In an article I wrote not long back, I mentioned that the Speer 40-grain Spirepoint has long been my favorite bullet for the .22 Hornet; the same applies when loading the .218 Bee for bolt-action and single-shot rifles. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Mounted on a select walnut stock, sling swivels, and a checkered steel buttplate. Doing so does not require form dies, but attempting to neck down with a .218 Bee full-length resizing die alone will result in collapsed shoulders. Action Type:Bolt Action With Detachable Magazine. Buy a WINCHESTER MODEL 43 IN 218 BEE CAL. 46 Gr. Learn more. I can tell you when your Model 43 was manufactured if you provide the serial number. Free ground shipping on all US Online Orders over $100! Functionality and completeness unknown. V-max 50-pack $ 87.99 Buy Now .218 Bee Ammo, Rifle Ammo Model 70 Bolt Action HP. MANY Winchester Model Plates. As tipped bullets go, the Hornady 35-grain V-Max is an excellent choice for bolt-action and single-shot rifles. To make an offer please complete the form below: Minimum price for the offer must be greater than or equal to $0. The latter is likely one of the strongest actions offered for this cartridge; one that would allow pursuing the Bees true potential. I have a model 43 in 22 Hornet which has been drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Recoil and report are both mild so this rifle would be a very good . 30 Caliber M19A1 Brand New Ammo Can. Post author By Grumpy; Just thought I'd share something different. 9AM-5PM CT Sat-Sun (Chat & Email Only), Winchester SUPER-X RIFLE .218 Bee 46 grain Jacketed Hollow Point Centerfire Rifle Ammo, 50 Rounds, X218B, Winchester Super-X Rifle Ammo, .218 Bee, Jacketed Hollow Point, 46 grain, 50 Rounds, X218B. A secondary shoulder will appear, but it vanishes on the first firing, and while the neck will be a bit shorter, it is not enough to matter. > Best .218 Bee Ammo. Modify Search. WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member. Model 54 Lever Action. Description: Later version of the model 1906 great mechanically and can use as is or would be a nice one to restore. Mine does not. Gun has the factory knurled steel butt plate. The bore on this rifle is in great condition, so this rifle ought to be a tack driver. Ill look more closely and take some photos next time Im home. Any and all help is appreciated. The transition occurs between 31,000 and 32,000. (Ret.) Please confirm you want to mark all posts read, The 44 W.H.V. Shortly after production began, Winchester changed the bolt design to a swept (bent) bolt handle, but it had nothing to do with the receiver being pre-drilled & tapped for mounting a scope. Sort By 218 Winchester Bee Hornady Ammo 218 Bee 45 Grain HP [8307] View Options 218 Winchester Bee Winchester Ammo Super-X 218 Win Bee HP 46 Grain [X218B] View Options Displaying 1 to 2 (of 2 products) 1 Browse now! Specifications. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. We do not charge credit cards until orders are ready to ship. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. I bought it for a few hundred bucks assuming it had been modified and therefore no collector value. On the pre-October 1950 production receivers, you will see that it has a 45-degree beveled face. Hope I havent beat it up! Ken Waters, in a January 1976 Pet Loads column, warned that the Model 43 speed lock, mid-bolt locking lug was not stout enough to handle hot maximum loads. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. Detachable magazine. Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun. ===== Hi Power Rifle Sights; Click Picture ===== SEE OUR BUTT PLATE PAGE . And nope, you can't form Hornet brass from the 32-20 family cases. With a history and tradition of fine gun making behind them, the Manurhin series of Revolvers is truly world-class. There is an unmarked scope with a target dot reticle. I had known they were coming for quite some time, and when Tony Aeschliman of Marlin asked me which of the three would be the best seller, I went with the Bee. COLLECTIBLE AMMO, Current & Obsolete, All Countries. . Winchester introduced the Model 43 bolt-action in 1949 as a sort of Winchester Model 70 Junior, the first rifle produced by the company following World War II. The barrel of the T/C carbine I have has a 1:14 twist. Serial number 19257A was manufactured in February 1950. The Winchester Model 43 is a great platform for a varmint rifle. (240) 347-4883 Please note, our lead time to fill orders is 2-3 weeks. These centerfire bolt action rifles were produced between May 1948 through December 1953. SERIAL NUMBER 20669A WANT TO PURCHASE CALL SHOP 716-941-3946, *****WAS $2450 Now $2000*******Up for sale is a beautiful Winchester 43 Deluxe in the desirable 22 Hornet. This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Bert I have a number of Model 43 218s and one 25 20. . Like many rifles in .22 Hornet, the majority of those in .218 Bee have barrels with a rifling twist rate of 1:16 inches. Hornady has, but they are impossible to find. In general, the Model 43 is capable of very fine accuracy with the 22 Hornet cartridge, but they can be picky about the specific ammo to shoot in them for best accuracy. SKU: 693M Price: $ 50.00 Add to cart The stock rates in about Very Good overall condition. Overall, this rifle rates in about Fine condition. It utilizes a proven thin-wall design that reduces engraving forces, resulting in improved accuracy. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. It predates the timer period in which Winchester factory drilled & tapped them for scope mounts. No chips or splitting. V-max 50-pack 83.99 $ Quick View Best .218 Bee Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 40gr. .218 Bee, .25-20 & .32 WCF, Complete (Assembly Req'd) Model 94 Lever Action. The demand of new WINCHESTER MODEL 43 rifle's has risen 4 units over the past 12 months. The .218 Bee had a 24-inch barrel and was billed as a better varmint cartridge than the .22 Hornet, which was introduced by Winchester in 1930. *Caliber, Barrel Length, Generations, Sub Models may all affect item price. The pre-drilled & tapped receivers did not occur until October 1950, in the 31780 serial number range. Softnose Spitzers as heavy as 45 grains from Speer, Hornady, and Sierra work fine because they are shorter. Cookies are disabled. Barrel and receiver are in great condition save some aging and us, Rare Winchest Model 43 - 22 Hornet Drilled & Tapped for Scope 90% Blue - Mint Bore Williams Peep Sight LOP: 13 1/4" Barrel: 24" SN 49893A, Rare Winchester Model 43 218 BEE 95% Blue Mint Bore SN: 42284A, Guns Listing ID: 612919#644A Gun is in excellent working condition. As you probably know it shoot a common .224 bullet, so that won't be a problem. Cost Range. Gift Card Terms & Conditions; Recall Information; UPDATED Terms of Use + Community Guidelines; Accessibility Policy; Privacy Policy; CA TSCA Disclosure; Do Not Sell . Triggers: Factory trigger. Previous. Barrel and receiver are in great condition save some aging . My Model 43 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @100 yards with it. Excellent bore. The rifle holds a period Williams Wide Guide 4x scope set in Weaver Top-Mount rings, which were left in place during all load testing. The .218 Bee was the first modern varmint cartridge designed expressly for a lever rifle Winchesters Model 65. . Model 74 Automatic .22 Rifle. A single-shot rifle, it has a solid-bottom receiver and a heavy, 24-inch barrel. With that in mind, I chose Noslers 35-grain Ballistic Tip Lead Free (later swapped for Hornadys 35-grain V-MAX, which Ill get into momentarily) on the light end, Speers 40-grain Varmint SP and Sierras 45-grain Varminter SP as ideals, and Hornadys 50-grain SPSX (Soft-Point, Super eXplosive) at the heavy end. The very best prices for in-stock 218 Bee Ammo | Cheap 218 Bee Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com . the Hornet is slightly smaller in diameter than the Bee and has about 2/3 the powder capacity of the Bee case. I have a model 43 in 22 Hornet which has been drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Custom Varmit .220 swift; Winchester Model 64 .32 sp; Winchester Mod. Respective 100-yard energy ratings for the .218 Bee, .22 Hornet, and .25-20 were 520 ft-lbs., 445 ft-lbs., and 385 ft-lbs. Price: $895.00. Sights / Optics:The front sight is a beaded blade dovetailed into an elevated base and the rear sight is a leaf sight. Bore Condition: Bright. Of slight concern on the earlier production rifles likes yours, is the head space. I am in hunt for correct ,218 magazine. Features include standard markings with a hooded ramp front sight, sporting rear sight, swept bolt handle, and top of receiver drilled and tapped for scope mounts. If for any . Zettlemoyer Auction Co. is not a retail store. SINGLE Collectible Cartridges, Currect & Obsolete, All Countries, Boxes, or Packages, Collectible, Full, Partial, Empty, John Wayne (DUKE) Assortment by Winchester, 6.5x53.5Rmm Dutch Mannlicher Schoenauer (OBSOLETE), 7mm Secret Service Sniper Cartridge, 1080 "FCOTB 80" H/S, 8mm Nambu or 8mm Japanese Nambu, Single Cartridges, 8x56Rmm Austrian / Hungarian Mannlicher, Single cartridge, 8x57mmJS, Mauser. Thornton - Cabela's. 14050 Lincoln Street . That local gun shop most definitely did not know a thing or two about the Model 43 ! $54.99. These rifles were produced until 1957, with about 63,000 sold. In 1944 Winchester introduced the bolt-action Model 43, which was often described as the country boys Model 70. Note: underside of barrel towards the muzzle has some very light pits. In order to shop on this Web store, you must have cookies enabled. Single Shell W-W Super Winchester .218 Bee Hollow Point - .218 Bee BuyItNow!-0 $2.00: Out-Of-Stock 15629603: Single Shell Winchester Super Speed .218 Bee Hollow Point - .218 Bee BuyItNow!-0 $2.00: In Stock 15337045: . If yours are correct would you be interested in selling one? The good news is the .218 Bee case can be formed from Starline .32-20 Winchester brass, which is available as this is written. My Model 43 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @100 yards with it. Some finish wear, mostly at the muzzle end. This 218 Bee is trusted by so many shooters that depend on Winchester for all their hunting ammunition needs. With the serial number, I can tell you precisely when your Model 43 was manufactured. Many years ago, Remington developed the No. Ammo Cans; Gas Masks & Chemical Protection; Military Helmets & Liners; Miscellaneous Military Supplies; . Winchester continued to catalog them through 1957 to sell remaining stock on hand. This magazine shows some light wear and a spot of light rust on the right side. The .218 Bee, .25-20 Winchester, and .32-20 Winchester were added to the modern version of the lever-action Marlin Model 1894 around 1989. Anyone have an idea when in that range it was made? Learn more about our Return Policy. Bert I have a number of Model 43 218s and one 25 20. Visit the IIIF page to learn more. The case is based on a necked down version of the 32/20 WCF or 25/20 WCF. Collectors Firearms, LLC. I have attached pictures showing the different contour of the two. Stock Dimensions: Gun comes with Weaver sc, Very good, light wear, small nicks and scratches. HSM .218 Bee 35 Gr. Not sure if others made rifles for the caliber. Email: [email protected], 9AM-7PM CT Mon-Fri The Winchester trademark is used with the permission and to the credit of Olin Corporation/Winchester Division. im now workn on reloading .218 bee ammo because buying the ammo is a pain on my wallet. While my Bee has zero known history before I owned it, the M43 .22 Hornet has years of hunts and stories of those hunts attached to it. The Winchester Model 43 "Special Rifle" version, used for testing here, includes a 24-inch round, proof-steel barrel measuring .56-inch at the muzzle, select walnut stock with checkered pistol grip and forend and steel butt plate. Winchester has not made a run of .218 Bee cases in many years. It has a hooded fixed ramp front sight, adjustable rear sight, studs and swivels top and bottom, detachable box maga, The Winchester Model 43 is a great platform for a varmint rifle. Required fields are marked *. Is this a bad thing? Punching paper with the .218 Bee loaded with cast bullets is not only fun, but also an inexpensive way of keeping one of my favorite cartridges alive. The Model 43 does not command the price of the pre-64 Model 70, but if its in good shape, its still a very collectable Winny bolt gun. Or you can make it from 32-20 but it is a multi-step process and a lot of work, so try and find some and hoard it. It is really easy to identify a factory drilled & tapped Model 43 from one that was not. Early company literature described it as powerful enough for use on deer. This transition took place almost exactly half way through the Model 43 production. Inv#0522143. Serial number- 52550A. WINCHESTER 43, .218 BEE, 5 RD: - Triple K winchester 43, .218 bee, 5 rd: click to enlarge: origin - usa caliber - .218 bee weight - 6 lbs. I have 3 Winchester model 43s. https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/DMW19831/718482F9-4348-43CE-8F8C-E62D22C1FF16.jpeg. There is no erosion. The 218 Bee was introduced by Winchester in 1938 for the model 65 lever action and later for the model 43 bolt action rifle.. Opens in a new window or tab. Winchester has a long history of developing centerfire cartridges designed for bumping off varmints and for harvesting edible small game. Simi Valley, CA 93065. The .218 Bee is basically a .32-20 Winchester case necked down to except .22-caliber projectiles, and is a mild varmint cartridge, similar to the .22 Hornet in ballistics.. Obsolete for many years, accept for a small run by Hornady in early 2017. The 218 Bee is a small game slayer used by thousands of hunters across North America. That slow rifling generally limits the .218 Bee to bullets weighing less than 52 grains; no Greek tragedy, as introducing heavier slugs produces quickly diminishing returns. Weaver K6 optics are clear. The Winchester 43 has two rear bolt lugs but some say they are small enough to wear quicker than larger model 54/70 type bolt lugs. This hinges on the fact that, again like the Hornet, the Bee is just flat-out fun to shoot, producing negligible recoil and tolerable muzzle report. It appears that your local gun shop is carrying Hornady ammo. Lock, Stock & Barrel Investments 7626 Westheimer @ Voss, Houston, Texas 77063. Serial number 19257A was manufactured in February 1950. . Suitable for small game or varmint hunting. Introduced in 1933 in .25-20 and .32-20, the Model 65 had a 22-inch barrel and was produced until 1947, with just over 5,700 rifles built. But do not loosen it up to much or it will not hold. Outdoor Limited. Best .218 Bee Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 35gr. After acquiring my Marlin 1894CL in 1990, I still had several boxes of ammunition produced by Winchester and Remington sometime during the 1950s. Advertised velocity for the .218 Bee was no brag. When handloading for lever-action rifles, the Speer 46-grain FNSP and the Hornady 45-grain FNHP are equally effective on varmints ranging in size from ground squirrels to groundhogs. In the absence of factory-loaded ammo or jacketed bullets for handloading, you might do as I do and use a Lyman mold to cast 45-grain bullets from scrap wheelweight metal. According to this thread, it could have come from the factory with scope mounting capability. Adding a bit more history for Sako rifle fans, the 7x33mm Sako on a lengthened 9mm Luger case was developed specifically for use by Finnish seal hunters, and very few L46 rifles chambered for it left that country. It is a neat little rimmed cartridge with an overall case length of 1.345". This one is kinda interesting. Modern rifle options were introduced by Marlin and Browning as late as 1989 (also lever guns) and Ruger chambered their No. Even though the .218 Bee holds a pinch or two more powder, the same propellants work equally well in both. SKU: 3456634 Item Location. Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun. Winchester .218 Bee Ammo rifle. If ammo and case . Todd, The SAAMI maximum average pressure for the .218 Bee is 40,000 cup. Mag. Originally loaded with 20 grains of blackpowder, velocity was around 1,300 fps for its 100-grain lead bullet. V-max 50-pack 87.99 $ Quick View Best .218 Bee Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 50gr. contiguous 48 states, DC, and to all U.S. Military APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Winchester ~ Model 43 ~ .218 BEE Used Guns. Yes my local store has 2 or 3 brands.i have sighted rifle in today.mind you not 100 percent fine tuned.i was in the middle of a bear hunt hahabut with scope mounted and Hornady 35g vmax and American eagle 35g I was getting touching groups of 3 at 50 yards.i did a bore sight and first group of 3 just bore sighted the group was less than half inch at 25 yardsdialed it in a bitand managed clover leafs at 50 yards with both brands of ammo.i was in a rush to get moving ? Thanks Bert. See original listing. Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun. The .218 Winchester Bee is a centerfire rifle cartridge Shop online for top quality .218 Winchester Bee Centerfire Rifle Ammo for sale! Please Note: other Boxes and Single Cartridges for Collectors available see below in related items. Ammo; Accessories AR Parts Holsters . Shop online best handgun ammo, . Winchester Model 43- Left Extractor w/Spring - .218 Bee, 32 WCF, 25-20 - New !! All items sold AS IS per terms of the auction. Search Products Get In Touch 65 West Main Street Hancock MD 21750 We would like to hear from you. OVERALL LENGTH - 42.25 LENGTH OF MAGAZINE - 2.33 Bolt action rifle made from 1949-1957 in both standard and deluxe grade. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Rafe Nielsen of Browning to take a look at a new X-Bolt series rifle. I havent seen any other pictures of 43s with a stock like this. Stock: Gloss finish. WINCHESTER 43, .218 BEE, 4 RD: ORIGIN - USA CALIBER - .218 BEE WEIGHT - 6 LBS. Handgun Ammo Rimfire Ammo . My typo. I purchased this about 6 months ago and have shot it maybe a 100 times since then. The screw heads are sharp. Factory drilled for scope. Moving on to other companies, Browning introduced a Japanese reproduction of the Winchester Model 65 in .218 Bee in 1980. The attached picture below is a factory original Model 43 Special rifle (click on the picture to enlarge it) note the checkering pattern on the stock, and the capped pistol grip. If it is a bolt action rifle, it is probably a Winchester model 43. maybe a Sako L-46. Taurus has redesigned this sporting pistol for performance. The Winchester Model 43 is a great platform for a varmint rifle. Up for sale is a Winchester model 43, 218 Bee. PennDog. It's safe to say that this was a bad move. I most certainly can. Bore Condition:The bore is bright and the rifling is sharp. Bulk Cheap Ammo has a list of top retailers to provide the latest collection of ammo from top brands. The .218 Bee was named for its bore diameter, it actually uses standard .224" bullets. Another Winchester 1894 rifle described as with factory engr, PHOTOS UPDATED Mod 94 in service with Texas Rangers 1960's, Missing Winchester 71 from Amoskeag auction, What are the differences between the Lyman 48T and 48F recei, Need a 98c peep sight for a model 65 rifle (.218 Bee). The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. All Rights Reserved. We try to describe to the best of our ability the condition of the items, however, sometimes flaws are missed. In addition to the Bee, it was available in .25-20, .32-20, and .22 Hornet. Manufacture Date of Model 1894 and other info. 218 Bee Ammo | Best 218 Bee Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com 2021 . . I'm not sure myself. More rifles in that chambering were sold, but none of them made the cash register ring often enough to remain in production for more than a few years. For those who find that claim rather shocking, the most popular deer cartridge at the time was the .44-40 Winchester loaded to around 1,200 fps with a 200-grain bullet. Filter Results by: Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 products) Displaying 1 to 6 (of 6 products) The .218 was originally released in the Winchester lever action Model 65. The jacketed hollow point design of the 218 Bee is said to be one of the most accurate and deadly of the .218 caliber. The .218 Bee is basically a .32-20 Winchester case necked down to except .22-caliber projectiles. This has one magazine and shot very little! View cart for details. NOTE: first posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed, Devices in use: Desktop (50), Phone (11), Tablet (5), WinchesterCollector.org Subscriber Services. $4.00. The Speer bullet is a better performer on coyotes because it does not expand as quickly and penetration is greater. Standard factory sights. Savage Arms Corp. Model 24 Combination Gun .22LR/.410 GA; SMITH & WESSON S&W 14-2 K-38 MASTERPIECE 38 Special; So you want to buy a SKS Rifle Excellent Choice! Seems to shoot strait out to 50 yards.if it is a headspace issue how does one correct it.if its even possable, NOTE: first posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed, WinchesterCollector.org I like the caliber and its pretty little shooter. 1 single shot in the Bee. Scarce factory deluxe .218 Bee! reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days of 24; 48; All . Shop now and get Free Value Shipping on most orders over $49 to the Model-43-Special-47841A-218-BEE.jpg (40 KB) WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member Timothy Hamilton Lititz, PA New Member WACA Member Forum Posts: 1 Member Since: March 19, 2022 Offline 4 March 19, 2022 - 3:50 am Bert I have a number of Model 43 218's and one 25 20. Deluxe checkered stock with fancy figured walnut stock and Winchester pistol grip cap. Lever Action .22 Rifle. Target Sports USA Mil Spec. In pleasant contrast, Hornady comes close to making its 2,750 fps billing in my Marlin and actually exceeds it from my Sako. Speer's 40-grain Spire SP required a long jump Winchester Model 43 The Model 43 was only in production from May 1948 through December 1953. Can you assist me in determining the years with the serial numbers? Make sure your search is . Stock Configuration & Condition:The stock is checkered walnut. Im traveling and a long way from home. About 10 years later, the .32-20 case was necked down and introduced as the .25-20 Winchester for the Model 1892 rifle. There are some compression marks in the checkering on the left side of the pistol grip. Thanks. Everything we sell is pre-owned and may contain defects, flaws, and use and handling marks. The Author's Winchester Model 43 in .218 Bee The .22 Hornet was given to me by an old friend of mine who purchased it new, back in 1950. For instructions on how to enable JavaScript, please see the help section of your browser. Winchester model 43 .218 Bee. IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. If your rifle has headspace issues, it may not be something that can be readily corrected. These rifles were produced until 1957, with about 63,000 sold.
1998 Pontiac Firehawk For Sale, Goodwill Jewelry Auctions, Amvets Drop Off Locations Ohio, Sudden Blackout For A Second Nhs, Articles W