Yes, if there is availability in the My Time Dining Room, we would be happy to accommodate the request. 0000433627 00000 n 0000008654 00000 n If you want to walk in then you might have to wait for a suitable one to become available, while if youve booked it should be ready for you when you arrive. My Time Dining is now a choice within the booking process. Traditional seating will mean that guests will keep the same wait staff and dining companions throughout the cruise. You can even switch from My Time Dining to Traditional if you booked before understanding the differences, but you might end up with late dining depending on when you make the change, as early tends to book up quickly. The included tip amount varies by cruise line, but is typically 15% to 20% of the bill. 0000417308 00000 n Australians typically do not tip because the minimum wage in Australia is $20.33 AUD/hr ($14.56 USD/hr). That said, some people do leave a little extra for crew members who go above and beyond. There have been both positive and negative reports on Royal Caribbeans My Time Dining. 0000916809 00000 n Details: Gratuities are included in the fare. Still reserve a table if you can otherwise, you might be waiting with a grumbling stomach until a table becomes free if you just walk in. Our goal has been to provide our readers with expansive coverage of all aspects of the Royal Caribbean experience. Just make sure to turn up at the reserved time. The Amex Platinum comes with access to a premium concierge service that can help you with everything from booking hard-to-get reservations to finding destination guides to help you plan out your next getaway. The big advantage to paying cruise tips in advance is that you lock in the current rate. On a cruise ship there are so many activities and fun shows, that it can be easy to lose tract of time, and not having to worry about being at diner at a specific time works for some people. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site (including, for example, the order in which they appear). It's kind of a runaround to personally get to everyone who is included (my opinion). The problem is, I cant see anywhere how to prepay the gratuities? Have you noticed over the years that daily grats have been increasing almost every year to make up for the non tippers. So with My Time Dining, you might lose some of that experience, but the flexibility of your own table and time is often preferable anyway. u"7QV-gL)qO^>#~r{e7|W(WFAX>B|zj&u{P$LEi7+?X!^ The mandatory 20% gratuity comes out to nearly $22 per day. %PDF-1.4 % 0000906618 00000 n However, each ship does also offer specialty dining for an additional fee. 0000819210 00000 n View All Cruises The standard gratuities of $13.50 per person per day for JS and below, and $16.50 per person per day for GS and better. Display as a link instead, We'll run a soft credit check to find special offers, but it wont affect your credit score. 0000891812 00000 n You need to contact your TA and have her add it to your invoice in order to prepay gratuities. Jon can be reached at. Contact Us Get support by Phone or Email 866-562-7625 Email Your Questions Locate a Travel Agent I have just booked the allure this afternoon and was told by the iglu cruiserep that if I wanted my time dining then I would HAVE to pay the gratuities up front at the time of booking,but if I had first or second sitting then I didn't need to pay I was imformed that royal had made this part of their booking conditions 2 months ago.this is royal caribeans latest sneaky trick to get you to part with more money than you need to.the gratuities payment are VOLUNTARY you have the choise to pay them or request onboard the ship to take them off of your account . If you have selected My Time Dining for your next Royal Caribbean Cruise vacation, here's everything you need to know about how to book My Time Dining and secure your nightly dining reservations. 0000006046 00000 n Have our travel agency partner get you a free quote for a Royal Caribbean cruise. This can trick many cruisers into tipping twice. Ships registered in the Bahamas. For your convenience, prepaid gratuities are automatically added to your flexible option reservations. 0000003836 00000 n 0000892817 00000 n However, you can still make reservations, based on availability, once onboard. You do have to prepay your gratuities in order to sign up to My Time Dining. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached, or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Royal Caribbean Blog. If not, just leave blank, How to book My Time Dining on Royal Caribbean, What you need to know about Royal Caribbean's My Time Dining, Royal Caribbean My Time Dining versus Traditional Dining. Do I have to pre-reserve My Time Dining through Cruise Planner? Some guests choose to recognize particularly exceptional service with an additional cash gratuity on the last night of their cruise. But its not strict. Unlike Traditional Dining, My Time Dining is only marked as lasting for fifteen minutes. We want to do MTD, but Im asking will this stand without finding a way to prepay the gratuities beforehand (Id guessed it would have been in Cruise Planner but evidently not), The gratuities is distributed amongst the entire cruise staff including the dining staff. If you cancel prepaid gratuities, you can visit Guest Services once you are onboard and request they discontinue automatic gratuties. Also, once you have been seated and your meal is being served, no other guests will be sat at your table. 0000901784 00000 n Breakfast in the Main Dining Room is first come, first serve, regardless on whether or not you selected My Time or Traditional Dining. Since they are not . To request a call back from one of our cruise experts, kindly provide us with the details requested bellow and we will get back to you as soon as possible. . 0000738152 00000 n 0000427335 00000 n If youre already booked and have chosen the flexible option, you can easily pre-reserve specific days and times online. 0000005051 00000 n Someone else that pays more will take up the slack for you. The exact times, however, will vary according to your cruise itinerary. You no longer have to prepay gratuities if you select My Time Dining. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos, Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features, Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. There will be a My Time Dining check-in desk at the entrance to the dining room with wait staff to greet guests. In many cases, the service charges are adjustable. So by your definition no one should tip because others will make up the difference? 6 Things You MUST Know About Formal Night on a Royal Caribbean Cruise. Have you noticed over the years that daily grats have been increasing almost every year to make up for the non tippers. Can they join me in the My Time Dining Room? This is where you'll not only be able to make your My Time Dining reservations, but also where you can reserve shore excursions, drink packages, and more. That said, the total number of lines with a service fee has been shrinking over the years. Also (and I'm probably being the grammar police on this one) do you really mean "you HAVE to pay the gratuities up front at the time of booking" or do you mean they have to be added to your bill at time of booking? Reservations are strongly recommended. Wondering if anyone can help out with this? 0000896807 00000 n ;). On a Royal Caribbean cruise, you need to register for My Time Dining if you don't want a set dining time. It gives passengers prepaid gratuities, a single-device Wi-Fi plan and a basic beverage package for a single bundled price of $50 per person, per day. The actual times, however, will vary by sailing. If you are unable to book show times in advance via the Cruise Planner when you are making your My Time Dining reservations, you may end up booking a dinner time that clashes with one of the shows. CC Help Jenn Your previous content has been restored. Planning a cruise? Related: 9 times you do not need to tip on a cruise. Traditional seating will mean that guests will keep the same wait staff and dining companions throughout the cruise. Personally, I wouldn't dream of NOT tipping people that are doing me a service. If you opt out of daily gratuities your account will not be charged for them. Heres my confusion: I understand prepaid gratuities is required for My Time Dining. I am looking at cancelling my gratuities when I get on board so I can pay these personally. 0000916923 00000 n My Time Dining is one of the options youll get to choose from when you book your cruise. I'm travelling with guests from another stateroom who selected Traditional Dining. When you are reserving your cruise, you will be given the option to select "Traditional Dining" or "My Time Dining.". A world of culinary exploration awaits you onboard Royal Caribbean. The benefits of My Time Dining are that you decide who you eat with, and when. Understood, and many passengers also feel this way. Many cruise lines will tack an automatic gratuity charge onto the bill for extra-fee drinks, restaurant meals and spa treatments. 0000897240 00000 n We always choose My Time dinning. Pardon? But even so, it's more likely to keep up with cost of living, not to make up for those who don't tip. For guests staying in Grand Suites and above, the fee is $18.50 per person, per day. Sorry- Im not expressing myself too well! We have my time dining and according to the threads it looks like the gratuities are asked to be prepaid. If your line raises the rate between the time you pay and the time you sail, you wont pay more. Royal Caribbeans award winning dining program, My Time Dining, offers flexible and traditional options. If you leave the service charge on your room bill, you are not expected to leave additional cruise tips for your room attendant or waiters. 0000422260 00000 n 0000419636 00000 n I'm so sorry that this post wasn't useful for you! Your link has been automatically embedded. 0000420293 00000 n document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Dine as you want, when you want. 0000747552 00000 n Follow along on this incredible voyage! Additionally, an 18% gratuity is added to bar bills, dining room wine purchases and Lotus Spa services. *Please see all applicable Terms & Conditions for Promotions. Are you sure that isn't an Iglu Cruise rule? Upload or insert images from URL. My Time Dining is not available for breakfast, but you can still use it for both lunch and dinner. Smart cruise advice, cruise deals, and breaking news. Never feel pressured to add an extra tip when you've already paid one. If a guest requests My Time dining, can wine be ordered through Royal Gifts to be delivered to the dining room? Get up to $300 back per calendar year on the Equinox+ digital fitness app, or eligible Equinox club memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card. All rights reserved. 0000019459 00000 n From there, you can go ahead and make a reservation for each night of your cruise. Credit ranges are a variation of FICO Score 8, one of many types of credit scores lenders may use when considering your credit card application. 28 0 obj <> endobj xref 28 131 0000000016 00000 n TPG values it at $1,600. Daily service charges are not the only cruise tips you will pay on board. Instant Real Time Pricing 0000005956 00000 n My Time Dining is therefore available to anyone who wants to mix things up. Additional cash gifts are not expected. Even if you only plan to eat in the Main Dining Room a couple of times during your cruise, it often makes sense to choose My Time Dining so that you can pick the time you want. E{3bEi_,FdTneL m!TlmJ=&esmh~rqbo)q9V'{7_LA74us i%@MZC1twwBjkC%{'BLTzP64Z{C@gC;qdF\u4:}NiIYmKzuu>k&dOWd1ydzW ]EhWJt*iLAcGMUyhvjw%m&_I;jxt' jg|zn~7_{ksiY15M HHnV6@,,TnMv9GU{$ You must have JavaScript enabled to use this form. I take any thread older than a year (sometimes less) with a grain of salt. Jon lives in the foothills of North Carolina and wishes there were a cruise port that far inland. Regent Seven Seas Cruises. Do you plan on dining anywhere except the dining room? Speciality restaurants require reservations but they dont have traditional dining times. Even if I opt out of automatic gratuities? They were accurate as of the publishing of this story. 0000907210 00000 n Member Title: 100,000+ Club. You may tip extra if you feel you have been "WOW'd". There is a $9.75 gratuity per day that is required and this actually covers not only the wait staff but your room steward as well. Legal Information | If youre not someone who has cruised before, you might not be aware of traditional dining times on cruise ships. 0000755470 00000 n 0000812508 00000 n If you do not prepay gratuities, they will be charged to your onboard account automatically, on a daily basis. You may request a certain waiter each night, and we will work to seat your party in his or her area depending on availability. Most of the biggest cruise lines automatically add some type of service or gratuity fee onto passenger bills. Powered by Cruiseline.com, spoke with royal Carib rep today who said prepaid grats are now out if you are using My Time Dining. My partner and I prefer a later dinner and have selected My Time dining however we'd still like to join them for dinner at least 1-2 nights. The flexibility of My Time Dining comes with responsibility. Started June 21, 2021, By To this day it still references dynamic dining in the cruise planner even though that is long gone. Be the first to rate this post. If you arrive as soon as the Main Dining Rooms open, you will be able to be seated shortly. But its definitely not for everyone. And that's before you add in any additional tips you wish to give to your room service or favorite bartender or autogratuities tacked on to bar, restaurant and spa bills. My Family Time dining is currently unavailable throughout our fleet. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. Well, this is NOT the only option and you can still choose to eat in the traditional manner. It also means you arent limited to eating at 5.30 pm or 8 pm you can choose any time between 6 pm and 9.30 pm for your table. They work very long hours all day long. However, a lot of people do uphold the dress code, so if you turn up in a t-shirt and shorts then you may look out of place. Early dining is around 6 pm, while late dining is closer to 8:30 pm. Traditionally, dinner on a cruise ship has been served at two specific seating times. Plus, your own feed of TPG content. That said, if you want to, you can often adjust the charges (either up or down) while youre on board by visiting the guest relations desk. 0000735845 00000 n It is recommended that you book a table though. If your My Time Dining reservation is at 7:15pm, do not make any other reservations until 8:30pm or later. 0000909755 00000 n Please view our advertising policy page for more information. I did find My Time Dining rather a contradiction as theoretically you could dine anytime between the hours of 6.30 9.30, but, its best to make a reservation, as it turned out the waiting time was approximately the same for both cases. Like what you see? Many smaller and higher-end cruise operators are folding tips and gratuities into their base fares. Having to arrive early, though, defeats the purpose of being able to dine whenever you'd like. If anyone on our team wouldnt recommend it to a friend or a family member, we wouldnt recommend it on The Points Guy either. Both Royal Caribbean and Carnival have slightly different daily gratuities. 0000911056 00000 n The early seating is usually around 5:30pm, while the late seating is around 8:00pm. 0000910197 00000 n That means two people sharing a room on a seven-night cruise would pay $308 in tips for an otherwise free drinks package on top of their daily service charge fees. If you have a smaller party, you might find that you do not have to wait as long as larger parties. 0000891340 00000 n A The automatic service gratuity is $16.00 USD per person, per day for guests in Junior Suites and below, or $18.50 USD per person, per day for guests in Grand Suites and above, applied to each guest's SeaPass account on a daily basis. This card is also incredibly rewarding for travel purchases, helping you rack up a ton of Membership Rewards points for your next award trip. April 7, 2008. You can, of course, request a specific table and waiter, but they may not be able to honor this. Start with these stories: The credit card offers that appear on the website are from credit card companies from which ThePointsGuy.com receives compensation. Online, you can only book My Time Dining for up to eight guests. Get Cruise Savvy with our FREE Newsletter! How much to tip extra on a cruise is entirely up to you because it is in no way required. Others tip their room service or wait staff at their favorite bar, either early in the cruise in the hope of getting better service or at the end to thank them for enhancing the vacation experience. 0000891696 00000 n 0000892388 00000 n We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. 0000423354 00000 n 0000906128 00000 n By The rates listed are per person, per day. Royal Caribbean gratuities for children and infants To ensure quick seating, we encourage guests who have selected the Flexible option to place a reservation for each evening. It truly depends, though. Royal Caribbean does make it easy to enjoy flexible dining with My Time Dining, so just make sure you sign up to it if you want to decide when you eat each day. 0000418076 00000 n Throughout the cruise, you may be able to change your My Time Dining reservations on the app or by calling the dining hotline from your stateroom's telephone, but it is dependent on availability. Another method is to just simply show up at the Main Dining Room each night when you are ready to eat. When making a reservation you will be offered My Time or traditional dining times (i.e., 5:30 pm & 8:00 pm). At most lines, you can pay your service charges in advance of sailing (at the same time you pay your cruise fare). 0000737498 00000 n Lines with such charges include both of the two giants of the cruise business, Royal Caribbean and Carnival Cruise Line, as well as Norwegian, MSC Cruises and Princess Cruises. 0000005096 00000 n Alternatively, you can have the charges added to your room bill on board. Related: Use these credit cards to maximize your next cruise vacation. Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. You can then book dinner in the Main Dining Room for any time you want, or just walk in without a reservation. One additional reason that you might pre-pay in the future is that Royal can change these rates at anytime, if you have them pre-paid, you are locked in to that rate. Please note, you can only choose one dining style per sailing so once they join you they must use My Time Dining for the rest of the cruise. 0000844607 00000 n 0000003555 00000 n I have just booked the allure this afternoon and was told by the iglu cruiserep that if I wanted my time dining then I would HAVE to pay the gratuities up front at the time of booking,but if I had first or second sitting then I didn't need to pay I was imformed that royal had made this part of their booking conditions 2 months ago.
C+3164 Name Compart, How Much Does It Cost To Join Roxiticus Golf Club, Liam Eichenberg Brother, Does A Ute Tray Need To Be Engineered, Michael W Mcgrath Newark Nj Hbo, Articles R