did training take place in person, virtually, or through both avenues? I am seeking a workplace environment that is collaborative and positive and this role seems like a perfect fit. Module 1 Panda Express PIC Test. ", "I want to work for Panda Express first because you have a well-known reputation for strong management, growth opportunities, and fair pay. TYPE. You can improve this answer by talking about how far in advance schedules are supposed to be produced and how employees felt about the frequent changes. The estimated total pay for a Shift Leader at Panda Express is $31,666 per year. On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in communication? Because this would be my first position in the restaurant industry, I am new to these topics. A. Katrina B. phone service C. provider D. letter. Contact us here. Aug 2021 - Present1 year 8 months. ", "I appreciate that Panda Express has such a strong focus on cleanliness. 9 employees wash hands for at least 20 seconds If you do have the experience: "I have been a part of individual terminations and group lay-offs throughout my career. 251 Panda Express reviews. Using the STAR approach will ensure you include all the important parts of your example: Talk about a Situation or Task (S-T), the Action you took (A), and the Results your achieved (R). (1) Katrina wrote her cellular phone service provider a letter. Shift Leader - 2123. Shift Leader. Our Panda Shift Leader associates are important leaders of our team and are responsible for bringing Panda's mission alive in our restaurants by supporting management in creating food with passion, service with heart and ambiance with pride. We offer our team members:** However, the interviewer is trying to determine if you've sincerely thought about your future with the company and how this role fits into your desired career path. The company was not happy about it because it cost them a lot of money but, in the end, they realized that they were in error. As a shift leader, you may be responsible for managing the restaurants inventory. The typical Panda Express Shift Leader salary is US$19 per hour. 9.manager key- posession by pic/manager, 1. lock back door-all times 11/10/2022. Talk to the interviewer about a time when you have dealt with this type of situation. To help you prepare for a Panda Express job interview, here are 31 interview questions and answer examples. jlee0620. To bring our 2020 vision alive & in action. The first restaurant opened in. The estimated base pay is $31,666 per year. When answering this question, it can be helpful to include information that shows your leadership skills or other qualities that relate to the position. 2494-North Dupont Hwy & Leipsic Rd PX, Dover, DELAWARE, UNITED . Additionally, the company may offer bonuses or other incentives to employees based on performance. NAF 3-Year Summer Internship @ UC Berkeley (2019-2021) Activity. Ultimately, a top shift leader should be . Inventory Management: Inventory management is the ability to track and order the correct amount of food and supplies for a restaurant. I also had to operate the restaurants ovens and fryers, which are very similar to those used at Panda Express.. Are you resourceful when it comes to resolving customer issues? "Thank you for asking - I do have a few questions. ", "When I have a difficult customer I will try to kill them with kindness. 661 solutions. In total, I took 12 vacation days out of my 15 allotted days. Your input helps Glassdoor refine our pay estimates over time. Test. Know Your Worth. Read our Terms of Use for more information. Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives. ", "It depends on the situation. Training: As a shift leader, youre responsible for training new employees and ensuring that all employees are following the companys standards. It was intimidating, but I felt a rush at the same time. Associate discounts for many brands Growing your career as a Full Time Shift Leader is an incredible opportunity to develop excellent skills. Is honesty always the best policy? Average salary for Panda Express Shift Leader in Austin: $36,820. You can strengthen your answer further by talking about how your degree will benefit your career path. 2 Pesticides Also, what types of career growth opportunities would follow this position? Test Scores This information is unavailable to unknown [or unregistered] users High School Information High School: Edison High School( Fresno, CA) State: . ", "I've heard and seen, that Panda Express provides a positive environment that actively embraces family values and assists employees in reaching their potential.". I guided new employees through the onboarding process as well as continued advanced training.". 8. funds properly stored In safe, 4 Temperature This approach focuses on making small, incremental changes over time in order to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of operations. If possible, keep your reply related to the career path for which you are interviewing. "I spend a lot of my free time volunteering at the local animal shelter. Match. Using Interjections in Sentences. You can enhance your response by also talking about how cleanliness protects not only customers but also employees, which helps ensure appropriate staffing levels. It is also important for shift leaders to be able to motivate their teams and provide feedback on performance. By leveraging data insights, shift leaders can make better decisions that will improve efficiency and profitability. In the case of overtime, they did not abide by the regulations, and I had to speak up for my team. When answering this question, it's important that you share a past example of your leadership experiences. "I rate my communication skills as a 9/10 as I will, on occasion, have times when I am not as clear as I would like to be. standingeagle1. Then, share how you approached management to express your team's needs and why you felt this would result in a negative response. They must also be able to work independently and as part of a team. We hire professional interviewers (people with multiple years of experience interviewing candidates) to help us create our interview questions and write answer examples. 48 terms. Please note these are practice interview questions and we are not affiliated with the company mentioned in this post. 7.no sae key-emergency When can the manager rely on you to be there? Employees at Panda express pay a median salary around $24000 annually in the United States. Make sure you have an answer ready for this question because they will ask it. 2 Employees 6.cash pull- dont exceed $600 However, you need to go deeper by talking about how you respond in situations that require a quick solution. Previous experience in a customer service or restaurant setting is preferred, but not required. A valid drivers license and reliable transportation are also required. Associate discounts for many brands ", "I understand that setbacks happen from time to time. Our restaurants are the heart and soul of our company, and we believe our people are the recipe for success. It can be as simple as a time you influenced your coworkers to act or respond in a certain way. ", "Cleanliness is extremely important especially in this industry and in this time of Covid. What do you enjoy about the culture, and how does it align with what you are seeking? (14) Sincerely. How does the Internet help cultural diffusion happen constantly? Website. With Panda Express's reputation for the development and advancement of employees, I see no limit to where I could go within the company.". (9) I am upset. If you could choose the focus of your training, what would you pick? Monterey Park, CA. Example: Ive worked in food service for over five years now, so Im quite comfortable with handling money. ", "Yes, I have a food handlers card several times over the years. Learn. Free meals while working at Panda Customers love when you go above and beyond for them which will, in turn, generate more business. A great example of my honesty would be the written reference that I have from my most recent employer. If there is a reason you believe you require an accommodation, please reach out to Human Resources. Ask The Interviewer: Work From Home Edition, Cover Letters are Hard to Write, But This is Why They Matter. On-Going Career & Leadership Development Some high school Panda express employees' hourly wages are $14.Employees in panda express can make $35000 and $26000, respectively. This is also best answered by sharing an example of a time when you assessed a problem, worked to resolve it, achieved a positive outcome, and then addressed the root cause to prevent the issue from recurring. This is a great answer because Panda Express will get very busy at certain times of the day and you will sound like someone who can be counted on to remain focused during this time. So PIC can mean different things. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Shift Leader (FT) - Panda Express - DFW Airport. Share details about how you communicated with your team to help them understand the goal and their unique roles. Employees must prepare hot and cold foods, use Chinese cook knife and other kitchen equipment and work quickly without losing accuracy. ", "I know every company's protocols are different but my first instinct would be to immediately contact HR to determine how to proceed.". That is a primary motivator. ", "Yes. If possible, let the interviewer know you can work on weekends and/or holidays. 1. bank desposit daily There was never a discrepancy. Match. Flashcards. marvelousbodine4097. be all in for highest engagement and excute now! ", "I am happy to take any food safety courses that you recommend. 92 terms. This is what makes your interview answer uniquely yours. Performance Monitoring: As a shift leader, you may be responsible for monitoring the performance of your team members. The food was hot and fresh when we visited- everyone was super nice and it was just a memorable experience- the location is clean and the food fresh. Consider talking about your approach to managing team performance and disciplining/terminating employees. This question can help the interviewer determine your leadership skills and how you might apply them to a new role. Once my manager returned she was very pleased with the progress that I made, and I was promoted. With close to 2,300 locations globally, we continue our mission of delivering exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where people are inspired to better their lives. Additionally, shift leaders should be familiar with mobile apps that allow customers to order ahead of time or pay online. "I have handled very challenging customers in my previous roles and can remain professional through all situations. Then find a resolution and finally determine how it began in the first place.". ", "There are certain levels of stress in every job. We like the sound of that. Based on 1 salaries posted anonymously by Panda Express Shift Leader employees in Columbia. We're committed to being your source for expert career guidance. I recently watched the video of Connie Chung, the first Asian woman to co-anchor the national news. Learn more here. This is another great chance to make your answer more impactful and unique to you by sharing an example of a time when you took responsibility for your team's failure in an effort to resolve a customer issue. If you are applying for an entry-level position then dress business casual. "I handle stress very well, and when you call my references, they will attest to this fact. If it's a difficult customer who shook me up, I will take a breather outside for a moment. As shift leaders gain experience and demonstrate their leadership skills, they may be promoted to assistant manager. If this is your first job tell them that you have been focusing on school and now you are anxious to prove yourself in the workforce. Panda was founded in 1983 in Glendale, California Panda Express is the largest family-owned American Chinese Restaurant concept in America. Here is a copy for you. Did you perform team training or one-on-one training? How would you measure my success and what could I do to meet your expectations? The foodservice industry could not survive without maintaining the proper levels of cleanliness.". Heres another example: I worked at a fast-food chain in my last job. If you know of any industry-specific certifications required of you, be sure to address those in the discussion. "Experiencing a setback is always disappointing, and can be a bit disheartening, but I understand that it happens from time to time. Great job! Some businesses have trouble with employee theft, and they need to make sure that they are hiring someone who is honest and trustworthy. 5 hand sink reaches 110 in 1 min, 3 comp. The customer is not waiting long for their order. State that you dont think money is a great motivator but that taking the time to praise your employees for good work goes a long way. The interviewer wants to know if your reactions to problems reflect maturity and professionalism. It is the largest Asian restaurant chain in the United States, with over 2,000 locations. However, this answer could benefit from being more specific. hurray. ", "I generally take a total of three weeks a year. Shift Leaders must be able to handle stressful situations and remain calm under pressure. As a Shift Lead, you gain a diverse range of skills to develop yourself and others. Help make it more accurate by adding yours. While empathizing with the customer is an important part of customer service, consider taking it a step further by describing your customer service skills in more detail. "For the most part, my company abides by all labor regulations. If being a good leader means being a follower, then that's the role I would take. This includes understanding how to use new software systems for ordering, inventory management, customer service, and more. Copyright 2008-2023, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Shift Leader Job in Georgetown, TX. Example: In my last position as a server at a local restaurant, I was promoted to lead cook after our regular cook went on vacation. Panda Express shift leader; Activity. A good leader takes the initiative, listens and communicates well with others. I had already learned how to work well with others, so I just applied those same principles to leading a team.. I love that your signature dish, the orange chicken, was created in the 1980's and remains your most popular dish. A shift leader at Panda Express is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the restaurant. You can strengthen this answer by talking about how you handle a setback. Can you tell us about a time you went above and beyond for a customer? Rather than talking in general terms, talk about a specific time when you gathered the team, developed an action plan, and then accomplished the goal. You will support in creating a vibrant and welcoming environment for our guests. Shift Lead Panda Express 8411 Bent Branch Drive, Irving, TX 75063 Interview as soon as Wed, 2:00 PM. (13) Please notify me of your plan. If you want to ace your upcoming interview, practice with our topical-based interview question sets. (11) As a result of my difficulty, I would like the termination fee waived and want to receive a partial refund on the bills I have paid. happyme3453. For example, if the company provides tuition assistance, advanced training, or leadership development programs talk about how those are long-term investments in employee and company success. Share the role you play and your contribution as well as what you enjoy about it. 11 no rodents ", "A setback is always disappointing, but it also creates a learning opportunity. I can see where you're going with this response! Discuss with the interviewer how you typically cope with delays in the workplace. Our Panda Shift Leader associates are important leaders of our team and are responsible for bringing Pandas mission alive in our restaurants by supporting management in creating food with passion, service with heart and ambiance with pride. Great answer! How would you deal with a difficult customer? Of course, your posts always make me hungry! Shift leaders must also understand the importance of data analytics in making informed decisions about staffing, menu items, promotions, and other aspects of running a successful business. Example: I feel like I thrive in fast-paced environments. Great! I am a trustworthy person with a strong track record of honesty with my previous employers. How would you describe your ideal candidate for this position? Casual dining has a higher turnover rate than many industries, and it's often to no fault of the company. Why did you choose that particular rating for yourself? It required a lot of patience, but it helped me to recognize my leadership potential. Walk the interviewer through your process when it comes to making quick decisions. With proper communication, everyone is aware of their role in the process.". Upgrade to remove ads. Test. Whether through sharing good food with guests or providing opportunities for professional and personal growth with associates, all are embraced in a genuine family environment that is uniquely Panda. . Share some of your strengths to show you have qualities in both categories. ", "I was always raised to be honest so yes - I do believe that honesty is the best policy. Or maybe you are limited on time and have a deadline rapidly approaching. Panda Express has a strong reputation for developing and promoting their employees which is something that I am excited about. I would choose you over your competitors because your organization seems genuine, honest, and you do what you can to encourage growth in your employees. Regarding Panda . Applicants to the Panda Leaders Scholarship Program must: Positions: Be full-time Panda Restaurant associates, in the position of Shift Leader, Training Leader, General Manager, Assistant Manager, Chef, Cook, Multi-Unit Manager or Support Center Associate (up to P3 level.) Delegating to subordinates also helps alleviate stress to a degree.". "I would like to see my experience in leadership grow over the next few years. Apply for A Shift Leader jobs that are part time, remote, internships, junior and senior level. Interviewers will expect you to have done research on the company and familiarized yourself with the basics of what they offer. Consider improving your answer by talking about any steps you'd take before calling HR. "If I could further my education in any way I would choose to expand my knowledge in training a variety of Asian kitchen and cooking techniques. Kitchens are hot and noise levels are usually high; storage space is limited and shelving is high. ", "I would like to see a long-term fit with Panda Express. ", "Stress is part of any demanding job, and I have learned to embrace it. Good Standing: With alignment from a Panda OPS leader, employees must meet expectations and there must be a individual . We value diversity in all forms and know the strength it brings. Staying on deadline is very helpful, and I will delegate when necessary to alleviate some stress. ", "When I was promoted to training coordinator with my current employer, I only had one week of training before I began the new position. If possible, share an example of a time when you successfully worked with an employee or team to take corrective action and improve performance. "I have researched Panda Express and read a lot about your company culture and customer service philosophy. As a shift leader, it is essential to understand how to create and maintain high performing teams that can work together efficiently and effectively. What would you do if a team member was not performing well? The interviewer would like to know that you can professionally and tactfully handle demanding customers and challenging situations. The Assistant General Manager is an entry-level management position responsible for day-to-day supervision of non-management associates, assigning specified work, focusing on store level operation performance, coaching and developing subordinate Shift Supervisors and other non-management associates and performing all other responsibilities as . Honestly, it wasn't anyone's fault, and I understand that sometimes the blame needs to land somewhere when corporate is looking for answers. Great Compensation Package and Bonus Opportunity. I see that you mention ABC and XYZ in your job posting. You must create your own answers, and be prepared for any interview question in any interview. They may also earn additional compensation in the form of bonuses. Panda Express Colorado Springs, CO. be impeccable with our worlds and actions. Panda Express- Shift Leader. Panda Express Shift Leaders work in a fast-paced, customer-oriented environment. The interviewer would like to know if you have taken any food specific training or certifications? * Within the range, individual pay is determined using various factors, including work location and experience. You can improve this answer by talking about your rate of accuracy with cash handling and deposits. Otherwise, try and tell them how your previous work experience relates to the job you are applying for at Panda Express. I was sick just 2, and a note from my Doctor accompanied those. Shift Leader. Posted: (6 days ago) Panda Express 3.6 Orlando, FL 32827 (Orlando International Airport area) Estimated $28.4K - . Now, I will step back and review my options for solving the problem rather than allow myself to become frustrated. Will it help you hone specific skills or provide expertise in new areas? What opportunities will I have to learn and grow? To be considered for the position of Shift Leader at Panda Express, applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Average salary for Panda Express Shift Leader in Columbia: $16. How to Answer: Why Do You Want to Work Here? How would you define excellent customer service? Can you tell us about your previous work experience? I can also provide references that would attest to my commitment.". I have been working at Panda Express for five years now, and I love being able to work alongside such friendly people. ", "I like the culture Panda Express offers. **Candidates must meet, and continue to meet if employed, eligibility requirements for each benefit to qualify. I eventually not only learned the position but was promoted to be a designated trainer where I would train new training coordinators from other centers.". As the restaurant industry continues to evolve, Panda Express Shift Leaders must stay up-to-date with the latest technology and digital transformation trends. Which word in sentence 1 is a direct object? ", "I would describe my customer service skills as consistent, positive, and energetic. 3.no shared registers 2. doors are locked during closed hours Our Panda Shift Leader associates are important leaders of our team and are responsible for bringing Pandas mission alive in our restaurants by supporting management in creating food with passion, service with heart and ambiance with pride. - Is there anything from my background and experience that I can clarify for you? Click the links below to learn more about E-Verify. All interview questions are created by MockQuestions.com and are not official interview questions for any organization listed on MockQuestions.com. The "Most Likely Range" represents values that exist .
Which Executive Departments Administers Federal Tribal Laws?, Articles P