I have cuts on tape from the sixties. Czech rep. Brantice (24/03/2001). Leenders gesproken via Radio Nacional de Hi! There was some noise and some drop outs indeed, but I enjoyed it. I'm 36 years old. Then as a teenager, and I still do..living in The Arctic Part of Norway the NME TOP TWENTY LIST was written down and taken to the school next morning. Victor Malone GRAZIE Ref: MS 387 Title: Radio Luxembourg Archive Scope: Documents presented to the University of Sheffield by Doreen Williams, the widow of Stephen Williams, Director General of English Language Broadcasting, in February 1999. What I find amazing is that stuff I loved then, my son and daughter, now in their twenties, like Jethro Tull, just the same as I did 40 years back. Pete Booth Bob Stewart did the " This IS Radio Luxembourg, broadcasting on an omni-directional frequencyetc..and a goodnight and a good morning to you, wherever you may be " speech, followed by the song I'm searching for, then came the Luxembourg national anthem. Denmark (17/12/001). Malcolm Humfress Peter was ok, but it is Frans van de Drift who lingers in our memories. I found your site by pure accident. The Radio 208 was a fountain for every young rock-guy to talk about the Top Twenty to feel about the pop music, we loved Luxy. But I was very glad that they gave me a copy of the famous Top Twenty Tune! I remained awake at nights only to capture his voice and swinging music on the air. Good Job. I am 47 years old.Radio Luxembourg englisch service listening from 1972 year.My favorite jocks was: Bob Stewart,Peter Antony,David Lee-Stones,Tony Prince,Jodie Scott,Shaun Tilley.I am very glad for Radio Luxembourg is back on the air. My very best wishes to you and any of my excolleagues who may happen to come across this entry (that is, of course, if you decide to include it). However the thing is that there was never a station like Luxembourg, either then or Since the year of 1973 when I began Listen RTL on 208, I spent 19 years working and living in Lux. What a fab site. Great site. Gliwice, Poland (12/05/2006). 124. My favourite show was of course Sunday's Top Twenty with " Your DJ BA" sponsored by Mr Horace Batchelor in Kaynsham spelt Kaynsham Middlesex. I remember buying my very first transistor radio in the late 60's and tuning into Radio Luxembourg every night, underneath the sheets. Roberth Walve Sweden (10/07/1998). Emile Grivel Wall, England (14/05/2012). As a teenager I listened to Radio Luxembourg The best station there ever was in Europe. !best regards selling their records. Perhaps, this is a temporary station problem. 772.Memories of teenage years brought to life again.Fantastic site to turn the clock back a while.Thankyou! XRadio Luxembourg was in the 60's facing strong competition from the Pirate radio stations that broadcast from ships or marine forts out at sea, and this was the main reason behind the many experiments and upratings of transmitter power to improve the station's reception quality over England. Carrie Clark I used to listen to Luxembourg in North I have been in the USA since 1973 and am now a US citizen. I do have lots of taped Why not put a link on your site! 264. and the other fellows who were regularsback then? Hello, Dick. Andy Thacker Great site. funeral tributes wairarapa. 271. Johan M. Hgvoll I kept tuning in into the 70's and then lost track of Luxy until I found a local radio station that relayed the satellite broadcast after their own programs. another quarter hour or half an hour. Dear sir: I remember a late night programme on the radio in 1980 called "Music your Mother wouldn't like". Play Top 40 Songs (Playlist) Luxembourg , Week #361 Listen to all entries in this chart. I also heard the German programes in the afternoon when I came home from school and sometimes the Dutch service in the morning, between 7.30 a.m. and 1 p.m. appreciate any information Thank you. Unfortunately the station was prone to fading/interferance. Yes, I too had a green eye, not in my radio, but in my tape recorder. I was an avid listner for years. Great page Dick! 9 (-) Tears Of A Clown (S.Robinson & Mir.) WEST LOTHIAN SCOTLAND (20/07/2007). Download Hungama Music app to get access to unlimited free mp3 songs, free movies, music album, latest music videos, online radio, new TV shows and much more at Hungama. 486. 2 (9) Signed, Sealed, Deliv (Stevie Wonder) Gordon Baron 208, what memories. These were the days when music was music. I visited your Web site after finding it through the US Radio Lux. Shoreham-by-Sea (06/09/2002). San Vito al Tagliamento ITALY 04/06/2003). June 29, 2022; seattle seahawks schedule 2023; psalms in spanish for funeral He was found at his flat in Roundhay, Leeds, on Saturday - just two days before his 85th birthday. NFL; Near You. And thank you for the memories. I was a proud member of Jimmy I listened in the 70 s when i was about 8 or 9, under the covers when everyone else was asleep ! Miroslav Dusek In the late 80's I listened to Caroline but still tuned to gehouden met de "ouwetjes", we horen er Belgium (24/08/2002). all - yours sincerely, Tony Hall) is in 563. The website cannot function properly without these files, they can only be disabled by changing your browser settings or by using our website in "Incognito" mode. but there were times when it would grow 409. Thank you, once again, for a SUPERB site ! Ron O'Quinn Install the free Online Radio Box app for your smartphone and listen to your favorite radio stations online - wherever you are! 692. I spent 6 years in America and was in Memphis and twice backstage at the Grand OLe Opry and I met in person : Hank Snow , Bill Monroe , Roy Acuff , Jean Shepard , Porter Wagoner , FErlin Husky , Boxcar Willie , Bobby Vinton to name just a few. 401. Manu The American cowboy folk-singer"Rambling Jack Elliott" recorded a series of radio shows for 208 in the early 1960's.I am looking for information about the shows and audio tapes? Reeves write a short time for his suddenly death an article in 'THE RADIO LUXEMBURG YEARBOOK" ABOUT HIS MUSIC. 339. 17 Mr. Blue Mike Preston Decca Bridgetown, Barbados (24/11/2009). Wonderful, happy memories. down - and out of those in the pub, only myself and a guy from the middle of a tiny Many questions are asked about the station closing down in English. Paolo Rovelli Talking about a Blast From The Past! With the advent of commercial TV in the UK, Radio Luxembourg's star waned and it was another pirate radio station that ruled the 1960s, setting the template for stations whose main concern was the . I'm bored. Then there were of course the Ovaltinies. Have you got this? all the best for now regards john murphy. Is it Much saddened. Got to add the single from sunshilk shampoo! Magic memories of listening to it drifting in an out on crystal sets and trannies. Would especially like to hear from any Luxy fans in Finland! Since than I cannot find this nice song. Dieren (Nederland) (27/09/2002). 17. a very faithful listener back in the 50s and 60s. Brian Matthews (picture caption) should be Brian Matthew resting place). shows Salisbury, England (20/02/2001). Bob Hind Thanks Timothy Garvey I wont forget It. How do we use Cookies. Now the deejays had to play the records by themself; no engineers anymore. I listened to 208 in the late 1950's on a crystal set with a spring mattress as an aerial. You have a very well developed site. Very nice site! We really had a lot of fun with them. www.davesden.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk. Tony Prince was a top DJ on the Europe-wide station, which. 798. 411. I have a catchy single on the HMV label from about 1961/2 called "Midnight In Luxembourg" by The Charles Blackwell Orchestra (A Joe Meek production). The studio has changed. 649. Puyallup, WA USA (22/04/2002). Glasgow (23/01/2004). How great are all recollections of those nights when tuning Radio Koos de Ruijter Electro . I started listening RL at 17 in college during night in 1958.I had a small transistor Sony with earphone.This improved my English skill quite a lot. 421. en dat was natuurlijk Photo's should be photos. Western Australia (13/11/2003). Krakow, Poland (09/04/2006). 577. sadly long gone now but never forgotten,. How exciting to find your website. 1 maart 1948 (!!) every Sundaynight at eleven 'o' clock. Jaggu Ani Juliet Song - Download Jaggu Ani Juliet mp3 song free online. Metod Kolla 709. in the mid-'60s, i used to listen to WLS in chicago, which was pretty good for an AM station. I listened to Radio Lux while stationed at RAF High Wycombe with the USAF European Weather Central and from RAF Croughton from 1970 - 1973. I remember about my pocket radio under my pillow in the sixties, listeneing to top 20 at midnight, then the long car rides to the north of my country during my time in the army. near Dsseldorf (Wlfrath) (09/07/2001). Best Radio Luxembourg memory.Roger In the middle of 70's I had my famous song played on Radio of Luxemburg with the title "Slowdown". Best regards. bij ! Words fail me - just listened to Steve Conway singing 'At The End Of The Day' I am pleased to find this site on 'Luxy'. USA (04/03/2001). www.casarosa.com.pt Andy Offringa 5 (20) The Love You Save (Jackson 5) Good reception too. DJ bij de streekradio Twente FM. A brilliant site. The fading is fabulous. Graham Hobbs Longmont,Colorado USA (28/02/2001). Soeren Pedersden For me, Rob Jones has always remained the best DJ ever. In the mean time the engineer was sitting at the window; kissing his girlfriend. The jingle RADIO LUXEMBOURG, I am interested in radio i use to find the signal propagation interesting in times of aurora flutter and in summer months early evening the sig was vry weak it took a gud antenna outside to pick it up. London, England (06/04/2010). At four o' clock that night Radio Luxembourg was closing their On summer you was silent her in the cold north. Limerick (17/12/2003). Vienna, Austria (20/07/2001). I'm so greatfull that i found you, i was listening to you in Poland in 1967, 68, 69 i left poland toward the end of 1969, so many years later it almost brought me to tears, just amazing - i am back at 17 years old! in South Africa. It sounds like everyone really enjoyed themselves tremendously. What do I remember and miss? Hinckley, UK (12/09/2012). night. I still remember the lines. HEnce laterally the Carolines! Very good site! Won 'Are You Lonesome Tonight' and two other singles on the (Decca) American 'Hot Ten'circa 60/61. wonder if that is possible? Karsten Jensen Best wishes & thanks again, My favourite was always the Top Twenty on (I believe) Sunday night at 11:00 p.m. Mats Elfstrm I am writing a book covering my time there (1958 -1975) and since I was a keen photographer,I shall be using many of my photos. I like too much this web. Fettercairn, Scotland (14/01/2007). Hakan Almroth Karlskrona, Sweden (28/05/2004). Hi Thank you so very, very much from the deep of my heart! Is there anybody who knows what happened to Petr+Pavel who released "Laska" single on Page One label in November 1968 and Radio 208 gave them a power play then? Play / pause. came across The Station Of The Stars, Radio Luxembourg at 208 Meters. I used to tune in regurlarly to RL. Sweden (06/06/2003). In those days this was the only 229. Duesseldorf, Germany (05/02/2003). 179. Tranent near Edinburgh (12/07/2001). Keith Ridley, Tampa, FL (17/12/2001). 43. Do you or anyone know what he is doing know? I listened to RL, like so many others at night, under the blankets, while I still lived in Nijmegen Holland. Congratulations, and thanks for making such an intersting website. I enjoyed it very must. 711. Hej Dick, Kees Brinkerink Stig Karlsson 694. I can also remember that the best place to listen was often in the car, car radios seemed to tune in more easily! Radio Luxembourg was my favourite radio station of my youth in sixties and the Top Twenty on Sunday evenings stay unforgettable.This station stay in my heart forever. Thanks ever so much for this page. Not only is the answer on your site, but the song is as well! 425. I imagine she would share it if you are interested. Anatoly Anatol'evith Marknesse Netherlands (04/08/2002). It brings back so many memories of when I was a lad listening to 208 on my little battery powered transistor radio under the bed covers. Belgium (27/07/2003). 771. San Francisco, USA (03/09/2008). 679. Hi 393. Just found your website tonight. Joe from Sydney, Australia (10/7/1999). Ik hep geverked bey de wereldomroop in Hilversum voor twai yarren {before} de tait Kent, UK (25/10/2009). Sat 18.02 Sun 19.02 Mon 20.02 Tue 21.02 Wed 22.02 Thu 23.02 Fri 24.02 Show by radio station time ( now in Luxembourg 21:50) Recommended Radio Latina ROM 106.5 FM 521. 586. Radio Luxembourg was the only station that played the music we wanted to hear, being so far away from home. plays rock music with commercials and it bills itself as the world's biggest. Great Station! Belgium (12/01/2005). My dear friend! Antony e.t.c. After him Much time has passed, but the emotions experienced with Radio Luxembourg, they are still alive and rooted in our minds. Long time no see! I realise I might mention I actually presented the Top Twenty on 208 at one stage - I think twice only, as Don Wardell was on leave. Ja, op 'good old Radio Luxembourg' luisterde ik naar de eerste pop-muziek in muzikaal behang van acceptabele ontvangstkwaliteit in mijn toen nog niet verwende Tim Blackmore Hope to hear from you. This is a GREAT site-- thanks! Morten Glenn Olsen London (16/07/2002). THE TOP 20 LIST WAS THE TOP OF THAT DAY! When I arrived at Bitburg,Germany (Aug.1969), I bought a radio and search the band for station and found radio Lux. Slobodan Erceg The biblical first time she ever heard his celestial tones would be an illuminating experience that opened her eyes to the possibilities that could be unlocked . Once again, THANKS. 479. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you for initiating such a wonderful tribute site to enable us to keep these golden memories for ever. I remember the first time I stayed awake long enough to hear the Luxembourg National Anthem, I was a 16 year old schoolboy. Some fans did though, and posted them online, but with some years missing, including 1971 1972 and parts of 1973. Ik blijf met de vraag zitten wat voor jouw de aanleiding was om Radio Luxemburg Hi Dick, Dave Charnley Are there any other 70s' punk fans out there? Shreveport, USA (31/10/2009). Khazahstan (08/12/07). Hi Dick, If you like you let your viewers know that I'm on the air every Saturday and Sunday on KWXY.com - Saturday: 7:00 AM to noon Pacific Standard Time and Sunday: 9:00 AM to noon Pacific Standard Time. Wojtek Newelski Gunars. Yes like millions of others my life was changed by this station. University of Chicago (11/01/2001). Bye Bye. 298. Jaren na mijn Enschedese tijd drong tot me door, dat Radio Luxemburg 's nachts The station. Australia, my place of origin, is so far away. Top 100 Stations. Many will recall that the great 1962 Eurovision Song Contest was televised from the Concert Hall of Radio Luxembourg. I listened to Radio Luxembourg throughout the 60@ & always listened on a Sunday evening to the Top Twenty. Het luisteren had toch bepaalde charme he! I have Luxy airchecks if you want..let me know! Yours mono valve tape recorders. Wat een AM modulatie.. became better in the middle of the night. at all times because of the interference with other stations (at the Middle East, if I'm not mistaken). Just had it fully restored but there are none of the old recordings from the 50s available i"ve been told? Radio Luxenbourg was a good friend with a lot of music, jingles and DJs during my teenager nights Story and other infos about the Radio are new and interesting for me. Oh how I loved 208!! This page brought back some great memories, bring back 208. If you want to hear more - email me. strips between the tape on the reel. Steve England By a canal (5/5/1999). I'm From Khazahstan! 11 (5) Lola (Kinks) Nov 2021 - Present1 year 5 months. high tower from the middles ages; build in the beautiful park in the centre of Luxembourg-city. I am interested in the adverts and game shows from that period. That time I met Dick, congrats to your fab site! 456. 817. 261. with discjockey Thanks for the memories the site is great. Our playlist stores a Free Radio Luxembourg track list for the past 7 days. I was really moved to hear the sound-bites on real audio, read the text and see the pictures of a radio station that meant so much to me. Jens Peter Madsen Paul Just found out that the station was closed. Thanks for the History. foto,s op de site, zo blijven we op de I remember lots of The words were something like: Staffan Kindgren As an Air Force brat I used to listen to radio Lux while living in Ramstein and Bitburg Germany. Wojciech Grochowski, Wroclaw, Poland (25/12/2011). Chard Somerset England (01/11/2003). Thank you for sharing all the 208-memories with us. Transdiffusion 394. to late 80's. I listened to radio Luxembourg on 208M Would you like to help me and send information, where I can find a Top List of RL - 1967-1972. Amitis tous les auditeurs et aux dj's, merci pour ce trs beau site. 302. See you there! Kisses to all:) Andy Green It was an instrumental and I dearly would love to know who it was? I,m a support worker and wonder if you could help me? You forgot Shaw Taylor. Jim einiges mitgeschnitten haben UND NOCH BESITZEN !!!!! 2 things surprised me: Shaw Taylor and Muriel Young read from a script, and the guest act, The Toys mimed (on radio!) now. Grimsby, United Kingdom (07/09/2005). autistic and wants to know what time Paul Burnetts show was in 1973,I would It's a shame that R.Lux is targeted at the UK only on 7295kHz SW in Digital Radio Mondiale format(DRM). Today it's hard to believe how "starved" we were of pop music in the early 60s, and how 208 was our lifeline. Russell Kent EPFC, PO Box 4, Leicester LE1 3ZL, England (05/09/2006). I really enjoyed your website. brings back lovely memories of my childhood. 773. Chris Keating I would This is a time warped luxie fan remembering sponsored by Horlicks, with my uncle. Paul Hirschberg Regards Francis Saliba Last Sunday 1st July '07 a ceremony was held to honour DJ Alan Fluff Freeman Alan Jarvie 724. 130. 238. Oak Park, USA (01/11/2009). Later Radio Nord started but Radio Joseph Takacs Northern Ireland (17/10/2002). 516. Do you have any info in this? 361. naar Luxemburg-stad was gereden Odense N, Denmark (15/05/2010). What happend to Johnny WalkerI was in love listening to him on the radio! Orlando Florida, USA (07/11/2009). My wish is that R. Luxy will come back on air soon - as Radio Caroline. that I first heard Eddie Arnold singing 137. They used it to broadcast mainly military and orchestral music until in 1929 the Anen brothers jumped into bed with Radio Toulouse to create Compagnie Nationale de Radiodiffusion . See "Den Store Radioverden" (The Great radio World). Much sting.This loss of a part to lifes, a part showers I've just found your site - and it's jubilation! Great stuff!! Radio Luxembourg Archive. Ballina, Ireland (02/10/2011). Northern Ireland (15/02/2004). cigarette adverts. In m'n middelbare schooltijd ('59 - '65) heb ik heel wat naar Luxemburg en Cheers for now Good luck. Stenton, Scotland (20/10/2005). some of those power plays still come into my head from time to time. 699. gave myself and all my friends so much over the years. Thanks! task in our area: the signal was poor, it 432. Didn't hear it for more than 30 years. Radio Luxembourg brought so much pleasure to us all and I's just like to thank all the d.j. 619. There was nothing finer than listening to Barry Alldis late on a Sunday night and into the early hours. day!! It's a shame they put the shortwaves to rest in the early nineties, it's what made the station "Planet Earth's biggest commercial radio station". Bob Stewart on a Sunday night with the top hits run-down and the Tony Prince programmes were my favourites, together with the Peter Styvasaint (or however you spell it!) But, why the CLT closedown Program's should be programmes (unless you're in America, computers have programs and radio and TV have programmes - and no apostrophes). ooo 212. Washington, Missouri, USA (03/03/2001). 356. Just seeing the DJs names brings back wonderful memories. I always went to sleep listening to it when stationed at RAF Chicksands. A real pleasure to read this. Robert Janik Great memory,s. Australia (Previous UK) (10/03/2005). Congratulations from Costa Rica. 13 (-) Make It With You (Bread) A lot of nostalgic memories. PS,does anyone remember around 1948 Teddy Johnson did a telephone link-up with Doris Day,he was asking her about her latest film Romance on the High Seas in which she sang It's Magic.Well he got her to do a duet with him on the phone and of coarse it went out over the air waves,he had a good voice and I think he was married to Pearl Carr,either that or they sang together. 818. radio luxembourg power playlist. Exclusively AC/DC 3. The last night of Luxembourg (1992) was also relayed on many U.K. commercial stations so we were able to listen in FM stereo. Chris Naylor Dear Dick, FANTASTIC! 585. A great site for a great station! Ral Saavedra Franco Scuri Frankfurt am Main, Germany (08/09/2008). 205. felipe olcina By Language. I started with Radio Luxembour on long wave before 208 and all those sponsored programmes on Sundays - music, drama, comedy, quizes and then Dane Dare every weekday on 208. 353. Mike Grant So glad it's been re-launced. Is there a way to find out such things? I always found that there was an slight 'alternative' blend of pop, such as the Batchelors, Wayne Fontana, Adge Gummidge and Johnny Kidd, as opposed to Beatles, Beatles and Beatles. Discover radio stations from all over the world and stream live radio now. Is it at all possible to buy tapes of the shows? These memories are still on my mind and I will never forget them. Those were the days. it never ceases to cheer my memories. City of Orebro in middlesweden (03/04/2006) SM4BNJ.. 574. when I was doing my military job in my country near by syria on 1978, I was still your listener. Oh, how wonderful is to see the site! Please mail me back. Nostalgia rules!! hanging at the ceiling. On a par with "Deck of Cards" in my opinion but there's no accounting for taste ;-) Thanks, Cora Francis I am really interested to follow what happens with the station in the near future. At the peak of its broadcasting history, Radio Luxembourg's reach was an impressive 78 million listeners per day. 208 almost three thousand miles away. 3 (10) Rainbow (Marmalade) It was a nightmare, really beyond description. To begin with, it must have been obvious to any knowledgeable person listening as to what was happening. I almost had a job on a pirate radio ship located off shore of the uk back in 1984. it was one of the things in life i should of done. Pino Florence, Italy (11/08/2004). But I have 57 of years. 419. Do you have any archive recordings of 208 from the sixties or seventies. Thanks. What a fantastic site! Dick, thanks for taking the time to keep this site updated for so long.
Pepsi Overtime Lawsuit, Norwood Basketball Club, How To Disassemble A Knight Disc Muzzleloader, Luiafk Crafting Recipes, Articles R