This is a mod usually done for aesthetic reasons, but many agreethat the weight reduction on the barrel helps with accuracy. Tech Sight appeture sight ** SRR will not work with D and M model SKS or any SKS modified to take AK Mags **, Home Installation Instructions Shop About Us, SRR SuperRapidRelease SKS magazine release. Read all warnings and instructions provided with firearms or on carton before using. I'll be damned before I grind down the bolt on my SKS's, "The complacency of fools will destroy them. The mag catch itself has two circular cuts hear the top so that when it pivots back it does not hit the cross-pin. Like most SKS rifles, our Yugo lacked a return spring on its firing pin, allowing the pin to free float or, possibly, jam in the bolt body, which could result in a slamfire. We specialize in all military surplus weapons from AK-47s, AR-15s, Mausers, CETME, Enfields, UZIs, and much more! Its going to take pro mag a while to redeem their bad name over those other ones they had even if these turn out to be good. The second unit, installed on the Yugo, was the SKS See Thru Scope Mount ($110) from, . Technically, there is a lot of modifying to be done to a standard SKS receiver to get a AK mag to run in the gun AND still maintain the strength & design integrity of the SKS action. I absolutely cannot stand the duckbill problem that comes with standard sks mags. i dunno about the 40rnd anything other then tapco normally sucks. Become intimately familiar with the operation of your firearm before loading it. Admin. This is a great mod to do for convenience and I suggest it to all SKS owners that do not care if their gun is not stock. This SKS magazine can be easily installed in your SKS without making modifications to the original stock. $13.99, Sale ok first of all lets talk turkey.. if you want a already made ak mag sks they are about as expensive (sometimes more) as a regular ak.. 3. Help us gain knowledge by entering your Chinese SKS into the Survey located at the Chinese SKS Guide. Customer experience was, and still is, the primary focus, a key to the firms longevity and success. It was first produced by the Soviet Union in 1943, but due to its reliable and simple design, it was later widely exported and manufactured by various nations. The average SKS owner will be able to install it. In this case, it adds the utility of an on-board ammunition carrier sized for the guns 10-round stripper clip. Drop the bolt and you are ready to fire. Doing this to a barrel that needs it will improve accuracy. $52.99, Special Price For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The ledges slide under the lips of the mag and lock it in place. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Step 2: Remove the trigger assembly from the rifle. In this case, we chose to investigate one safety-related upgrade and two styles of forward optics mounts, along with a stock accessoryall of which conveyed distinct advantages to our commercially imported Chinese Norinco and Yugoslavian military Model 59 examples. The information on this site will definitely lead to the alteration of old military rifles. 4135. He sent another SKS rifle that had the rear sight replaced with a base for red-dot scopes, to which he had bolted on an early model Aimpoint. Matador Arms SKS EZ-Pin $10.95. To further add, if you cant add more magazines to your loadout then change your clothes. It in no way increases the amount you pay and helps us stay in business. I'll probably use a pneumatic die grinder or maybe a 4 inch angle grinder to do the job. Both of which means it handles recoil better than its sexier sister. To work with AK magazines ANY mod would require modifications to the receiver. ProMag Mag SKS 7.62x39mm 20-Round Polymer Black Gun Parts / Magazines ProMag Magazine SKS 7.62x39mm Polymer Black Product Family #: 1506255021 List Price: $22.99 - $32.99 Our Price: $17.99 - $25.99 $17.99 - $20.43 Save up to: $5.56 (21%) Select Capacity: Cartridge: 7.62x39mm Compatible With: SKS Quantity: Add to Cart Add to Wish List Questions? Each one is individually hand-crafted, stitched and stamped with a makers mark by master knifemaker Rick Lowe in Candler, N.C. Women On Target Instructional Shooting Clinics, Volunteer At The Great American Outdoor Show, Marion P. Hammer Women Of Distinction Award, Women's Wildlife Management / Conservation Scholarship, National Youth Shooting Sports Cooperative Program, FN to Produce Prototypes for U.S. Army Squad Automatic Rifle Program, Fear & Loading: Cobalt Kinetics and MARS Inc. The AK magazines are kind of a bear to seat. Share. For those that are looking for a less traditional stock option, ATImakes a high-quality folding stock for the SKS that gives you more portability anda lighter rifle overall. $18.99. Disassemble the bolt and boil the components in a mixture of Simple Greenand water for an hour. It was made by NORINCO (Chinese Military Company no longer imported into the US) and appears to be a factory built to accept AK-47 magazines! Add to Cart Compare. Product was successfully added to your shopping cart. It attaches securely without permanent modifications to the firearm, and allows for complete fieldstripping while attached. Only problem is they're around $60+ if you can find them. Rifle Tactical Cheek Pad Riser Rest With SKS Mag Pouch Tan. We set ourselves apart by supplying unique parts at a good value and standing by our products by offering outstanding customer service. bottom plate of mag needs to be sanded alittle on inner wall sides. Each one is individually hand-crafted, stitched and stamped with a makers mark by master knifemaker Rick Lowe in Candler, N.C. We use cookies to improve your website experience. I've been shooting my SKS Sporter a couple days at the range now. When it's time to go, charge the handle and you're ready to rock and roll. . its a fact. He has put together some information on the SKS trigger here. I do not have an origin of that particular stock, however I do have another M in the database with that same exact stock. Might mod my SKS bolt while on vacation next week. product. Model. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. SKS-M has an AK-style mag catch and mounting area added. The Mounting area appears to be welded onto the front of the group during the conversion. Author Date within 1 day 3 days 1 week 2 weeks 1 month 2 months 6 months 1 year of Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04 U.S. Mfg M-SKS30: Replacement magazine for the SKS rifle chambered in 7.6X39. They have just come out in the past 3 to 4 weeks. Use only factory loaded ammunition in good condition and of the proper caliber. Never seen anything like it. When it comes to 20th century Soviet-era small arms, the 7.62x39mm AK-47 may be the weapon that first comes to mind. It's always been a pain to have to lock a mag the way I've been doing it. While there are different options for this mod, Murrays Gunsmithing modification has been the highest recommended. Drop the bolt and you are ready to fire. 1. Drum (1) SKS Magazine (3) Stripper Zip (1 . on: September 06, 2020, 03:30:11 PM . Add to Wishlist . SKS Magazines Magazines 8 Items ProMag SKS 7.62x39mm Magazine 30 Rounds Polymer Black SKS-A4 4.0 $24.97 ProMag SKS 7.62x39 Magazine 40 Rounds Polymer Black SKS-A3 4.0 $29.97 ProMag SKS Magazine 7.62x39mm 30 Rounds Steel Blued SKS-S30 3.0 $39.97 Archangel LVX Magazine With Lever Release For SKS Rifles 7.62x39mm 20 Round Blac. An included pin spanner makes removal of the original cross bolt nut easy. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded. I was at a local gun show this weekend, and came across a beat up SKS-M, the seller had it listed as an SKS-D for the low price of $800. Its steel Picatinny rail measures 3, Either mount is perfect for a compact red-dot sight such as the. All Rights Reserved. SKS Magazine Mags for the legendary rifle are available mainly in 5-, 10-, and 20-round capacities, by several companies. The Tapco SKS mags have anti-tilt followers. I'm wondering if maybe I can modify a more durable mag, like a pmag, to have the same kind of mag catch lip to work with the adapter that comes with this setup. $88.27. $125, does not sound out of line from the work needing to be done. 30-round magazine Fits SKS 7.62x39mm rifles and carbines Magazine body constructed of heat treated steel with black oxide finish Injection molded magazine follower Magazine spring formed from heat treated chrome silicone wire Made in. STEEL FLOOR PLATE FOR METAL AK-47,AKM (7.62X39.5) MAGAZINES. Go to it. 4. First off is always use common sense when selecting a mag. So I thought I would do this mod today on a couple of bolts and document it to help others maybe wishing to do the same mod. This way, no round chambers, but the mag locks into place. Things like a removeable magazine, a clip pouch on the buttstock, and adding an optic rail to allow for better precision are great places to start. You should hear the firing pin rattle. I am happy to be of service and bring you content free of charge. My only concern is the durability. Regardless, I'm ordering more. Login with username, password and session length, I was looking at the sks mag adapters on sksmagadapter.com and it says that for $55, he'll perform a "drop free mod" to the bolt and an "sks mag adapter bolt mod.". Only one i'm aware of is the conversion kit for the Rifletech mags I posted earlier. How to zero a red dot without iron sights. It is. Set of ONE Russian SKS pouch and FIVE aftermarket clips. $199.99, Special Price It also depends on the type of magazine. - JavaScript is disabled. "why don't you just get an AK?" When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. -. You can also change stocks while the SRR is attached with no problem. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. I appreciate the tutorial, but I will just push up on the little tang with my finger before I remove any material from my bolt lol. Type 56 SKS Paratrooper Conversion. An included pin spanner makes removal of the original cross bolt nut easy. That's a good point guys, and I'll give the tapco mags a shot. Receivers are stamped 63. What are the best SKS mods and upgrades? For the US consumer, its fixed magazine makes it legal in most states, and in many cases . Quick view. In this case, it adds the utility of an on-board ammunition carrier sized for the guns 10-round stripper clip. SKS 7.62x39mm (5) Rd - Black Polymer . As far as Combat Knives are concerned.- you cant go wrong with a Ka-Bar or a SOG. Of those, clever engineering is required to allow them to attach without permanent modificationparticularly if the gun is to retain its ability to be fieldstripped. There is also a 30-round mag and a - *gasp* - 75-round drum, for those who are interested. If, on the other hand, its because you don't like the duckbill mags, then visit my website, www.thesksmagadapter.com. $15.99, Sale The SKS is a little meatier than the AK 47 and has a wider buttstock. Again, the barrel diameter may be different from one inch to the next, but you can buy a much nicer bipod this way that will hold up over time. $33.00. Still, the models reinforced housing, see-through, flip-up lens covers, waterproof construction and 50,000-hour battery life from a single CR2032 make it appropriately rugged for the SKS. The only original part of the rifle that must be set aside is the rear sight elevator. Its steel Picatinny rail measures 3516" and has eight cross slots. Top 12 SKS Modifications Tech Sight appeture sight. The Midwest Ordnance "SKS-D" conversion. Which yielded surprising results. I was very pleasantly surprised. Bed the Stock. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates. Remove bayonet & grenade launcher lugs, 5. 4.5 $29.97 We specialize in the sale of firearms, ammunition, magazines, military surplus, tactical gear and more. They work great but due to the fact that they are steel, and SKS rifle stocks vary as to the mag well opening, some fitting may be . He says NO it is a D I bought it brand new back in the 90s. I usually retract the bold carrier about 2/3's of the way and then insert the mag. Caliber: 7.62x39mm Zytel construction Includes: (1) 30 round detachable magazine, (1) SKS magwell adapter, instruction for installation Minor gunsmithing required see installation instructions below Always open bolt prior to inserting or removing this magazine to prevent damage To me the SKS is just a cheap fall back rifle if I need a gun that fires 7.62X39 and I could care less about keeping a $250 to $300 gun in its stock configuration. The AK-47-ish series of commercial/civilian SKSs are able to accept AK-47 magazines, which increases firepower significantly. I can't seat the pmag at all, and the . Add to Wishlist | Add to Compare; SKS Intrafuse 5 Round Detachable Magazine - Black - TAPCO. . Each rifle is going to be sold as-is and we are not offering hand-picked selections for purchases. I had an sks tohught about trying it as a boat anchor. ProMag SKS 7.62x39 Drum Magazine 50 Rounds Polymer Target Sports SKS Magazine Black Warrior 7.62x39 30 Round Blue JMAZ. JavaScript is disabled. If this is a used or surplus firearm it is not new, therefore, it must be inspected by a qualified gunsmith before firing. Sale ProMag SKS 7.62x39 Magazine 40 Rounds Polymer Blac Archangel LVX Magazine With Lever Release For SKS Rifles 7.62x39mm 20 Round Blac Archangel LVX Magazine With Lever Release For SKS ProMag SKS 7.62x39mm Magazine 20 Rounds Polymer Black SKS-A5. Of those, clever engineering is required to allow them to attach without permanent modificationparticularly if the gun is to retain its ability to be fieldstripped. With the required, and included, adapter properly installed in the rifle (a single #29 drill bit & 8-32 tap to the receiver is all that is needed), these 30rd SKS magazines can be inserted and removed in most SKS rifles the same as AK-47 mags*! That's a neat find LK! Slides right in, to replace original magazine release. Used SKS Type 56 7.62x39 Wood Stock. The stock fixed SKS mag has cutouts in the feed lips for the stripper clips to fall into. I took the photos in high def, I hope they come thru that way. 7.62x39 SKS Mags & Drums (9 Products) Sort By: Archangel LVX magazine for SKS rifles 7.62 X 39MM Magazine with Lever Release (35) Round Black Polymer - # AALVX35 157 Reviews MSRP: $57.12 | Your Price: $29.95 In stock Purchase Now ProMag SKS01 SKS 7.62x39mm 10rd Black Finish 12 Reviews Your Price: $16.60 In stock Purchase Now What is the purpose of the ledge that you grind off? All of these rifles were modified for AK mag use here in the USA. Remove bayonet & grenade launcher lugs. ", I keep mine with the bolt locked back and a loaded mag in the well with the safety off. All in all, the SKS stands today as a good enough option, in my opinion at least. Re-crowning adds the even roll around the edge of the barrel so gases can escape evening upon the bullets exit from the rifle. The firing pin on the SKS was built to stand up to military ammo with hard primers. The inexpensive and robust carbine, chambered for the ubiquitous 7.6239 cartridge, is reliable, accurate enough, and easy to maintain. These can also be hit or miss, and the SKS barrel outer diameter can vary ever so slightly from one inch of the barrel to the next. Failure to follow these rules may result in injury or death. Said SKS is a Chinese model, seller tells me that it has been modified for detachable magazines. It is also available for all late-1951 and later Russian SKSs along with all Chinese, Albanian and Romanian models. Here is a mod from me I made awhile back. 4.5 $29.97 But the classic Samozaryadnyi Karabin . Once installed it makes your SKS Rifle look and feel more modern. These floor plates will fit AK-47 Tapco magazines as well as Tapco "duck bill" SKS magazines. These have been on the market place fora long time and are considered the standard bearer in aftermarket SKS mags. NOT . AK Style SKS Magazine Release. From an accuracy standpoint, one of the complaints is the length of the factory stock. So when I saw an opportunity for a duckbill-less option for the sks mags, I took it upon myself to make it work, and it did. If you dont hear it rattle the odds are the bolt is filled with cosmoline. AFTERMARKET. I'll have to try the modification. %address_1%%city%, %state% %postal_code%%phone_number%. And yeah they're more accurate, and the gunsmith who offered to modify my SKS says it'd be more accurate too, but I'm sure he really wanted my money as well. There is but one language and that is the English language. you ask. I have two types of magazines. Home Russian SKS Top 12 SKS Modifications. The gun is so devoid of extraneous features that it seemingly discourages modification; so, aside from synthetic stocks and pseudo-detachable magazines of dubious reliability, there are relatively few accessories available that actually enhance its capabilities. After looking it over, I told the seller this is actually a M not a D, see right here stamped on the receiver. Simple and effective. $35.99, Sale You save $7.00! Here is a visual example of our machine work for a SKS "Drop free" bolt mod. Jul 20, 2010 Hello everyone, I did a few searches but didn't come up with anything. Prevent child access by always keeping guns locked away and unloaded when not in use. 2023 GunMag Warehouse. It attaches securely without permanent modifications to the firearm, and allows for complete fieldstripping while attached. This means we only waste money on 20 and 30 rounders that don't work! I'm thinking of going ahead with the modification. A spring-retracted firing pin kit ($43) from Texas gunsmith Ben Murraynot only helps ensure proper service but can mitigate the unintentional detonation of soft primers. ^ what have you done to make your sks a tool of destruction ? SKS Single Point Sling Mount. Took everything to the range and ran 30 rounds through it 3 times with zero malfunctions. FAB Defense M4 SKS SB Stock System, w/ Shock Absorbing M4 Tube & Buttstock $324.99. With the stock SKS built in mag one quick hit and all 10 are loaded. Not exactly chicken scratch, but far less than the nearly $2,000 most bullpup rifles demand off the shelf. AK magazines are wider than the SKS receiver. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to continue providing quality content. The best Chinese SKS mag ever made is the Type 63 20rd with the bolt hold open. The SKS Bolt Mod: Magazine Drop Free Modification. Attaches to other SKS and type-56 frames. Joe if you could only have one SKS that accepts AK mags which model would you choose? The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Although receiver-cover scope mounts abound, most hinder fieldstripping and cleaning, so we decided to try out two different scout styles designed for mounting long-eye-relief optics ahead of the chamber area. Set of 10 SKS stripper clips. You must have JavaScript enabled in your browser to utilize the functionality of this website. $114.99, Special Price And yes the Tapco SKS mags work great, however you have to use an after market stock or modify the stock one. The SRR is very light weight, less than an ounce so it does not add weight to your SKS! The SKS2 Scout scope mount ($79) from Scout Industries, Inc.proved to be a rock-solid solution on the Norinco. The SRR can be used with all SKS Magazines, plastic, metal and duck bills, too! October 2, 2015. I literally cannot find any information about them anywhere on the internet save for a few random gun forums, and even then they don't say much. SRR allows you to change magazines with one hand. Check out our list of the best combat knives. The SKS trigger pull tends to vary depending on the individual rifle, however, if you are a proud owner of an SKS with a poor trigger pull then having the trigger reworked can do wonders for the shoot ability and accuracy of your weapon. $43.99, Sale WELP ..HORK SPIT You mean to tell me they aren't all "M's" and "D's"?!??!!!? A piece of metal replaces the original Buy a stock with a way to attach a bipod. As a result, we cannot show you the price in catalog or the product page. You could get a bipod with a barrel mount clamp built in. Read today's "The Armed Citizen" entry for real stories of law-abiding citizens, past and present, who used their firearms to save lives. It is a quick snap, positive lock, fast change, no fumbling, closed bolt insertion, bolt hold open retaining, easy to carry, extra round capacity modification that can transform your SKS into an efficient detachable high-cap magazine firearm with reliable function and massive lead slinging capabilities. The company made its humble start in 1963in Gussago, Italywhen Giuseppe Pietta made a commitment to produce guns as authentic and true-to-original as possible. You can find one made for your model of rifle or get universal kits prepared for a variety of guns on the market. Go to News Feed. Customer Service/Phone You guys do realize that by doing this mod it makes the bolt look just like a SKS D or M model bolt, it does not weaken it or have any negative effect. Die-formed from 0.115"-thick sheet steel into an inverted U-shape, it attaches by way of a replacement cross bolt. Call us: 800-950-1231 Don't see Joe's threads get revived so oftenthat is a very neat gun KTF.nice to see you post here too. Even with the extra money, time, and effort spent in the modifications needed in order to make these mags work and run reliably, they are still worth it in my opinion. 5. While such a condition can be minimized by removing excess carbon, debris and cosmoline, the SKSs corresponding firing pin and bolt hole tapers are still prone to binding. Depending on the trigger assembly, it may be difficult to drift the pin out. First style is a metal Korean mag, and the other is a polymer pmag. The SKS 63 is the first AK mag SKS imported with a thumbhole stock. So for $12 I decided to give this a try. You can go DBL (duck-bill-less) without making any permanent changes to your rifle. Fax: 859-873-1842, Gunshop Hours: It is easy to assume that if you purchased a clean SKS that the cosmoline was also removed from the bolt, but one should not take the easy way out. Gun is packed in cosmoline. The average conversion kit will run you another $350 (at the high end $650). #1.-I've done the conversion once on an SKS to take AK mags just to see if it can be done. Shopping with us is absolutely safe - you never have to worry about credit card safety when shopping here 2023 Copyright, entire contents by CTD, Inc. Cheaper Than Dirt! Re: SKS mag adapter "drop free mod" and "sks mag adapter mod Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:10:21 PM The SKS mag adapter is made by one of our own, 1mlt, who has his own sub-forum here on the boards. In fact, the layman can typically install the mount, making his rifle range ready, within 30 minutes. 3D printer file information Design number: 1005376 Items you will need Rat tail file Flat file Abrasive paper 3/32 inch pin punch and hammer Rotary tool with grinding wheel and sanding drums 1/4-inch by 1/4-inch by 1 1/8-inch key stock 3/8-inch by 3/4-inch by 2-inch flat bar stock Using a product like acraglass is the recommended starting point to getting rid of these movements. You could buy a picatinny barrel mount and then buy a much nicer bipod. While researching the gun, I saw something about not only detachable mags being illegal, but basically any modification that takes it out of original condition (ish). $36.99, Special Price There are a few with decent reviews, but none of them will last you all that long based on what Ive read. Saturday: 9am-2pm to find great prices on all the things you need. But my original question remains, anyone here customize their SKS to hold AK mags? All are new production. Model. Product Information. DISCLAIMER: Nice find! Adding a recoil pad for the purpose of increasing stock length and reducing shoulder pain is a commonly recommended change. SKS. Whether it or a less expensive optic is chosen, and regardless of which mount is selected, a quality leather cheek rest, such as the one shown from Brass Stacker ($105), will allow the SKS shooter to maintain proper alignment of his eye to the scopes optical axis. The U.S.-made accessory is precision-machined to firmly attach to all varieties of the SKS without any drilling or tapping.
Sheboygan Lutheran High School Calendar, All Fnaf Characters List With Pictures, Articles S